league logo

MARCLIFF Gloucestershire County Football League

sponsor logo

Ron's Match Reports

28th March 2015 - AEK Boco edge out Chipping Sodbury to go second

Things are beginning to hot up at the top of the table with Cheltenham Civil Service still in pole position but their games in hand are down to three. They drew at Patchway Town and AEK Boco move into second place with a win over Chipping Sodbury Town. Berkeley Town are in dire straights as they were beaten at home by Ellwood, but Bishops Cleeve Reserves picked up a point at home to Yate Town Reserves.

An excellent game at Greenbank Road Hanham where AEK Boco ran out 4-3 winners over close rivals Chipping Sodbury Town. It was Sodbury who went into the break with a 2-1 lead but an outstanding performance by the home side in the second half turned the game in their favour. The first effort on goal came after 8 minutes with an in-swinging free kick taken by Darren Werrett out on the right that saw George Hale diving at the foot of the post to save. A few minutes later a 25 yard power driver from Liam Crew was deflected around the post for a corner by Hale. Sodbury had their first chance to open the scoring on 24 minutes when home keeper Joe Pople misjudged the flight and Danny Coombes picked the ball up but it was an almost impossible angle to squeeze the ball home and it ran across goal and out for a goal kick. In the 27th minute the visitors went 1-0 up from a long punt up field by keeper Hale that bounced between two home defenders and Sodbury’s James Mackie was quick to react and ran clear to slide the ball past Pople. The home side reacted to that and within 3 minutes they were on level terms and it came from a break down the right flank by Jordan Scott who sent a low cross to the near post and Darren Werrett was there to steer the ball home. On 38 minutes Sodbury were back in front with a move down the left and a shot from Ben Weaver that Pople could only parry with the rebound falling straight to James Mackie to restore the lead.

The home side looked the more determined right from the start of the second half and when they were awarded a free kick 25 yards out on 59 minutes and straight in front of goal no one was expecting anything other than a chip into the box, but Liam Powell had other ideas as he hit his shot over the wall and then saw it dip just under the bar to level the score. A minute later Darren Werrett saw his shot dip towards goal but it just cleared the bar. Sodbury might have gone back in front on 62 minutes but a free kick launched into the box was met by James Mackie but the header went just over. At the other end Jordan Scott went close as the ball was deflected by Hale but a goal kick was given. The home side took the lead on 66 minutes with a superb move down the right by Jordan Scott who cut the ball back for Liam Crewe to strike a 25 yard screamer into the roof of the net. The home side were bubbling and went further ahead six minutes later from a great cross to the far post by Darren Werrett that found Jordan Scott to head past Hale. Sodbury rallied and made it interesting in the 81st minute when Danny Coombes drove the ball into the corner to make it 4-3. The home side responded well and kept the visitors at bay for the remainder of the game.

Kings Stanley found their shooting boots today at Rockleaze Rangers coming away with a convincing 4-1 win. The visitors took the lead from a long punt up field from Ashley Gale which deceived Sam Burgess in the home goal and Sam Prior nipped in to score from 14 yards. A second goal for Stanley 10 minutes later was a mistake by Rangers Theo Coombs that allowed Brad Moore the opportunity to chip the ball over Burgess. James Griffiths brilliantly angled shot in the 73rd minute gave Rangers a lifeline but then Stanley hit the home side with two late goals. Martin McDermott got the third on 88 minutes with a simple tap in and in the first minute of time added substitute Shaun Wager netted a fourth.

Berkeley Town are going to have to start winning soon if they do not want to finish bottom of the pile this season. Their opponents today Ellwood had just come through a very lean spell but went away with the 3 points after Matt Addis netted a brace. Both goals came in the first 30 minutes the opener on 23 minutes when the ball was flicked over the home defence for Addis to run through and score. His second 6 minutes later was an individual goal as he cut into the box before driving a low shot into the net.

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves v Yate Town Reserves, courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves v Yate Town Reserves, courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves v Yate Town Reserves, courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves v Yate Town Reserves, courtesy Peter Langley

Bishops Cleeve Reserves were up against the other Reserve side in the league Yate Town with both sides taking home a point each. An Anton Dowe free kick on 15 minutes completely deceived the home keeper to give Yate the lead. Cleeve levelled on 60 minutes when a header from James Pickup was spilled by the Yate keeper and Adam Gill was on hand to score. Within a minute the visitors were back in front with a very fortunate goal from Joe Guest. Back came the home side in the 80th minute when Gareth Ball headed home to make it 2-2.

Henbury were unlucky to lose this game as it looked as though it would end 1-1. Ben Sandle gave Henbury the lead but Thornbury hit back to level with a goal from Toby Bennett. That all important winner for Thornbury came in the very last minute of the game from Danny Thompson.

Southmead CS Athletic v Hanham Athletic went to the 73rd minute before the deadlock was broken. It was the home side who took the lead when Danny Glancy broke clear down the left cut inside and unleashed an unstoppable 35 yard drive. With time running out it look as though the home side were set for 3 points but Hanham’s Adam Grinter had other ideas as he headed home the equalising goal in the 87th minute.

Top of the table Cheltenham Civil Service were at Patchway Town today and with all the games to make up are finding it tough to retain the top spot after they were held to 0-0 score-line. A very uneventful game was the report with little or no chances created throughout the 90 minutes.

21st March 2015 - Thornbury Town too strong for Bishops Cleeve

Cheltenham Civil Service are just one point clear after they drew at Kings Stanley. Chipping Sodbury Town were out of action today. AEK Boco closed the gap to one point after their home win over Berkeley Town.

Bishops Cleeve Reserves and Berkeley both lost but Ellwood won at home to Southmead CS Athletic.

We took a short trip to Thornbury Town who were hosting Bishops Cleeve Reserves. Thornbury Town won the game 3-1 but dominated the play throughout. The home side were much more forceful than their opponents. Craig Lancastle saw his free kick after 3 minutes just clear the bar and a couple of minutes later Danny Thompson wasted a good chance. The home side almost took the lead after 10 minutes from an in-swinging corner from the left that whipped across goal and struck the Cleeve defender stood on the line before being cleared. Cleeves first attempt on goal was a shot from Giles Elliott after 23 minutes that went wide of the post. The home side took the lead on 33 minutes and it came from another in-swinging corner from the left into a crowded goalmouth and was finally touched home by Nathan Sage. Scott McCleod missed a really good chance on 37 minutes the ball going the wrong side of the post. Right on half time a Danny Haines free kick from the right was headed over by Danny Thompson.

9 Minutes into the second half a high ball sent into the Cleeve box was punched clear by keeper Adam Clark straight to Mark Viner whose cheeky chip over the keepers head dropped onto the top of the net. Thornbury went further ahead on 57 minutes with a goal from Toby Bennett who’s shot from just inside the box found the corner of the net. Craig Lancastles 25 yard drive was well saved by Clark on 65 minutes. Cleeve mustered their second shot at the target on 67 minute when Brad Barnard’s shot went just past the post. The visitor’s had a great chance in the 75th minute when Giles Elliott hit the upright. It was Elliott again after 80 minutes that brought a good save from Lippiatt the keeper saving the ball with his feet. Thornbury’s third goal on 82 minutes came from a great run down the right flank by Danny Thompson and a low cross into the six yard box where substitute Josh Pirie cheekily back heeled the ball into the net. Thornbury were caught out two minutes later when Elliott at last got the ball into the net for the visitors the shot striking the inside of the post on its way in. The home side lost their concentration and Lippiatt had to be at his best to prevent a second goal for the visitors near the end diving full length to push the ball out for a corner.

The game at Kings Stanley ended all square but the visitors Cheltenham Civil Service snatched a point late in the game to preserve their drive towards the title. Stanley got of to a great start in the 16th minute when Tom Pass hit a free kick from 45 yards that completely deceived the visitor’s keeper and sailed into the net. Jake Davies missed a great chance to put the home side two up before the break. Cheltenham levelled the score in the 78th minute when the home side failed to pick up Stuart Mitchinson on the far post. With just 5 minutes left Matt Green was clear on goal for Stanley but then shot wide. In the last minute another free kick from Tom Pass also went just wide of the post.

Patchway Town eased their relegation worries with a 1-0 win at Kingswood. The visitors had the best chances in the first 45 minutes with Matt Davies chipping the home keeper but the ball struck the crossbar and Phil Vice hit the upright. Kingswood were reduced to 10 men on 65 minutes when Ben Vale was dismissed for a second yellow card and 2 minutes later Patchway took the lead when Rafael Waugh chested down a cross into the box before driving the ball home. Patchway were also down to 10 men on 85 minutes when Phil Vice was dismissed for a bad tackle.

Gala Wilton came away from Hanham Athletic with 3 points and a 5-2 win despite playing 46 minutes without their keeper who was sent off a minute before the break. Adam Grinter gave the home side the lead after 5 minutes with a simple tap in. Just 3 minutes later Gala drew level with a goal from Shaun Bennett. Ryan Phillips put the home side back in front on 15 minutes then came the sending off on 44 minutes, but within a minute Gala levelled when Dave Wilkinson scrambled the ball home. Lee Allen broke through the home defence to put Gala 3-2 up on the hour and then 5 minutes later Dave Wilkinson got a second to put the visitors 4-2 in the lead. A second Lee Allen goal on 75 minutes made the final score 5-2 to Gala.

Frampton United took the points in a 3-1 win at home to Henbury. Chris Fower went close early on for the home side and eventually opened the scoring in the 41st minute when Nathan Dennis fired home from the edge of the box. Henbury levelled a minute before the break from the penalty spot after Adam Cox was adjudged to have handled it was left to Jack Mills to find the back of the Frampton net. 2 minutes into the second half Joe Wilton turned in Kris Bulley’s cross to put the home side 2-1 up. The final goal in the 89th minute came from a Kris Bully 40 yard punt at goal that caught the visitor’s keeper of his line and back pedalling to try and prevent it going in.

A win for Ellwood at last. After suffering 10 straight defeats today’s 3-0 win was a welcomed relief after dropping down the table over the weeks. Two goals from Darryl Addis on 29 and 31 minutes gave the home side a great start. Southmead CS Athletic then had their keeper sent off on 75 minutes and the home side capitalised with a third goal in the 85th minute from Ryan Pendry.

AEK Boco find themselves with an outside chance of the title after picking up another 3 points at home to basement Club Berkeley Town. A set piece after 10 minutes led to a corner for Berkeley which was duly headed in by Rich Reece for the visitors. The equaliser came from a corner on 30 minutes with Danny Brister heading home. 10 minutes later Darren Werrett was bought down by Ricky Sealey who received a red card for the foul. Jordan Scott then dispatched the ensuing penalty to give the home side the win.

Yate Town Reserves and Rockleaze Rangers share a point apiece but neither side could find the back of the net, so for the second week running Rangers have been involved in a goalless scoreline.

18thMarch 2015 - Gloucestershire County League 7 Somerset County League 1

Report Courtesy Simon Parkinson

CLINICAL Craig Lancastle and his Gloucestershire County League comrades were in explosive form as they comprehensively swept aside Somerset County League 7-1 in Wednesday night’s enjoyable representative spectacle in Almondsbury.

The match was staged in front of a good-sized crowd on the 3G pitch at the Gloucestershire FA’s revamped football centre and was utilised as valuable match practise for both teams ahead of next month’s preliminary round fixtures in this year’s national FA Inter-League Cup tournament for Step 7 clubs.

Gloucestershire have been drawn at home to Dorset League on Saturday, April 11 at the home of Tytherington Rocks (3pm), while Somerset travel to take on Devon and Exeter League on Saturday, April 25 (3pm) at Elmore FC’s Tiverton-based HQ.

The midweek outcome was hardly the ideal spur for Wrington Redhill supremo Smith and his Somerset charges, although he stressed: “We did have three or four senior players absent so it was a predominantly young team playing together for the first time, and the scoreline really didn’t reflect the game.

“Yes, we were naïve at times defensively, but we played with pace and certainly created as many chances as they did; it was just that Gloucestershire were that much more clinical in front of goal.”

And that they were, despite an evenly-contested first half in the main, as Somerset were suddenly hit by a three-goal flurry from their sure-shot opponents around the midway point of the period through two unerring Gary Simmons’ strikes and the impressive Dhani Golding’s clever back-heel into the net, both of whom were afforded far too much room and time to get their finishes away.

Far from outplayed in the opening period, Somerset had their moments too and the busy Charlie Wilson teed up two chances, one leading to Bishops Lydeard team-mate Jack Adams scampering down the left to drive a dangerous ball flat across goal, which evaded everyone inside the box, and another for Watchet Town’s Zac Ryder, whose powerful attempt was well beaten away by Joe Pople.

Gloucestershire had begun the brighter and Danny Coombes fastened on to some more wobbly defending as a long punt forward found its way to him bearing down on goal, but his effort flew into the side netting, while the dangerous Dhani Golding at the back stick was a whisker away from connecting with Simmons’ deep delivery.

Even after inexplicably finding themselves three-adrift, Smith’s men kept trying and Shirehampton’s Ciaran Greening was dismayed to see his dipping effort headed away from underneath the crossbar by an alert defender.

Somerset were given a lifeline at the start of the second half when substitute Matt Connick was unceremoniously upended by Jack Baber inside the box before finishing with some aplomb from the penalty spot.

But they were soon facing an uphill struggle once more as Gloucestershire, managed by Chipping Sodbury Town’s ambitious boss Karl Reese, netted twice more by the 58th-minute mark to lead 5-1, both through Thornbury Town’s exciting forward Lancastle.

The substitute flew out of the blocks as the ball fell loose to him a little inside Somerset territory, before weaving his way in and out of dazzled defenders with a thrilling solo run and then drilling it low past the visitors’ second-half keeper Gary Clarke.

Seven minutes later Lancastle, left in acres of space, was perfectly placed to guide home from close in Kieron Golding’s lofted ball in from the right.

Once more Somerset did their best to respond. Adams’ curling free-kick was tame and comfortable for the hosts’ second-half custodian Tim Griffiths, while Connick’s rasping angled volley was brilliantly turned away by the same leaping Cheltenham Civil Service shot-stopper.

But the Gloucestershire juggernaut continued to roll on relentlessly and they wrapped up an emphatic win with a rising edge-of-the-box rocket by Dhani Golding into the far corner of the net from Lancastle’s astute lay-off, before the lethal Lancastle added a seventh with a simple header into an empty net for his hat-trick goal from Simon Clarke’s right-sided cross.

Their encouraged manager Reese said of the performance: “I was really pleased. We were slow to start with but we grew stronger as we went along and were quite dominant in the end.

“We’re building up nicely to that Dorset game on April 11 and we’ll go into it confident. The individual performances on the night have certainly given me a selection headache.”

Gloucestershire County League: Joe Pople (AEK Boco), Kieron Golding (Bristol Telephones), Jack Baber (Hanham Ath), Teejay Bick (C, Cheltenham CS), Mike Beacham (Chipping Sodbury), Charlie Stevens (AEK Boco), Sam Jenkins (Chipping Sodbury), Simon Clarke (Kingswood), Danny Coombes (Chipping Sodbury), Dhani Golding (Bristol Telephones), Gary Simmons (Kingswood), Aaron Day (Rockleaze Rangers), Tim Griffiths (Cheltenham CS), Phil Vice (Patchway Town), Andrew Roberts (Kings Stanley), Craig Lancastle (Thornbury Town).

Somerset County League: Josh Hayward (Bridgwater Res), Gary Clarke (Wrington Redhill), Sam Krug (Clutton), Jack Adams (Bishops Lydeard), Ciaran Greening (Shirehampton), Callum Laird (Bridgwater Res), Charlie Wilson (Bishops Lydeard), James Springett (Nailsea Utd), Dan Spicer (Shirehampton), Jack Taylor (Berrow), Zac Ryder (Watchet Town), Adam Bell (Nailsea Utd), Matt Connick (Bridgwater Res), Connor O’Neil (Bridgwater Res), Harry Horton (Bridgwater Res), Josh Gibbs (Yatton), Matt Long (Nailsea Utd).

Referee: Mike Rogers

14thMarch 2015 - Bristol Telephones ring up ton of goals

Chipping Sodbury Town hammered Berkeley Town to go level on points with leaders Cheltenham Civil Service who were held to a draw at Rockleaze Rangers. AEK Boco move into third place after their win over Kings Stanley.

Bristol Telephones 6-1 win at home to Ellwood saw the Club pass the 100 goal mark for the season and are currently boasting 105 goals scored this season and still three games left to play. Dhani Golding prodded the ball forward to Kyren Hunt to put phones 1-0 up after 7 minutes. Leading goalscorer Dhani Golding then made it 2-0 on 25 minutes when he was put clear by Martin Blacker to round the keeper and slide the ball home. Ellwood got themselves back in the game on 40 minutes with a quickly taken free kick, Matt Addis’s strike was to strong for home keeper Matt Hooker who got his hands to the ball but could not stop it going in. A minute later Ellwood struck the crossbar but the rebound was cleared. Right on half time Phones got a third goal when Golding headed the ball back across goal for Aaron McQuaid to score. 5 minutes into the second half the home side went further ahead with a 30 yard screamer from Luke Palmer. Aaron McQuaid ran clear of the visitors defence to chip the ball over the keeper for a 5-1 lead. Phones rounded of a very miserable day for Ellwood in the 80th minute when Dhani Golding was put clear to round the keeper for number six. This defeat has left Ellwood third from bottom and with out a win in nine games.

A disastrous day for bottom Club Berkeley Town Who were hammered 6-0 by promotion contenders Chipping Sodbury Town. James Mackie returned to his former Club and opened the scoring on 17 minutes and then put Sodbury 2-0 up 2 minutes later. A third goal from Josh Cann on 26 minutes gave the visitors a 3-0 lead at the break. Three further goals in the last 15 minutes really hammered the nail in the coffin for the home side. Liam Barrett made it 4-0 on 75 minutes then a double strike from Ollie Clark on 85 and 87 minutes brought the final score to six.

a 1-0 win by Patchway Town over Yate Town Reserves lifted them up two places in the table. The only goal of the game came in the 43rd minute when Ashley Hawkins sent new signing Rafael Waugh clear to chip the ball over the Yate keeper. Town were guilty of missed chances with Matt Davies and Mitch Brooks the culprits. A brilliant save by the Yate keeper Ben Reed from a point blank shot from Matt Davies late in the game kept the score to just the one goal. Yate did get the ball in the net late on but the cross in to the box was adjudged to have gone out of play.

AEK Boco are gradually creeping up the table and are currently lying in third place after their 3-1 over Kings Stanley. The home side started well with a close effort by Jordan Scott in the fifteenth minute which was brilliantly saved by the visiting keeper. Five minutes later the visitors took the lead against the run of play with a breakaway goal scored by Ben Jones on 20 minutes. An equaliser came 5 minutes later with a well worked goal confidently put away by Danny Brister. The second half started where the first half finished with the home side pressing constantly for a second goal and in the 67th minute it came when James Laver was bought down in the box by the visiting keeper and the referee had no hesitation awarding a penalty which was scored by Charlie Stevens who coolly sent the keeper the wrong way. The final goal came in the 75th minute with a well worked corner that was headed in at the near post by James Laver. Jordan Scott came close in the dying minutes rattling the upright with a well hit shot but Boco took the points with a well deserved win.

Henbury soundly defeated Hanham Athletic 4-0 the opening goal on 15 minutes was a header from Aaron Anglin. They went 2-0 up on 25 minutes with a penalty after a handling incident in the box - Jack Mills coolly slotted the ball home from the spot. Just before the break Kane Simpson netted a third from 12 yards. The forth goal on 80 minutes came from a through ball to Bradley Lloyd and he slotted the ball past the keeper.

Greg Artus gave Gala Wilton the lead with a fine shot on 27 minutes and Matt Mason made it 2-0 at the break with a headed goal. Thornbury Town whose form of late has been very good of late will be disappointed with this result after they did pull a goal back through Josh Pirie in the 85th minute but too late to get anything from the game.

Southmead CS Athletic picked up a valuable point at home to Frampton United in a 1-1 draw. Matt Cook gave the visitors the lead on 14 minutes but with just 6 minutes to go Luke Coghlan popped up to level the score.

Rockleaze Rangers v Cheltenham Civil Service looked a good match to go and watch but it turned out to be a goalless draw with both forward lines unable to break through very stubborn defences. Rangers had much more of the ball in the first 45 minutes and had several shots on target but nothing to trouble Tim Griffiths in the visitor’s goal. At the other end Rangers keeper Sam Burgess never had a shot to deal with in the first 45 minutes and the only chance created by the visitors came a minute before the break when Mark Jones‘s shot from the edge of the box slipped past the post.

At the start of the second half Paul Holmes hit the target with a fierce shot but it went straight to Burgess. Cheltenhams leading goalscorer Jack Sklenar who has been carrying an injury was introduced 17 minutes into the second half to try and pep up the visitors game. He was involved with the visitor’s best chance in the 73rd minute when he found himself in front of goal and would normally have shot but laid the ball off for Paul Holmes but over hit his pass and Holmes final shot went well wide of the target. Rangers almost snatched the points on 87 minutes when Alex Fox had a clear shot on goal but Tim Griffiths got down well to save.

7thMarch 2015 - Thornbury Town progress to League Cup Final

Cheltenham Civil Service are back on top after their win over Patchway Town.

Chipping Sodbury Town drop to second after their home defeat by AEK Boco.

At the bottom both Berkeley Town and Bishops Cleeve win whilst Ellwood and Patchway lose.

Our travels today took us to Kings Stanley who were hosting Thornbury Town in the Semi-final of the Les James League Cup. Thornbury Town came out on top and will meet Cheltenham Civil Service in the final on the 10th May. The home side got off to a fantastic start going 1-0 up after 53 seconds. A break down the left and a great cross field ball found Brad Moore completely unmarked on the far post and he drove the ball past Lippiatt. There was a strong wind blowing down the pitch during the game but Stanley who were kick against it were coping nicely in the opening minutes. Jake Davies went close to making it 2-0 on 3 minutes but his shot went into the side netting. Thornbury’s first chance on goal came on 8 minutes after Lippiatt pumped a long ball down field that found Craig Lancastle but he fired his shot over the bar from the edge of the box. Thorns drew level on 11 minutes from a good cross from the right that was headed back by Pete Fowler for Lancastle to drive a half volley from just outside the box across Ashley Gale the keeper managed to get his fingers to the ball but it had too much pace to prevent it going in. Thorns started to play really well after this and Stanley gave away a free kick 35 yards out on the right of the box which Lancastle took and hit a venomous shot that Gale did really well to save. On 27 minutes the home side were under pressure and gave away another free kick in almost an identical place to the previous one. Again Lancastle struck the ball really hard and low, but once again Gale managed to keep it out of his net. Thorns were playing the better football and Mark Viner went close with a header from a cross into the box. Thornbury took the lead on 40 minutes with another good goal, this time Lancastle cut across the box before laying it off to Scott McCleod to drive a fierce shot past Gale. Right on half time Stanley had a half chance but Ben Jones lifted the ball over the bar.

  • Kings Stanley V Thornbury Town, courtesy Peter Langley

  • Kings Stanley V Thornbury Town, courtesy Peter Langley

  • Kings Stanley V Thornbury Town, courtesy Peter Langley

  • Kings Stanley V Thornbury Town, courtesy Peter Langley

Stanley had the wind with them in the second half and pushed the visitors right from the off. Andy Roberts might have done a little better with a Sam Prior free kick but hit his shot straight at Lippiatt. Then a Tom Pass cross from the left went begging as it sped across the 6 yards box. It was 26 minutes into the second half before Gale was called up on to save from Joe Guest. Although a further goal looked unlikely in the 82nd minute a ball up to Danny Haines on the left saw a superb pass to Craig Lancastle who sped clear of the home defence dinked the ball around Gale before running the ball home. A couple of minutes from the end the home side got the ball into the net but the ball had crossed the line on its way over. In time added Stanley’s Ryan Stevenson saw his goal-bound shot flipped over the bar by Lippiatt.

Cheltenham Civil Service are back on the top of the table with a 2-0 win over lowly Patchway Town. Patchway made it easier for the home side when they had a player dismissed for a professional foul in the 13th minute. Even though the visitors were down to ten men the home side made heavy going of the situation but took the lead in the 27th minute when Paul Holmes scored. Stuart Midwinter was guilty of missing an easy chance to make it 2-0 before Cameron Smith got a second on 75 minutes a tremendous shot into the top corner to give them the 3 points.

Chipping Sodbury Town are finding it tough to maintain their position near the top after going down 2-1 at home to AEK Boco. Although play was fairly even in the first 45 minutes it was the visitors who went into the break with a 1-0 lead after Liam Powell had curled the ball around the wall from a free kick in the 28th minute. James Mackie was unlucky when he hit the cross bar from 30 yards that would have put the score level. Sodbury did level the score on 61 minutes when Danny Coombes drove the ball into the bottom corner from 20 yards. Boco snatched the 3 points on 72 minute when a shot from Danny Brister took a deflection before ending up in the Sodbury net.

Bristol Telephones came away from Frampton United with a 3-0 victory but the home side were disappointed when they had a goal disallowed on 16 minutes after a Stuart Maule cross was turned in by Redford Hogben but he was in an offside position. The visitors went one up on 22 minutes when Mike Grist scrambled the ball home. Leading Goal scorer Dhani Golding made it 2-0 on 29 minutes and could have scored again from the penalty spot on 34 minutes but his spot kick was well saved by keeper Scott Gearon. Phones wrapped the points up in the 75th minute with a third goal from Charlie Alden

Ellwood are still on the slide down the table after being defeated 3-1 at home by basement Club Berkeley Town. Berkeley went ahead after 15 minutes when Mike Reece scored from a free kick. Darryl Addis then set up his brother Matt Addis to level the score on 23 minutes. A Pete Lavis penalty on 65 minutes put Berkeley back in front and a third goal from Thomas Lamonby in the 80th minute gave Town their 4th win of the season.

A battle of the two Reserve teams in the league as Bishops Cleeve were the visitors at Yate Town today. The visitors got off to a flying start going 2-0 up after just 5 minutes. Brad Barnard got the opening goal on 2 minutes when he was left unmarked on the far post. Charlie Elliott won the ball of the Yate keeper to score a second for Cleeve after 5 minutes. Yate who had quite a few changes to their line up settle down but there was only 5 minutes left to play when they finally pulled a goal back when Shaun Keet scored from the penalty spot. This win lifts Bishops Cleeve out of the bottom two.

The report from Hanham Athletic was not good as the home side had their worst game of the season and lost out 1-0 to Southmead CS Athletic who finished the game with 8 players. The only goal of the game came in the 65th minute when a speculative shot from long range completely deceived the Hanham keeper as it went over his head into the net. Even against 8 players the home side were unable to produce a goal.

A stalemate at Kingswood where Gala Wilton were the visitors. Neither side being able to muster a goal in 90 minutes of play.