league logo

MARCLIFF Gloucestershire County Football League

sponsor logo

Ron's Match Reports

31st August 2013 - Henbury and Southmead draw derby

Today’s game produced five draws with Longlevens dropping their first points of the season at home to Bristol Telephones. Gala Wilton move joint top with their closest rivals Longlevens with just one goal separating them after their 5-2 victory over Berkeley Town. The Local derby in the south of the County between Henbury and Southmead CS Athletic ended in a 2-2 draw. A few changes at the bottom as Rockleaze Rangers & Bristol Academy picked up their first point of the season, leaving Berkeley Town and Thornbury Town at the bottom losing all six games that they have played so far.

Henbury versus Southmead CS Athletic was the fixture of the day. With only approximately 2 miles between the two Clubs it drew the biggest gate of the day - 150 spectators turning out to watch their respective Clubs.

First blood went to the home side after 2 minutes when Jack Mills sent in a superb low drive from the right for leading scorer Aaron Anglin to power the ball past Sebastian Gribble in the visitors goal. Southmead’s first effort on goal came in the 10th minute a crisp low drive from Garry Booth that sped across goal and just beyond the far post. The home side took a two goal lead in the 21st minute from a well struck free kick on the right by Luke Cox that was met by Aaron Anglin to head the ball home for his second. In the next couple of minutes Southmead pushed forward and only two brilliant saves by home keeper Cameron Tarr kept the score-line at 2-0. On 29 minutes Southmead were back in the game as Terry Caswell broke free from the half-way line to lob the ball over the Henbury keeper. Aaron Anglin almost completed his hat-trick just before the break latching onto a long ball that keeper Gribble did well to parry away for a corner.

Southmead brought on Danny Glancy in the second half and he was on hand to level the score in the 59th minute driving the ball in after the first shot on goal by Luke Mills was parried by the keeper. Southmead were having the better of the second half but the home side were defending well marshalled by Gary Clarke. They did however have a reasonable chance on 63 minutes as the ball was threaded into Luke Cox just on the edge of the area but he scuffed his shot and it rolled through to Gribble to collect. The final effort of the afternoon came from Luke Coghlan of Southmead who went very close to grabbing the winner in the 82nd minute. A fair result from an excellent game of football.

The shock of the day came at Chipping Sodbury Town where visitors Frampton United went away with their first win of the season with a very impressive 5-0 victory. A Spokesman from Sodbury described it as a day when his team were not at the office. Frampton were in front after 3 minutes with a shot from the edge of the box by Josh Browning. Frazer Wilson made it 2-0 on 24 minutes again a good crisp shot from the edge of the box. A third from Ben Bulley on 59 minutes shook the home side but Frampton had not finished as Matt Cook netted the fourth on 72 minutes and Dan Huxstep finished it of with a fifth two minutes from the end.

Gala Wilton sent visitors Berkeley Town to the bottom of the table with a 5-2 home win. Gala opened the scoring on 20 minutes when Dave Wilkinson volleyed home from a corner, but Berkeley hit straight back and took a two one lead with two quick goals from Chris Andrews. Lee Allen levelled the score in the 44th minute when he rounded three Berkeley defenders before driving the ball past the visitor’s keeper. Brett James put the home side in front on the hour sliding the ball past the keeper in a one on one situation. Two minutes later Ryan Hughes picked up the rebound from a Craig Harris shot that was parried by the Berkeley keeper to make it 4-2 and Brett James grabbed his second to make the final score 5-2.

  • Action from Henbury V Southmead CS Athletic

  • Action from Henbury V Southmead CS Athletic

  • Action from Henbury V Southmead CS Athletic

  • Action from Henbury V Southmead CS Athletic

  • Action from Henbury V Southmead CS Athletic

  • Action from Henbury V Southmead CS Athletic

Longlevens were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Bristol Telephones. The visitors had the better of the first 20 minutes and missed a good chance to take the lead. Brad Martin and Ellis Sausman were also guilty of missing chances for the home side. James Dunn hit the crossbar on 55 minutes for the home side who eventually took the lead five minutes later with a free kick that deceived the visitors’ keeper dropping over his head right into the path of Ed Smyllie with the simple task of heading home from 3 yards. Telephones salvaged a point in the very last minute of the game from a long ball up field that was flicked on by Chris Misir and Keiron Golding struck the ball home from 20 yards.

A first point for Rockleaze Rangers as they came back from a 2-0 deficit at home to Kings Stanley. Savas Frangoullis gave away a penalty in the 25th minute and Ben Newman gave Stanley the lead from the spot. Stanley went into the break with a comfortable lead after Sam Burgess in the home goal made an awful mistake in the 41st minute to allow Ben Newman to score his second of the afternoon. A game of two halves we have often heard that phrase but this really was. Rockleaze were much the better side in the second 45 minutes and pulled a goal back on 76 minutes when Pete Newton–Smith swivelled in the box to hammer home a corner sent over from the right. The villain of the first half Savas Frangoullis then made amends in the 80th minute to score Rockleaze second goal and gain their first point of the season.

Bristol Academy also got of the mark with their first point of the season with a 1-1 draw at Patchway Town. Patchway took the lead on 8 minutes with a fortuitous goal a free kick from Ashley Wells that took a wicked deflection off Academy defender Ben Burns. The visitors got a deserved equaliser on 65 minutes when Sam Johnson struck his shot into the top right corner.

Hanham Athletic opened the scoring against Thornbury Town on 6 minutes when Matt Vickery set up Billy Hodge to score. Thornbury hit back 3 minutes later with a shot into the bottom corner from Steve Thompson. Shaun Morris and Tom Shopland then set up James Shipman to give the home side the lead on 53 minutes and a further goal on 65 minutes – Adam Grinter sending Shipman clear to net his second.

Bishops Cleeve Reserves and Ellwood fought out a well contested game with the result finishing all square at 2-2. Ellwood went in front on 8 minutes with a fiercely struck free kick from Mike Nelson. The home side drew level on 26 minutes from the penalty spot fired home by James Vercesi. Three minutes before the break Ellwood were back in front with a penalty struck home by Darryl Addis. The home side got back on level terms in the 54th minute Tim Arnold turning home a cross from the right. The home side were reduced to ten men in then 89th minute when Alec Witts was dismissed for a second bookable offence.

26th August 2013 - Late Sodbury strike seals win at Bristol Acedemy

The early kick-off of the day between Bristol Academy and Chipping Sodbury Town was decided in the very last minute of the game with a third goal from Chipping Sodbury. Sodbury used the long ball on quite a few occasions in the first 45 minutes whilst the home side were always looking to build from the back with their neat and precise passing game. Both sides enjoyed equal amount of possession but did not create many chances that is until the 40th minute when a long ball up field by the Sodbury defence caught out the Academy with both the goalkeeper and one of their defenders failing to control the ball and James Mackie had a simple task of sliding the ball home. Four minutes later Sodbury got a second from a long corner swung over from the right to the far post and Lloyd Harding who was unmarked powered his header into the net.

The Academy’s second half performance was much sharper and Toby Waterman finished of a great piece of football to make it 2-1 on 51 minutes. The Academy drew level in the 65th minute with a goal from Mason Winter and had several more chances to take the lead as the game progressed. A mistake in the 89th minute cost them dearly as James Mackie drove the ball home to give Sodbury the three points. The home side were unlucky to go away with nothing and this fourth loss in a row in the league keeps them at the foot of the table.

Previously unbeaten Henbury and league leaders Longlevens clashed today at Arnell Drive, with the visitors going away with three points after inflicting a heavy 5-0 defeat on the Bristol side. Brad Martin opened the scoring for Longlevens in the 14th minute and he made it 2-0 on 40 minutes. Two goals from Nick Humphreys on 44 and 45 minutes sent the leaders in at half time with a 4-0 cushion. Humphreys completed his hat-trick in the 60th minute

An eight goal thriller at Berkeley Town where Bishops Cleeve Reserves were the visitors - and went away with a 5-3 victory. Berkeley took the lead in the 22nd minute when Pete Lavis just reached the ball before the visitor’s keeper to put then ahead. Cleeve then hit back with 3 goals in eleven minutes two this side of half time. The first on 39 minutes was headed home by Ben Robinson and then a minute later Tim Arnold was brought down in the box and Scott Jordan scored from the spot. Jack Fairbairn netted number three on 50 minutes. Cleeve went 4-1 up in the 55th minute when Jack Fairbairn scored from close range. Berkeley then hit back five minutes later Pete Lavis netting his second with a drive into the top corner. Tom Palmer made it 4-3 from the penalty spot in the 65th minute, but a fifth goal from Ben Robinson heading home from a free kick sealed the points.

  • Action from Bristol Academy V Chipping Sodbury Town - Image Courtesy of Bob Mewse

  • Action from Bristol Academy V Chipping Sodbury Town - Image Courtesy of Bob Mewse

  • Action from Henbury V Longlevens - Image Courtesy of Bob Mewse

  • Action from Henbury V Longlevens - Image Courtesy of Bob Mewse

Southmead CS Athletic kept up their good form with a 4-1 victory at Kingswood. The home side gave the visitors a helping hand on 6 minutes when Paul Eldridge put the ball into his own net. Lee Williams put the home side on level terms in the 25th minute, but two minutes before the break a cross into the box found the unmarked Luke Coghlan to give the visitors a 2-1 lead. Luke Mills ran clear in the 65th minute to chip Fox for the third and a mistake by Eldridge in the 80th minute allowed Rob Sivers to make it four.

Bristol Telephones suffered their first defeat in the league going down 3-1 to close rivals Hanham Athletic. The home side took the lead in the 25th minute from a Dhani Golding strike cheekily chipping the keeper. That was his last touch of the afternoon as he had to leave the field with an injury. Hanham had a stroke of luck a few minutes later when Jack Fillingham put through his own goal to make it 1-1. Two further goals midway through the second half from Tom Shopland and Adam Grinter saw the visitors take the three points.

Ellwood’s game at home to Yate Town Reserves ended all square 2-2 with Yate having a player dismissed right at the end. Matt Addis gave Ellwood the lead on the half hour with a great run and an equally great shot. The home side might have made it 2-0 just 2 minutes later but Ryan Pendry’s shot hit the post. The visitors levelled on 35 minutes with a shot from Scott Robson. Mike Connor gave Yate the lead just five minutes from the end and it looked as though they would take the three points until Alex Brown headed home from a corner to save the day for the home side right on 90 minutes.

Frampton United are gradually slipping further down the table after they were beaten 2-1 by local rivals Kings Stanley. A long ball over the home defence in the 26th minute found Danny Carmen to lob the ball over the keeper. The lead lasted just 4 minutes as Ryan Vincent’s cross was volleyed home by Kris Bulley. Stanley grabbed the winner in the 62nd minute as Ben Newman was put clear to fire the ball home.

24th August 2013 - Les James Cup First Round - Sponsored by Braley Busines Systems

A break from league action this week with the first round of the Les James League Cup taking place.

Last seasons winners Kings Stanley are through to the next round winning on penalties at Gala Wilton after the result was level on ninety minutes.

Two other ties that were settled on penalties. Frampton United v Bristol Academy and Patchway Town v Yate Town Reserves.

The tie at Berkeley between Berkley Town and Rockleaze Rangers saw the visitors make their way into the next round with a 3-2 victory. Before today’s game neither side had won or drawn a game this season and they were equally matched throughout. The first 19 minutes failed to produce anything of note from ether side, but in the 20th minute Rangers took the lead with the first of three very good goals of the afternoon. Ben Lear hit a tremendous 35 yard shot past Lee Mason in the home goal, but within two minutes the home side drew level with the second spectacular goal a shot fired across goal well out of the reach of Rangers keeper Steve Higgins by Joe Blakeney. Rangers almost took the lead in the 44th minutes as Frank Stallard broke into the box only to have his goal bound shot well saved by Mason and then cleared away for a throw in.

The first minute of the second half started well for Rangers as Ben Lear was impeded in the box and Aaron Day netted from the resulting penalty. The home side immediately drew level again this time it was Sam Strickland driving another 35 yard shot past Higgins. Three minutes later Strickland had the opportunity to put the home side in front but pulled his shot wide of the goal. Both sides were looking for that elusive goal to send them into the next round and it went to Rockleaze Rangers on 83 minutes when Sam Andrews fired the ball past Mason.

Thornbury Towns Cup hopes were ended when they went down 3-0 at home to Chipping Sodbury Town. Sodbury showed their intensions right from the off and only a great save by home keeper Ross Britton tipping the ball over the bar from an Aex Fox volley from just outside the box on 18 minutes kept the score level. However it was Alex Fox who opened the scoring in the 32nd minute following up his own shot that had been well saved by Britton but ran loose to Fox to net the rebound. Tom Webb’s cross in the 35th minute was wasted as Nathan Irwin fired into the side netting for Thornbury. Sodbury went 2-0 up in the 59th minute from a Dan Bendall cross that was volleyed home by Liam Barrett. A third goal on 65 minutes a second from Alex Fox put Sodbury well on their way to the next round. In the closing minutes Fox almost got his third of the afternoon but for a brilliant save from keeper Ross Britton.

Holders Kings Stanley are through to the next round going through on penalties 3-0 after the score finished level at 2-2. Gala Wilton hosted the game because Stanley’s facilities were unavailable. Lee Allen scored twice for Gala Wilton but goals from Ben Newman (penalty) and a second from Liam Gale saw the scores level on 90 minutes.

Hanham Athletic, who are having a very inconsistent season so far went out of the Cup to Henbury at Vicarage Road by three goals to nil. Wes Pugh gave Henbury the lead right on half time. Ben Sandle then made it 2-0 to the visitors and a third on 70 minutes from Harry Bartlett put Henbury safely in the next round.

It went to penalties at Frampton United who bowed out of the cup to Bristol Academy after the result ended in a 2-2 draw on 90 minutes. David Sims- Burgess gave the Academy the lead on 13 minutes only for Frampton to level on 33 minutes with a Kris Bulley goal. David Sims-Burgess restored the lead in the second half for the Academy, but a spectacular gaol from Steve Jackson lobbing the keeper from almost on the half-way line levelled it again. The Academy went through 4-3 on penalties.

Kingswood took the lead after 9 minutes at home to Longlevens with a goal from George Williams. The visitors made 1-1 on 18 minute with a Brad Martin strike the first of his brace. Brother Craig Martin then made it 2-1 to the visitors. Brad Martin netted his second before Adam Phillips rounded it up to 4-1 to send the league leaders into the next round.

Ellwood progress to the next round with a well deserved victory at Southmead CS Athletic by three goals to two. The home side raced into a 2-0 lead Rob Wilks opening the scoring after 2 minutes. A second from John Henson on 20 minutes put the home side well in command. The tide turned in the 44th minute when Ellwood’s Darryl Addis pulled a goal back. Ten minutes into the second half Ellwood were level, with a strike from brother Matt Addis. Gary Wilden then popped up in the 71st minute to grab the winner for the visitors.

Patchway Town and Yate Town Reserves were unable to break the deadlock in 90 minutes the score finishing 0-0, but Patchway progress to the next round after winning the penalty shoot out 5-4.

17th August 2013 - Longlevens snatch late win at Chipping Sodbury

Longlevens retain their 100% start to the season with a 2-1 win at Chipping Sodbury Town. Henbury win 1-0 at Berkeley Town to move them into second spot. Southmead CS Athletic are third, all three Clubs are unbeaten on nine points.

Rockleaze Rangers remain in bottom place after a heavy 4-1 defeat at Kingswood and both Thornbury Town and Berkeley Town fill the other to places at the bottom all three Clubs have failed to register a point so far.

Longlevens needed an element of luck to give them the lead at Chipping Sodbury Town after the home side had started the better 18 minutes. Mike England saw his 30 yard drive pushed over the bar by Jake Underwood on 5 minutes and a few minutes later Ed Smyllie cleared off the line after James Mackie had got behind the visitors defence to send a low cross into the six yard box. Another tremendous effort from Oliver Clarke on 18 minutes a 20 yard shot that clipped the top of the crossbar. The visitors first real attempt on goal came in the 22nd minute a header that looped over the bar from Kempton Griffiths. A minute later Longlevens were in front with a fortuitous goal a cross that was headed goal-wards by Brad Martin only to see it clip the post and the bar as it dropped into the net. The visitors who were missing some key players on the day created a second chance to go further ahead in the 32nd minute but Brad Martin's shot was weak and went straight into the arms of home keeper George Hale. Sodbury last effort before the break came from James Mackie who saw his 25 yard drive just clear the bar.

The home side had much the better of the second half enjoying a large slice of the possession but were unable to break down a very stubborn defence. James Mackie went close with a header on 62 minutes Underwood brought off a good save in the 81st minute but was beaten just a minute later when the ball was deflected off a Longlevens defender over the line. The referee gave the goal with the visitors protesting. It looked like the result would finish all square until Brad Martin fired home from the edge of the box in the very last minute to snatch the three points.

Henbury who had a good mid-week result against Ellwood continued their good start with a slender 1-0 win at Berkeley Town They should have taken the lead in the 40th minute from the penalty spot but stand-in goalkeeper for Berkeley Peter Lavis brought of a great save from Reece Purnell’s shot from 12 yards. Berkeley did have several efforts to level but spurned those chances. Henbury won the game in the 65th minute when Reece Purnell made up for his earlier miss to latch onto a through ball and drive it past Lavis in the home goal.

Thornbury Town came back to level the score in their home fixture with Yate Town Reserve but then conceded in the very last minute to lose the game. Yate took the lead in the 58th minute from a Scott Robson shot that squirmed through the hands of the Thornbury keeper into the net. Thornbury were reduced to ten men in the 65th minute after Nathan Sage picked up a second yellow card and was dismissed. Danny Thompson levelled the score on 87 minutes with a shot from 10 yards and it looked as though the home side had salvaged at least a point, but Yate had other ideas as Mike Connor stooped low to head home in the 90th minute.

Bishops Cleeve recorded their second win of the week with a 4-0 defeat of Bristol Academy. The visitors have now conceded 9 goals in their first two outings. The home side should have gone ahead in the 15th minute but Jamie Lock missed from the penalty spot. He made up for that miss 15 minutes later this time making no mistake with his spot kick. A Tim Arnold through ball in the 40th minute was neatly tucked away by Alec Witts to put the home side two up at the break. The Academy had a great chance to reduce the arrears in the 59th minute but home keeper Dan Greenhouse saved the visitors spot kick. Two further goals in the 69th minute and the 71st minute put the home side well in command. The first was netted by Jack Fairbairn and Tim Arnolds through ball set up Chris Parsons to net the second.

Ellwood took a 2-0 lead in the first half against newcomers Bristol Telephones, but the visitors hit back in the second half to gain a point. A Julian Addis cross come shot crept into the net on 20 minutes to give Ellwood the lead. A brilliant individual effort from Tom Creed on 29 minutes a pass out to the right found Creed unmarked and he then travelled from the halfway line before smashing the ball into the visitors net. Telephones pulled a goal back in the 68th minute from a good break down the right and a cross to the far post for Jack Fillingham to head home. The visitors levelled on 80 minutes again it was Jack Fillingham on target this time picking up the rebound from a shot that was only parried by home keeper Dane Adams to fire in the equalising goal.

Gala Wilton were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Patchway Town in a game that saw the visitors on the defensive most of the first half but that changed just before the break when Mark Stoneham gave Patchway the lead. The home side gained a deserved point on 67 minutes when they were awarded a penalty for handball and Lee Allen netted from the spot.

Frampton United slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home to Southmead CS Athletic. Rob Sivers gave the visitors the lead in the 54th minute but the home side hit back to level on 70 minutes with a 15 yard strike from Ryan Vincent. A mistimed tackle in the box gave Southmead the opportunity to take the lead from the penalty spot Rob Sivers netting his second of the afternoon. Southmead made the game safe in the 84th minute with a goal from substitute John Kilpatrick.

Kingswood’s 4-1 win over bottom club Rockleaze Rangers moves them up to 6th place in the table. It was Rangers who took the lead with a strike from Lewis McCalla. Gavin Dibden levelled when the ball was headed down by Ben Vale for him to tap home. A neat one – two between Ryan Mudd and Paul Bleaken saw Mudd finish the move off with a second for the home side. Ryan Mudd was involved in the third for Kingswood as he crossed for Asa Cox to set up Paul Bleaken to score. Paul Eldridge who was standing in for Chris Fox their normal keeper save well to deny Connor Simpson pulling a goal back for the visitors. A Gavin Dibden shot in the 75th minute beat the visitor’s keeper but was struggling to cross the line so James Crossfield raced in to make sure and net number four.

Kings Stanley opened their season with a 4-2 defeat at Hanham Athletic. Stanley opened the scoring on 15 minutes with a goal from Nathan Buckland and held onto that lead until the 55th minute when the home side levelled from the penalty spot with a Shaun Morris strike. Adam Grinter gave the home side the lead with a diving header in the 60th minute, but Stanley hit back 10 minutes later through Ben Newman. An own goal in the 80th minute put the home side 3-2 up and then three minutes later they sealed the points when Billy Hodge netted the fourth.

10th August 2013 - New boys open with wins

A mixed afternoon as far as results was concerned. The two new Clubs Bristol Telephones and Gala Wilton got off to a winning start and last seasons champions Longlevens started their season with a good 4-0 win over Rockleaze Rangers.

The game at Bristol Telephones was delayed for 35 minutes because Bishops Cleeve Reserves were held up on the M5 The game eventually kicked off at 3.35pm. The visitors started the game confidently and their approach work looked impressive but their final touches around the box let them down. Telephones opened the scoring on 12 minutes with a break down the left and a cross into the box for Jack Fillingham to slide the ball past Greenhouse. Alec Witts had a great chance to level the score on 18 minutes when he eased his way clear of the home defence and then drove the ball straight at home keeper Chris Blammon. A mistake in the 23rd minute by the Cleeve defence almost cost them a second goal as Dhani Golding latched on to the loose ball before firing a good shot on target but somehow Greenhouse managed to parry the ball away. Home player Chris Misir went very close in the 33rd minute with a shot from the edge of the box. The home side made it 2-0 just before the break when Dhani Golding capitalised on another mistake in the visitors defence and neatly chipped the ball over Greenhouse.

Cleeve struggled in the second half to make inroads into then home defence and Blammon had a comfortable second half. The best goal of the game came in the 71st minute from the right the ball being played into Mike Grist to drive an unstable 30 yard shot into the far corner with Greenhouse well beaten. The home side had several more chances to increase the score-line but the shots were just wide of the target.

Gala Wilton went into the break with a 3-0 lead over Thornbury Town. Brett James opened the scoring on 5 minutes when he headed home at the near post from a corner. Ryan Hughes netted a second on 22 minutes with a mazy run that took him past several Thornbury defenders before driving the ball home. Ryan Hughes crossed into the box for Brett James to grab his second on 37 minutes. The home side went 4-0 up on 59 minutes when Myron Turner fired home the rebound from a James shot that had been blocked. The home side were reduced to 10 men in the 73rd minute and Thornbury grabbed a late consolation with Tom Webb chasing down a long ball in the 87th minute.

Longlevens got off to a great star with a 4-0 victory over Rockleaze Rangers. Only 20 spectators watched the champions as they took the lead in the 8th minute when Ryan Dunn set up Dave Pugh to score. Craig Martin made it 2-0 on 18 minutes with a lob over the keeper. Brad Martin increased the score to 3-0 on 24 minutes when he picked up a miss-hit shot from Dave Merrick to fire home. The 70th minute saw the fourth and final goal - this time a cross to the far post from Lee Blackmore that eventually found the head of Brad Martin to net his second.

  • Action from Bristol Telephones V Bishops Cleeve Reserves

  • Action from Bristol Telephones V Bishops Cleeve Reserves

  • Action from Bristol Telephones V Bishops Cleeve Reserves

  • Action from Bristol Telephones V Bishops Cleeve Reserves

  • Action from Bristol Telephones V Bishops Cleeve Reserves

  • Action from Bristol Telephones V Bishops Cleeve Reserves

  • Action from Bristol Telephones V Bishops Cleeve Reserves

Ellwood got of to a winning start but could only beat Chris Fox in the Kingswood goal once to claim the three points. Although Ellwood had much of the play Fox was in tremendous form and kept the home forwards at bay until late in the game. He even saved a penalty taken by Darryl Addis in the 50th minute but was eventually beaten when he could only parry a Tom Creed shot and Matt Addis was there to drive the ball home.

A point apiece for Frampton United and Hanham Athletic as they drew 1-1. The deadlock was broken in the 50th minute when Sam Wright fired the ball into the net from a Lee Francis free kick. Hanham levelled six minutes later as the ball was pumped into a crowded goalmouth the ball sliding of the shoulder of a Frampton defender into the net.

Berkeley Town got off to a great start against visitors Southmead CS Athletic, taking the lead after 14 minutes when Mike Reece turned in a corner with his head. They held on to the 71st minute and then were stunned as Luke Mills netted with a great shot from the edge of the box. The winning goal came in the 87th minute for the visitors Rob Wilks getting on the score sheet.

The biggest score of the day was a 6-1 win by Patchway Town at Chipping Sodbury Town. Luke Drew took full advantage of a mix up in the home defence to give Patchway the lead on 5 minutes and then another defensive error gave Matt Davies the chance to score the first of his three goals to give the visitors a 2-0 lead. Danny Coombes gave Sodbury some hope in the 35th minute pulling a goal back. A disputed fourth goal for Patchway on the hour scored by John Pugsley knocked the stuffing out of the home side and two further goals from Matt Davies on 67 and 69 minutes complete his hat-trick put the visitors in the driving seat. A penalty converted by Chris Kritikos in the last minute was the last straw.

Henbury took all three points against visitors Yate Town Reserves but could only manage a single goal. The goal came in the 20th minute from a cross into the box that was turned in by Aaron Anglin.