league logo

MARCLIFF Gloucestershire County Football League

sponsor logo

Ron's Match Reports

31st January 2015 - Henbury take chances against Patchway

Chipping Sodbury Town closed the gap at the top to one point with a win over Thornbury Town. Leaders Cheltenham Civil Service were held to a draw at Bristol Telephones. Kings Stanley are only 3 points behind the leaders but have played 4 games more. - Berkeley Town remain bottom after they were beaten at home by Yate Town Reserves - Bishops Cleeve Reserves picked up a point at Gala Wilton but Patchway Town lost at Henbury.

Difficult conditions at Henbury with a strong wind blowing straight down the pitch. Both teams adapted fairly well sharing equal possession in the first 45 minutes. Although Patchway’s approach work looked good their inability to make the final break through eluded them. Henbury faired little better although they did have a free kick taken by Danny Simpson fly over the bar on 16 minutes. Henbury sneaked a goal in the 25th minute from a cross into the box that was met by Kane Simpson to slip the ball past Town’s keeper Lloyd Kelsell. In the 36th minute Henbury’s Jack Mills saw his shot well saved by the Patchway custodian.

After the break the home side had the wind in their faces but seemed to adapt much better than the visitors. Kane Simpson saw his shot from the edge of the box go just wide in the 52th minute. Patchway’s Matt Davies then fired his shot wide of the target on 68 minutes. A minute later Kelsall denied Kane Simpson getting a second with a good save. Chris Kritikos had a great chance to level for Patchway on 71 minutes but missed the target. In the 75th minute Kelsall again saved well this time from a 20 yard shot from Jack Mills. Mills almost beat the keeper in the 85th minute with a powerful shot from 25 yards the keeper grabbing the ball at a second attempt. Henbury made sure of the points 2 minutes from the end from a good build up that gave Ben Sandell the chance to fire the ball home across the keeper.

Cheltenham Civil Service had to come from behind at Bristol Telephones to salvage a point from this game. A situation that they have not found themselves in very often this season. The visitors did take the lead on 20 minutes after phones keeper Chris Blammon committed a foul on one of the visitor’s forwards and Tejay Bick netted the resulting penalty. 5 minutes later Phones were level when Mike Grist picked up the ball 30 yards out and unleashed a thunderbolt of a shot that gave the visitors keeper no chance. Early in the second half the home side took the lead. The ball was knocked into the box Dhani Golding flicked the ball through the legs of the defender stood on the line taking him by surprise. The leaders hit back in the 70th minute with a goal from Jonny Evans but the game finished with 10 players a side.

Chipping Sodbury Town have closed the gap to 1 point on the leaders after their 3-0 win over Thornbury Town. Sodbury went ahead on 16 minutes when Danny Coombes volleyed home from just inside the box. The home side had further chance to increase the lead but both Cattle and Fox were guilty of missing those chances before Ben Weaver rounded his marker before driving the ball across the keeper to make it 2-0 on 39 minutes. Thornbury only tested George Hale in the home goal once in the first half. The second 45 minutes was spoiled by the conditions a very strong wind and the pitch cutting up quite badly. In the 79th minute Liam Barrett volleyed home an Alex Fox free kick to make the final score 3-0.

Berkeley Town continue to struggle and in a game that was also affected by the conditions they were undone in the 88th minute when Yate Town Reserves were awarded a free kick that was sent into the box by Zac Gaston and headed home by Scott Cousins.

Ellwood are having a really bad spell at present and after losing at Thornbury last week went down 2-0 at home to Hanham Athletic in what was described as a very poor game played by two poor teams on the day. The visitors went ahead in the first half with a spectacular 40 yard shot on goal that deceived the home keeper and ended up in the back of the net. Shaun Morris’s 70th minute goal that went in of the post gave the visitors a welcomed 3 points.

Gala Wilton took the lead in their home game with Bishops Cleeve Reserves after Lee Allen’s free kick flew into the net on 35 minutes. In a game of very few chances Cleeve levelled 3 minutes into the second half when a long through ball found Giles Elliott who drove the ball home from the edge of the box.

Frampton United had to come from behind to salvage a point from this game against title challengers Kings Stanley. Kris Bulley might well have put the home side in front on 25 minutes but his header went wide of the post. The home side were appealing for a penalty on 31 minutes when Chris Fower looked to be brought down in the box, but the referee was having none of it. Stanley’s only real chance in the first half came 2 minutes before the break when Andrew Roberts shot over the bar. The visitors went ahead 2 minutes into the second half from a Liam Gale’s through ball to Jake Davies who rounded the keeper before sliding the ball home. Frampton left it late but equalised on 86 minutes when a corner was driven home from just inside the box by Dan Huxstep. Frampton almost stole the 3 points but for a great save from keeper Gavin Dean from a Steve Jackson header.

AEK Boco went behind after 20 minutes when Kingswood’s Simon Clarke netted from the penalty spot. Liam Powell levelled for the home side 10 minute later hitting a 25 yard free kick well out of the reach of the keeper. The home side then went in front on 38 minutes when Charlie Stevens netted from the penalty spot. Kingswood levelled the score on 61 minutes when Sam Blakeney scored their second after a goalmouth scramble. The home side got the winner in the 71st minute when Charlie Stevens latched onto a Liam Crewe cross to drive his shot in off the post.

24th January 2015 - Telephones put five past Rockleaze

29 goals scored in 8 fixtures with Cheltenham Civil Service banging in six against Berkeley Town and Bristol Telephones netting five at Rockleaze without reply. Both Thornbury Town and Henbury found the back of the net on four occasions.

Chipping Sodbury Towns win at Kingswood puts them into second place after Kings Stanley lost at home to Gala Wilton.

The bottom two Clubs were both soundly beaten, but Patchway Town beat Southmead CS Athletic to ease their problems at the bottom.

Rockleaze Rangers will be bitterly disappointed with their 5-0 defeat at the hands of Bristol Telephones who are the leagues leading goal-scorers with 84 goals in 24 games. The game kicked off 20 minutes late due to two of the match officials being held up on the motorway due to an accident. Rangers started well and might have gone ahead on 13 minutes when Richard Bray got clear on the left side of the box, but Phones keeper Chris Blammon saved well. Phones went ahead on 17 minutes from a break down the left and Ryan Hicks cutting inside before curling the ball past Burgess from the edge of the box. Phones scored a second on 30 minutes when Dhani Golding cut into the Rangers box before squaring the ball to Luke Palmer to drive past the keeper. Palmer was on target again 3 minutes later When a long cross from the left found him unmarked and he drove a superb volley from 20 yards past Burgess. Rangers should have pulled a goal back in the 35th minute when Sam Andrews cross was met by Liam Jenkins but the header went over the bar. Phones almost got a forth in the 40th minute when Burgess misjudged the cross into the box and with the keeper well off his line Kyran Hunts curling shot went just past the far post.

Rangers started well in the second half and Ed Freeman’s shot in the 48th minute lacked any real punch and Blammon saved easily. In the 57th minute Blamon saved well from Sam Andrews and the keeper was in the thick of it again a few minutes later foiling another good move by Rangers. Phones forth goal on 64 minutes was a great piece of individual skill from Dhani Golding picking the ball up wide on the right from a defensive clearance and from the halfway line he cut inside before making space to send a superb left foot drive past Burgess. The fifth goal in the 67th minute had an element of luck attached as Luke Palmer broke down the right flank before sending in a low hard cross into the six yard box and in his attempt to clear, Alex Fallon sliced the ball into his own net. Rangers still kept plugging away but Blammon was in no mood to let anything past him as he again saved well from a Liam Jenkins shot. 10 minutes from the end Phones almost made it six but Luke Palmers shot hit the crossbar.

Cheltenham Civil Service march on as they thump six past a poor Berkeley Town side. The home side were in control for most of the ninety minutes and although they found the back of the net six times it could easily have been more on the day. Leading goal-scorer Jack Sklenar missed this match but his replacement on the day Paul Holmes found the back of the net on four occasions. Holmes opened the scoring in the 11th minute with a header from a free kick. The second on 17 minutes was a neat bit of play by Holmes who back heeled a cross into the box straight to Jonny Evans to drive home. Holmes got his second on 26 minutes after Evans shot was spilled by the Berkeley keeper the rebound falling nicely for the striker to fire home. A hattrick for Holmes on 52 minutes when the ball was whipped into the box and the striker netted from inside the six yard box. 5-0 in the 74th minute a forth goal from Holmes a 20 yard volley. Just a minute later Mark Jones unmarked on the far post slotted the ball home for number six.

Patchway Town eased their relegation worries with a 2-1 win at home to Southmead CS Athletic. The home side took the lead on 5 minutes when Chris Kritikos was put clear and he rounded the keeper before slotting the ball home. In the 68th minute Southmead levelled the score with a screamer of a shot from Luke Coghlan that flew into the top corner giving the keeper no chance. Patchway snatched the winner in 89th minute when Matt Davies was upended in the box and Ash Brown netted from the spot kick. The visitors finished the game with ten men after Luke Coghlan picked up a second yellow card.

Kingswood took the lead at home to Chipping Sodbury Town in the 40th minute from a cross by Frank Hitchings that was turned in by Gary Simmons. Sodbury had been kept at bay in the first 45 minutes by keeper Chris Fox who made three outstanding saves from his name sake Alex Fox. It was Alex Fox who eventually beat the home keeper when he headed home in the 55th minute. The home side thought they had taken the lead again in the 70th minute but the goal was ruled out for offside. The visitors grabbed the winner in the 80th minute from a ball floated into the box from a free kick and Mike Beacham was there with the finishing touch.

Thornbury Town’s 4-0 victory over Ellwood saw one of their best display’s of the season. They went ahead after 4 minutes from a punched clearance from the Ellwood keeper that fell to Luke Franklin on the edge of the box he took one touch before driving the ball into the corner of the net. The second on 24 minutes a good move that saw Mark Viner send Danny Thompson away down the right and his cross into the box found Craig Lancastle who dived full length to head home. Joe guest made it 3-0 when he cut into the box before hitting his shot into the top corner. Town went 4-0 up on 75 minutes when Nathan Irwin turned in a low cross into the box from Luke Franklin.

Frampton United continue their good run with a slender 1-0 victory at Hanham Athletic. The only goal of the game was a terrific 30 yard shot from Stuart Maule in the 25th minute.

Kings Stanley’s good run also came to an end when they went down 2-1 at home to Gala Wilton. Jake Davies broke through to give the home side the lead on 12 minutes, but 5 minutes later Gala were level from a David Wilkinson shot from the edge of the box. Gala took the lead in the 35th minute from a break down the flank with Martin Smith getting the all important touch from the cross. Stanley almost levelled on 60minutes when Liam Gale just failed to get on the end of a Jake Davies cross. Gala almost snatched a third goal on 75 minutes but for great save by home keeper Ashley Gale. This defeat saw Stanley slip to third in the table.

Bishops Cleeve Reserves remain in deep trouble after a 4-0 defeat at home by Henbury. Adam Rosser gave the visitors a 1-0 lead in the 30th minute and that is how it stayed until the 70th minute when Kane Simpson made it 2-0. Two further goals in the last 2 minutes a second from Kane Simpson on 87 minutes and a second from Adam Rosser in the 89th minute gave the visitors a very comfortable win.

17th January 2015 - Southmead win basement battle with Bishops Cleeve

Four fixtures lost today with Leaders Cheltenham Civil Service one of those games. Kings Stanley’s win at Hanham Athletic has put them level on points with the leaders but they have an inferior goal difference and have played four games more. Chipping Sodbury Town are in third place trailing by three points but have also played two games more than the leaders

Bishops Cleeve Reserves remain routed to the bottom after losing at Southmead CS Athletic..

The pitch at Southmead CS Athletic looked in very good condition an hour before the game and then the rain came down until just before the kick-off. This made it heavy going as the area around the centre circle began to cut up. It certainly made for some interesting play as both teams adapted to the conditions. The home side pushed really hard right from the off and caught the visitors defence on the hop after 7 minutes when a defender and the keeper got into a mess and allowed Andy Makepeace to put the home side one up. Before the visitors could gather their wits new signing Dominic Holver fired the ball home from just inside the box for a 2-0 lead. This woke the visitors up and in their first attack Elliott Marlow fired over from 25 yards. On 18 minutes Ash Hill sent his 20 yard free kick over the Southmead bar. On 22 minutes Cleeve were back in the game when a long free kick was hit straight to Bowering in the home goal but he failed to take it cleanly and a group of Cleeve player surrounded the keeper with Adam Gill getting the final touch for the goal. Within 3 minutes the home side restored their two goal lead when Holver lobbed the ball over keeper Adam Clark.

The home side almost made it 4-1 in the 54th minute when a powerful shot from Andy Makepeace was spilled by Clark but he managed to turn and grab the ball before it crossed the line. Holver always looked dangerous and he was only just wide with a tremendous low shot from the corner of the box in the 66th minute. At the other end Bowering saved really well from a Giles Elliott shot. Holver had a great chance to complete his hattrick on 84 minutes as he broke though on goal but was closed down by Clark and the striker pulled his shot just wide of the post.

Kings Stanley’s win at Hanham Athletic have put them on level points with Cheltenham Civil Service but they have played four games more. The pitch conditions at Vicarage Road was described as very tricky. Ben Newman had an early chance for the visitors breaking through on goal but was pushed wide by the Hanham keeper and was unable to get a clear shot on goal. The home side gifted the opening goal to Stanley when they gave away a penalty in the 15th minute for handball. Stanley’s leading scorer Danny Chandler slotted the penalty home. The home side were always in the game and gave Stanley some worrying times at the back. In the 35th minute Stanley went 2-0 up from a long free kick out wide on the right that was sent over to the far post by Chandler and Dan Mcnally rose to head home. In the 37th minute the home side had the opportunity to pull a goal back from the penalty spot with Shaun Morris given the chance form 12 yards. Unfortunately it was not his day as Stanley keeper Ashley Gale brought off a great save. Although there were some half chances created in the second 45 minutes the score-line remained the same with Stanley going home with the points.

Chipping Sodbury Town v Yate Town Reserves was the local derby of the day. Just a mile or so separate the two Clubs. Sodbury who are riding high were looking for a win to keep them in contention at the top of the table whilst Yate are battling down the bottom half of the table. The home side took the early initiative but failed to create any sound chances and then against the run of play Yate sneaked the lead from a cross into Scott Cousins whose coolly flicked header found the bottom corner. The visitors held onto that lead until the 82nd minute before Alex Fox caught the Yate keeper off his line and lifted the ball into the net. This gave the home side a lift and 3 minutes later they grabbed the winner when Danny Coombes broke down the flank and sent in a cross for James Mackie to turn into the net.

Thornbury Town took the lead in the 24th minute at Frampton United when an awful mix-up in the home defence allowed Craig Lancastle in to score. The home side hit back in style with a hattrick from Redford Hogben. Frampton were only behind for a minute as Kris Bulleys shot was picked up by Hogben to level. Hogben put Frampton ahead on 40 minutes with a simple tap in. Hogben’s third came in the 70th minute when he ran on to a ball that had been pushed through the legs of the Thornbury keeper by Stuart Maule.

Bristol Telephones who are still playing their home fixtures on their opponents ground were unable to break through the Patchway Town defence in the first 45 minutes, but made up for it with three second half goals. Dhani Golding gat the first on 65 minutes from the penalty spot after a Patchway defender pushed the ball off the line. Arran McQuaid made it 2-0 after being put clear by Luke Palmer on 75 minutes. The final goal came just 2 minutes from the end when Phil Vice headed the ball past his own keeper.

10rd January 2015 - Bristol Telephones too strong for Chipping Sodbury

With Cheltenham Civil Service on Cup duty today it gave the chasing pack a chance to close the points gap at the top. Chipping Sodbury Town slipped up at home to Bristol Telephones but Kings Stanley overcame Henbury to move into second place just 3 points behind the leaders.

No change at the bottom of the table as the 3 Clubs down there were not in action due to postponements.

Chipping Sodbury Town who originally were without a fixture today requested a fixture and had their game with Bristol Telephones brought forward from March. Right from the off the visitors were the better side and went away with 3 well earned points. There were no goals in the first 45 minutes but plenty of action from both sides. Chris Misir should have done better with a shot that went over the bar on 4 minutes for Phones. A few minutes later Keiron Golding had a clear shot on goal but that also went way over the top. At the other end Danny Coombes had his effort blocked twice in Sodbury’s first effort on goal. Ben Weaver hit a good low shot at the visitor’s goal but it went just wide of the post. In the 18th minute the visitors thought they had scored but the referee disallowed the goal for an infringement on home keeper Chris Simsek. A cross from Danny Coombes to the far post just eluded Justin Cattle. Ben Weaver might have given the home side the lead on 30 minutes but he squeezed his shot wide. The best chance fell to Phones Aaron McQuaid on 34 minutes - clear on goal he tried to chip Simsek but the keeper read it well and plucked it out of the air.

Things starting happening right from the start of the second period with the visitors driving forward right from the off. It was the home side who almost took the lead in the 51st minute but Phones keeper Chris Blammon pulled of a great save to deny Josh Cann and from the break away Telephones went straight up the other end the ball finding Chris Misir who chipped the ball over Simsek. Sodbury’s Danny Coombes was very unlucky in the 58th minute when his thunderous shot struck the upright. Just a minute later the visitors went 2-0 up when Dhani Goldings goalbound shot was misjudged by Simsek letting the ball slip through his hands. Right from the kick off Sodbury pulled a goal back. Blammon brought off a point blank save only to see the ball fall for Danny Coombes to drive it home from close in. 2 minutes later Simsek was unable to stop an Aaron McQuaid shot going through his legs for a 3-1 lead. The visitors almost made it four on 66 minutes, but Simsek made up for his earlier errors with a brilliant save from Ryan Hicks. James Mackie was unlucky in the 72th minute when he tried to hook the ball into the net for a second for the home side only to see Blammon finger tip it over the top.

Yate Town Reserves bounced back from their disappointment at Frampton last week with a 2-0 win at home to Ellwood who after a good start to the season have gradually slipped down the table. In a game that was fairly evenly contested it went down to the last 5 minutes to settle the game. Joe Guest gave the home side the lead on 85 minutes with a tremendous volley that went in off the post after Harley Warren had set the chance up. Then 2 minutes later a spectaculars 20 yard drive from Josh Beddis dipped under the crossbar.

Kings Stanley were another side who left it late to steal the 3 points at home to Henbury. The first half was controlled by the home side but it was Henbury who went into the break with a 1-0 lead a goal scrambled home by James Loud in the 35th minute. A great cross from Liam Gale in the 75th minute gave the home side a chance to draw level but Ben Newman failed to take advantage. Stanley did level the score on 80 minutes when the Henbury defence failed to get to a cross and Liam Gale looped his header over the keeper. Stanley snatched the winner 5 minutes later after the ball fell to Danny Chandler to weaved his way through the defence to score.

A great game of football at Rockleaze Rangers where AEK Boco fought back from two goals down to win 3-2. All the action was saved for the second half although Rangers might have had a 1-0 lead at the break but for a glaring miss by Jack Dempsey on 44 minutes. The opening goal on 50 minutes came courtesy of some good movement between Liam Jenkins and Tim Downes with Downs having his shot parried by the keeper and roll towards the goal line before Boco’s Richard Sperring knocked the ball over the line for an own goal in his attempt to clear. Rangers were two up on 62 minutes when Tim Downes headed in a Richard Bray cross. On 79 minutes AEK pulled a goal back when a cross into the box hit the crossbar and Charlie Stevens picked up the rebound to put it away. Rangers almost made it 3-1 on 80 minutes when Theo Coombs hit the crossbar from 20 yards. Boco went straight up the other end and levelled the score when Harry Greenlands header beat Burgess in the home goal. Boco grabbed the winner in the 84th minute when Ben Menear stabbed the ball home in a goalmouth scramble.

Southmead CS Athletic got off to a flying start at Gala Wilton taking a two goal lead in the first 18 minutes. Luke Coghlan got the visitors off to great start firing home a 25 yard drive after 2 minutes. It got even better on 18 minutes when Andy Makepeace scored a second. The joy only lasted 7 minutes as Gala’s Lee Allen pulled one back with a shot into the top corner on 25 minutes. Myron Turner then made it 2-2 on 35 minutes when he pulled down a Liam Halliday cross before firing home. Turner got a second when he picked up a long ball over the visitors defence on 70 minutes to put the home side 3-2 in front. Sammy Hicks made things worse for the visitor’s when he made it 4-2 and a 25 yard shot into the top corner by Alex Pritchard on 80 minutes made things even worse for Southmead.

Kingswood and Frampton United could not find the back of the net in a game that created only one really good chance and that fell to the home side on 85 minutes a cross into the box by Gary Simmons was chested down by Frank Hitchings before firing his shot against the crossbar.

GFA Challenge Trophy Quarter Final - Cheltenham Civil Service will be representing the Marchiff Gloucestershire County Football League in the Semi-final after they beat Step 6 Hellenic League Tuffley Rovers 2-0 at Tewksbury Road, Paul Holmes gave the home side the lead on 23 minutes when he followed up a shot that rebounded straight to him and Mark Jones made it 2-0 on 35 minutes when he knocked home a cross to the far post. Tuffley never really came to terms with the very windy conditions throughout the game.

3rd January 2015 - Frampton United fight back to beat Yate

The heavy overnight rain washed out six of the nine fixtures scheduled today.

The three Clubs at the top and the bottom of the division were victims of the weather conditions, but Frampton United moved into 4th place with their win over Yate Town Reserves.

Yate Town Reserves were unlucky to leave with nothing from this game but the sending off of their goal keeper in the 52nd minute of the game almost certainly played a part in the final result. For the first 15 minutes of this game it was the visitors who looked much the better side and forced 5 corners during this period. They were much sharper to the ball and split the home defence on several occasions and only some very good defending and a couple of wild shots prevented the break through. It took the home side 20 minutes to muster an attempt on the Yate goal and that flew over the bar. The visitors grabbed a deserved lead in the 21st minute after forcing yet another corner this time on the left. The ball into the crowded six yard box fell nicely for Josh Beddis to steer the ball into the net. Frampton’s second attempt on goal in the 32nd minute was a header that went just wide of the upright. In the 39th minute Frampton had their best chance to level the score when Manola Marquez Espada found himself with a clear shot on goal but it was really well saved by the visitor’s keeper Dan Worton pushing it around the post for a corner. The 1-0 lead for the visitors at the break was well deserved.

It was Yate who nearly increased their lead 3 minutes into the second half but for a great save by the Frampton keeper Scott Gearon from a Lewis Fogg shot. Another great chance went begging for the visitors in the 51st minute when a cross into the box from the right was met by Josh Beddis but he directed his header wide. The game changed a minute later when Chris Fower got behind the Yate defence, raced clear into the box but was brought down by Worton who denied Fower a goal-scoring opportunity - for that the keeper was sent off and a penalty awarded. Outfield player Liam Vaulters took the keeper jersey in the Yate goal to face Frampton’s Matt Cook. Cook hit a hard shot to the keeper’s right and Vaulters got a hand to it but could not prevent it going in. With the score at 1-1 and a man down Yate surprised the home side when they regained the lead just 4 minutes later when Josh Beddis netted his second of the game with a shot from just inside the box. United started to push forward and the visitors were having to defend for some time but held on until the 65th minute when a long ball caught them out and Stuart Maule lobbed the ball over the stand-in keeper from the edge of the box to level the score. Beddis who had looked sharp throughout the game when going forward should have given the Yate side the lead once again but his finish was poor. Frampton sub and new signing Radford Hogben broke clear on the right but his low shot the near post was well saved by Vaulters pushing the ball away for a corner. Yate were caught out in the 89th minute from a long ball that found Manola Marquez Espada clear on the right and he squared the ball back across the box where Chris Fower was arriving to send the ball home for the winner.

Bristol Telephones who at present are playing their home games on their opponents ground were not perturbed as they travelled to Gala Wilton and won the game 5-0. Telephones took the lead from the penalty spot after 10 minutes when Dhani Golding was brought down and Adam Gregory netted from 12 yards. In the 23rd minute Phones went 2-0 up when Martin Blacker set up Dhani Golding to score. It was 3-0 after 57 minutes again it was Golding who netted a parried ball from the keeper after Kyran Hunt had got to the by-line on the left and squared the ball back. A cracking 25 yard free kick from Golding in the 67th minute made it 4-0 and the fifth goal came in the 75th minute when Martin Blacker was brought down in the box and Adam Gregory scored his second from the spot.

The final game played today was at Hanham Athletic where Kingswood were the visitors. Kingswood had most of the first half but it was the home side who took the lead a minute before the break. Kingswood lost possession in midfield the ball was immediately pumped out wide and from the resulting cross Lucas Hart fired the ball into the bottom corner. 2 minutes into the second half the visitors were level the goal coming from a scramble in the box that was finished off by Simon Clark. Kingswood grabbed the winner in the 55th minute from a good move that involved Ryan Mudd and Tom Higgins the latter lifting the ball over the Hanham keeper from the edge of the box. Kingswood had further chances to increase the lead but failed to do so and were nearly caught out in the 85th minute when the home side struck the crossbar with a tremendous shot.