league logo

MARCLIFF Gloucestershire County Football League

sponsor logo

Ron's Match Reports

31st October 2015 - Addis strikes as Ellwood defeat Southmead

AEK Boco open up a seven point gap at the top after Broadwell Amateurs and Henbury lost at Frampton United and Bishops Cleeve Reserves. No change at the bottom as both Kingswood and Cheltenham Civil Service lost again.

Ellwood moved up the table several places with a 3-1 win over Southmead CS Athletic. An outstanding performance from Ellwood striker Matt Addis scoring all three goals and having several more efforts on target that were saved by Southmead’s keeper Jordan Schofield. Addis gave the home side the lead on 8 minutes from a long ball out of defence that was headed into space by Darryl Addis allowing Matt to run clear and slide the ball home. The visitor’s first effort on 21 minutes was a 25 yard free kick taken by Sonny Williamson that just cleared the crossbar. Southmead were caught out again on 34 minutes this time it was Ellwood’s keeper Scott Tyler who pumped the ball long into the visitors defence and Matt Addis cut between to defenders to lift the ball over the keeper for a 2-0 lead. A minute later a rasping 30 yards shot from Matt Knowles saw the visitor’s keeper taking the ball well above his head to prevent it going in. Addis almost got a third on 37 minutes but his shot was smothered by Schofield and cleared.

Southmead started the second half well and within 2 minutes they had pulled the score back to 2-1. They were awarded a free kick 22 yards out and Korahn Gayle curled a low ball around the wall hitting the bottom right corner and keeper Tyler got his hands to it but it crept over the line. The visitors almost got a second on 56 minutes and only a desperate clearance from Mike Nelson which almost went into his own net save the day. Schofield then brought off a great save to deny Darryl Addis before a dreadful mistake in the Southmead defence allowed Matt Addis to pick up a loose ball slip around the keeper before sliding the ball into an empty net. The home side looked the more likely to score again and Schofield saved yet again from Matt Addis to deny him a fourth. Southmead’s last chance on 78 minutes was a good effort from Gayle a shot from the edge of the box that just cleared the bar.

Thornbury Town are in third place in the table after a convincing 4-1 home win over Bristol Telephones. It was the visitors who got off to a great start when Dhani Golding rounded Lippiatt in the 6th minute for a 1-0 lead. In the 36th minute Thornbury levelled the score when Danny Thompson’s cross was turned in by Craig Lancastle. This was the start of a combination that was to produce two more goals for Lancastle and complete his third hat-trick of the season. Lancastle gave town the lead on 54 minute when Thompson squared the ball back for number two. Telephones had a great chance to level the score on 58 minutes after Joe Guest was penalised for handball in the box but Alex Lippiatt brought off a great save from the spot kick. Things got worse for the visitor’s in the 78th minute when their keeper Aaron Greatbanks was sent off for a second bookable offence. In the 80th minute Lancastle completed his hat-trick the same combination Thompson to Lancastle goal. Town made it four on 85 minutes when Danny Haines crossed to the far post where Nathan Irwin was waiting to head home.

An eight goal thriller at Gala Wilton where Yate Town Reserves came back from a 2-1 deficit to draw 4-4. An Adam Hemming free kick on 10 minutes put the home side 1-0 up and 5 minutes later Hemming made it 2-0 when he headed home at the far post. Jason Rees pulled one back for Yate on 48 minutes but Kyle Bakewell fired a low shot across the keeper to make it 3-1 to the home side. Mike Alvis netted a second for Yate but Dave Wilkinson’s header gave the home side a two goal lead. Kieran Balde made it 4-3 and in the 85th minute Mike Alvis netted a fourth for the visitors to gain a point.

Another good result for the league leaders coming away with 4-0 victory over bottom club Kingswood. Boco got off to a flying start taking the lead after just 17 seconds when Jordan Scott headed home. Disaster for Kingswood on 6 minutes when Joe Compton turned a cross into the box into his own net. Within 12 minutes Boco were three up when Charlie Stevens jinked around a home defender before driving the ball home from just inside the box. No further scoring in the first 45 minutes and Kingswood started to play in the second half and missed chances from Gary Simmons Joe Blakeney and James Evans cost them dearly as a Boco netted a fourth from a break away on 87 minutes Alex Patterson getting on the score sheet.

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V Henbury, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V Henbury, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V Henbury, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V Henbury, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V Henbury, Courtesy Peter Langley

A shock for Henbury as they were beaten 1-0 by Bishops Cleeve Reserves who have improved their side this season and are doing very well at present. Cleeve took the lead on 25 minutes when Lewis Hitchman turned in a low cross. The Cleeve keeper Eric Edge kept the home side in the game with a brilliant save in the 35th minute. Matt MaGee had a great chance to put Cleeve further in front on 65 minutes but his shot was well saved. 10 minutes from the end Edge pulled off the save of the afternoon to deny Henbury an equalising goal.

A single goal on 6 minutes from Jordan Connor gave Rockleaze Rangers the three points. Hanham had a great chance to level on 23 minutes from the penalty spot but Sam Burgess brought off a great save to deny Jack Baber.

Frampton United halted Broadwell Amateurs good run with a 2-0 victory at the Bell Field. A double from Matt Cook was the order of the day. His first came after 26 minute from a Myron Turner pass that Cook smashed into the net. Ten minutes later it was 2-0 after Cook had been pushed in the box he coolly slotted the ball home from the penalty spot. Gabriel almost pulled a goal back for the visitors but his header was just wide. Wilton almost made it 3-0 but the effort was just wide. Broadwell’s Craig Tait cleared off the line from a Nathan Barnett shot and Myron Turner was unlucky when he latched onto a back pass. An excellent result for the home side considering Broadwell’s recent form.

A comfortable 4-1 victory for Patchway Town over Cheltenham Civil Service. Town got off to a flying start and went 1-0 up on 5 minutes Chris Church glancing his header past the keeper from a Jordan Yeo cross. Cheltenham then had a slice of luck when Patchway’s Matt Webb turned the ball past his own keeper to level the score. Within 3 minutes town were ahead as Rayon McLean threaded his way past several defenders to score. The visitors went down to ten men on 52 minutes. Matt Davies then set up Chris Church for his second on 75 minutes and Mitchell Brooks made it four in time added after Chris Church slid the ball across to him when he might have scored himself.

24th October 2015 - Frampton take points at Kingswood

Just four league games today as the other four fixtures would determine who would be in the Semi-finals of the Les James League Cup.

AEK Boco remain top with a win at home to Ellwood and Broadwell Amateurs move in to second with a resounding win over Southmead CS Athletic. The bottom two Clubs lost again.

The first wet Saturday of the season took us to Kingswood the only Club that had cover to shelter from the rain. Kingswood are really struggling at present and came up against a very well organised side in Frampton United who have a very good understanding and play some very good football. Frampton were a little lucky to take the lead on 8 minutes when a cross from the left by Matt Cook found Myron Turner who’s first shot was blocked by keeper Chris Fox but Turner followed up and managed to squeeze the ball in at the second attempt. on 18 minutes Tom Higgins let fly from 30 yards and saw Frampton keeper James Marklove fumble the shot but there was nobody following up to make it count. Kingswood settle down and started to push forward a lot more and were doing quite well until the 35th minute when a handball incident in the home box by Tom Higgins saw the striker sent off. Matt Cook stepped up to take the penalty and hit it so hard that Fox never stood a chance. Frampton should have scored a third right on half time as Matt Cook broke down the left squared the ball back for Myron Turner but he shot wide.

5 minutes into the second half Fox brought off a great save to deny Joe Wilton and Adam Cox was just wide from the edge of the box. Frampton made it 3-0 on 54 mintes from a cross that came in from the left and a glancing header from Dan Huxstep beat Fox striking the post on its way in. it was 4-0 after 61 minutes again a long cross from the left found Joe Wilton and his header back across goal was volleyed home by Myron Turner. Kingswood’s Gary Simmons got his shot on target from the edge of the box but it went straight to Marklove. In the end a comfortable win for the visitors.

AEK Boco still lead the table after their 4-1 win at home to Ellwood. Jason Thatcher opened the scoring on 18 minutes when he volleyed home from 25 yards. Boco went 2-0 up on 35 minutes when a 20 yard drive from Jordan Scott was misjudged by the Ellwood keeper and finished up in the back of the net. A fantastic looping 25 yard volley from Darryl Addis got the visitors back in the game but a diving header from Jason Thatcher on 50 minutes gave the home side that two goal cushion. Alex Paterson nailed the three points for the home side when he headed home on 80 minutes.

Broadwell Amateurs ran riot in the second half of their home game with Southmead CS Athletic. The first half had belonged to Southmead who dominated even though they fell behind in the 13th minute against the run of play when Derek Roberts hit the top corner from the edge of the box. It was a different story in the second half and the home side took control with Ross Gabriel netting 4 goals and a second from Derek Roberts and finally an own goal sealed the visitors fate. Credit must go to the visitors for the effort they put in even though they were up against it for most of the second half.

Cheltenham Civil Service mini run of success came to an end when they were beaten 2-1 at home by Hanham Athletic. Craig Stone gave the visitors the lead followed by a second from Matt Vickery. Glen Wilson pulled one back for the home side but it was not enough.

Les James League Cup - Sponsored by Boca Teamwear

We have two teams from the North of the County and two from the South into the Semi finals after today’s results.

Hardwicke are through after a 2-1 win at Bristol Telephones. The home side almost took the lead with a snap shot from Ryan Hicks went just wide of the post after 10 minutes. It was Hardwicke who took the lead on 18 minutes after they had forced several corners Paul Carter headed home. In the 55th minute the visitors went 2-0 up again from a corner and this time it was Will Matthews heading home. Dhani Golding gave the home side a chance in the 67th minute after his first effort was handled in the box Golding made no mistake from the spot. Although Telephones had much more of the possession for the rest of the game they could not find another goal.

Rockleaze Rangers progress into the semi-final winning 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw at Patchway Town. Patchway took the lead on 32 minutes when Blaine Mitchell’s shot took a deflection and looped over Burgess. James Fitzpatrick levelled the score on 38 minutes turning home a cross from close in. Patchway retook the lead on 47 minutes from a cross that fell nicely for Brandon Benjamin to slot home. Rangers hit back on 68 minutes when Fitzpatrick again turned in across from close range. Both sides were unable to find the winner and it went to a penalty shot out. Patchway’s Chris Church and Phil Vice both had their penalties saved by Sam Burgess allowing Rangers to progress to the semi-final.

Thornbury Town last years winners have again reached the Semi-final after a 2-1 win over Henbury. The game started really well for the home side with Luke Franklin chipping the keeper after just 27 seconds after receiving a long ball over the Henbury defence. The visitors drew level on 22 minutes when Reece Purnell drove his shot into the bottom corner from 25 yards. Within a minute Thornbury were back in front when Craig Lancastle set up Nathan Irwin to score. There were no further goals in the second half but both sides finished the game with 10 players as first Thornbury’s Scott McLeod received a straight red card in the 70th minute and Reece Purnell was sent off in the 85th minute for Henbury after picking up a second yellow card.

Gala Wilton are through after a thrilling game against local rivals Bishops Cleeve Reserves. Gala Wilton opened the scoring when Ben Jones sent over a cross to the far post for Adam Hemming to slot the ball home. Cleeve hit back on 25 minutes with Giles Elliott turning the ball home at the near post. Gala retook the lead in the 44th minute when Alex Pritchard and Ben Jones combined to get a cross into Matt Smith to curl the ball past the Cleeve keeper. The home side went further ahead on 55 minutes when Karl Bakewell headed home a cross from the right. With 15 minute left Cleeve got a second with Mark MaGee heading home from a corner. It was a tense last 15 minutes but the home side held on to reach the Semi-final.

17th October 2015 - Harris strike wins it for Hardwicke

AEK Boco lost their undefeated record at Patchway Town. Henbury close the gap to five points and have two games in hand and Thornbury Town move into third place with a win at Ellwood.

Our first visit to Hardwicke since they were elected to the league with the visitors Yate Town Reserves arriving on the back of an excellent win last week. All though there were no goals in the first 45 minutes there were chances created by both sides with the home side unlucky with a couple of theirs. It was Yate who created the first real effort on goal on 7 minutes when a rasping free kick from James Kenway from wide on the right almost caught the Hardwicke keeper Jermaine Hunt by surprise he just managed to fist the ball out for a corner. Steve Bick’s shot on 14 minutes was well saved by visitor’s keeper Ben Read the rebound landing at the feet of Jamie Reeve but he pulled his shot wide of the post. Hardwicke almost took the lead from a free kick on 20 minutes but some how the ball was cleared off the line when it looked a certain goal. Hunt then brought off a very good save from Yates Mike Alvis and at the other end Read saved well from Paul Carter. Just before the break a Carter cross to the far post was met by Bick but he could not keep his header down and it went over the bar. A minute later Bick had to leave the field after receiving a heavy blow to the head from keeper Read’s clearance.

Hardwicke brought on Craig Harris for the injured Bick at the start of the second half and within 2 minutes he latched onto a long ball pumped into the Yate box slipped behind the defence and slotted the ball past Reed. Yate were really unlucky 5 minutes into the second half when they were given a free kick midway in the Hardwicke half on the left and Tom Backx sent over a long ball to the far side that beat everyone but crashed against the bar and was cleared. Yate did their best to get back into this game but they were up against a very stubborn defence. Alvis had a great shot from the edge of the box that just cleared the bar and Jamal Fisher had his shot on target deflected for a corner.

Patchway Town ended their losing streak with an excellent 2-1 win against undefeated league leaders AEK Boco at Scott Park. A brace from Matt Davies gave the home side the three points. Davies gave Patchway the lead on 10 minutes after Rayon McLean set off on a dazzling run before threading the ball through to Davies to drive the ball into the bottom corner. On 60 minutes Davies was put clear on goal and coolly slotted the ball home for a 2-0 lead. Just 2 minutes later Boco pulled a goal back when Jordan Scott rose above everyone to head home. Davies had a great chance to score a third on 70 minutes but although clear on goal he failed to beat the keeper.

Thornbury Town are going well at present and followed up their success last Saturday with a 2-1 win at Ellwood. Opening exchanges were equal but on 35 minutes Ellwood’s Player Manager Chris Addis was sent off. Thornbury were unable to take advantage of this until time added at the end of the first half when Tom Webb scored from the penalty spot. Matt Addis gave the home side some hope when he scored to make it 1-1 on 80 minutes but further disaster for Ellwood who finished with nine players when Matt Jackson was sent off on 89 minutes. There were 5 added minutes and Thornbury’s Joe Guest scored the winner to give Thornbury the three points.

Henbury continue with their good form with a 3-1 win at Bristol Telephones. Scott Thomas gave Henbury the lead on 12 minutes turning a low cross from a free kick. Dhani Goulding almost levelled on 30 minutes but the ball was cleared off the line. On 37 minutes the home side drew level with a goal from Billy Downes with a shot from the edge of the box. A mistake by a home defender in the 75th minute let Reece Purnell through to lift the ball over the keeper for a 2-1 lead to Henbury. In time added Henbury made it 3-1 when Aaron Anglin latched onto a long ball before driving the ball home at the near post.

  • Cheltenham Civil Service V Southmead CS Athletic, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Cheltenham Civil Service V Southmead CS Athletic, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Cheltenham Civil Service V Southmead CS Athletic, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Cheltenham Civil Service V Southmead CS Athletic, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Cheltenham Civil Service V Southmead CS Athletic, Courtesy Peter Langley

Cheltenham Civil Service gained their third draw in a row with a 1-1 scoreline at home to Southmead CS Athletic. The visitors took the lead on 55 minutes through Adam Philips - but a 30 yard free kick from Ben McGuire on 80 minutes gave the home side a well earned point.

Hanham Athletic are struggling at present and suffered another defeat this time at the hands of today’s visitors Frampton United. A volley from Myron Turner on 23 minutes put the visitors one up and a second from Nathan Dennis on 32 minutes saw the visitors go into the break with a 2-0 lead. Matt Cook made sure of the three points when he scored a third on 70 minutes.

Gala Wilton scored three second half goals against Rockleaze Rangers without reply. Mark Mason headed Gala into the lead on 60 minutes and Kyle Bakewell netted a second on 80 minutes after a goalmouth scramble. Right on time Craig Howell was brought down in the box and Adam Hemming netted from the penalty spot.

10th October 2015 - Thornbury outclass Kingswood

AEK Boco’s win at Bishops Cleeve sends them 8 points clear at the top. Thornbury Town and Rockleaze Rangers move into the top five after both recorded home wins today.

The game at the Mundy Playing Fields saw Thornbury Town win this game handsomely by four goals to one. The home side were much the better side throughout and played some very good football with a slick passing game that saw the visitors having to defend for long periods. Kingswood who are propping up the table started really well although it was the home side who should have taken the lead on 5 minutes as left fullback Tom Webb broke clear down the left and sent in across straight to Luke Franklin but some how Franklin skewed his header wide from six yards. Kingswood’s first effort came from Josh Stokes but it sailed over the bar. Kingswood keeper Chris Fox had to be at his best to save a 30 yard shot from Nathan Irwin that the keeper grabbed at the second attempt. Kingswood gave away a penalty in the 17th minute and it was down to Craig Lancastle to take the kick but Fox guest right and brought off a great save to deny the home side taking the lead. Just 2 minutes later Kingswood scored from a long ball over the home defence that allowed Frank Hitchings to run onto the ball and slot it past Lippiatt. That lead lasted just 1 minute as Luke Franklin powered a 30 yard drive past Fox. Lancastle missed a golden opportunity when his shot from 8 yards was saved by Fox. The home side took the lead on 32 minutes from a break down the right and then a scramble in the box before Nathan Irwin finally stabbed the ball home. Two goals in the 44th and 45th minute saw the home side well in command. The first a shot that took a deflection and fell to Nathan Irwin to score from 6 yards and the second came from Luke Franklin who made space on the edge of the box before firing past Fox.

The second half Thornbury just controlled the game and had numerous shots at goal most of which were off target and several that had Fox diving to keep the score down. Kingswood never really posed any threat to the home side and had just one shot on target in the second half.

AEK Boco have opened up an 8 point gap at the top but have played a couple of games more than second place Henbury. The visit to Bishops Cleeve today saw them retain their unbeaten start to the season with a 2-1 win. Darren Werrett gave Boco the lead on 7 minutes when he scored from close range. The second from Boco came in the 58th minute when Cleeve failed to clear the ball out of their area and Liam Crewe lobbed the ball over the keeper. Cleeve did manage a consolation goal in the 89th minute when Rob Reid turned the ball in from a corner.

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V AEK Boco, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V AEK Boco, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V AEK Boco, Courtesy Peter Langley

  • Bishops Cleeve Reserves V AEK Boco, Courtesy Peter Langley

Rockleaze Rangers bounced back from last weeks defeat with a 4-1 win over today’s visitors Ellwood. Ellwood took the lead on 14 minutes when Matt Addis drove forward from 40 yards before slotting the ball home from the edge of the box. Rangers levelled on 29 minutes from a close range effort from Ieuan Crowe. Rangers then took the lead on 50 minute after Kane Simpson set up Caelen Simpson to curl his shot around the keeper. A minute later it was 3-1 Ieuan Crowe netting his second from close range after Steve Fitzpatrick’s shot had hit the upright. Rangers got a fourth on 75 minutes after James Fitzpatrick set up Kane Simpson to score from 15 yards.

Southmead recorded their second successive win this time it was Patchway Town who were on the receiving end. It was a double for Kye Perks in the first half that set the home side on their way. Perks first on 9 minutes was smashed home from a corner and the second on 44 minutes was a bullet header from a Danny Glancey cross. Patchway got back into the game in the second half and some sloppy defending by the home side allowed Matt Davies to scramble the ball home. Southmead almost got a third near the end when a powerful effort from Cory Pring struck the crossbar and was scrambled away.

A big surprise at Bristol Telephones where Yate Town Reserves came away with a 3-1 success. Yate opened the scoring on 21 minutes when Mike Alvis found himself with a one on one situation and slotted the ball past keeper Aaron Gratebanks. New signing and debutant Paul Coles swivelled on the edge of the box to score with a low drive to level the score on 60 minutes. Alvis then put the visitors back in front when he latched on to a long ball that beat the home defence. Substitute Anton Dowe then secured the points for Yate when he made it 3-1 on 80 minutes.

GFA Challenge Trophy

Hardwicke are out of the cup going down 1-0 at the hands of Cirencester Development from the Hellenic League. The only goal of the game came in the 21st minute when Dean Kruger’ shot took a deflection on its way in.

Gala Wilton put up a good fight against Western League opposition Premier Division Winterbourne United going down 3-1 in the end. Winterbourne went ahead on 14 minutes from a cross into the box that found Mario Mataeus completely unmarked to head home. Gala made changes and brought on Ryan Hughes that marked an improvement in play and in the 51st minute Alex Pritchard’s long range effort beat the visitor’s keeper to level the score. The visitors retook the lead on 81 minutes with a speculative shot from the edge of the box by Jabhere Ngozi. Winterbourne then wrapped it up in the 87th minute when Rob Sivers squared the ball back for Alex Monks to head home.

Frampton United pulled off a shock win over Western League Division 1 Almondsbury UWE. The game at 90 minutes ended all square at 3-3 but Frampton won the penalty shoot out 4-3. Frazer Wilson fired his shot into the top corner after 2 minutes to give the home side the lead then in the 35th minute Joe Wilton crossed for brother Lewis to head home for a 2-0 lead at the break. Almondsbury got back in the game on 55 minutes when Adam Cox gave away a penalty and Geraint Williams netted from the spot. Ryan Caxton then levelled the score from the edge of the box on 65 minutes and 3 minutes later the visitors were 3-2 up after Alex Biss netted. Matt Cook brought the score to 3-3 on 70 minutes with the game then being decided from the penalty spot.

3rd October 2015 - Elliott gives Bishops Cleeve the edge over Rockleaze

Leaders AEK Boco were held to a goalless draw by Cheltenham Civil Service. Henbury thrash Kingswood to move into second place and Broadwell Amateurs jump to third with a win over Hardwicke.

The game between Rockleaze Rangers and Bishops Cleeve Reserves was decided by just the one goal. It was the home side who opened the better and almost went ahead after 2 minutes but Carl Lakey’s shot was well saved by Cleeve keeper Eric Edge then 6 minutes later the Cleeve defence cleared off the line. Cleeves first real chance on goal came in the 15th minute as Mike Sholley hooked the ball over the bar from a corner. Rangers should have scored on 26 minutes as Lakey crossed to the far post from the right giving James Fitzpatrick a great opportunity to head the ball home but somehow contrived to miss it altogether. Cleeves James Pickup got his header on target on 33 minutes but Burgess was there to collect. Both sides had problems retaining the ball and in the 35th minute Rangers gave it away just inside their half to Matt Magee who raced forward before delivering a superb ball into the path of Giles Elliott to hammer past Burgess from just inside the box. Rangers lost their way after this and the visitors took control and Burgess came to the rescue from a good build up followed by a good effort from Mike Sholley just before the break.

Rangers came out with much more determination in the second half and dominated proceedings for the next 25 minutes but could not find that elusive goal they needed to level the score. Both Carl Lakey and Ieuan Crowe went close with Lakey having the best chance on 82 minute a clear header on goal that he put over the bar from 6 yards. The home side will feel a little aggrieved at the result but missed chance cost them.

Henbury have jumped up the table to second after they hammered Kingswood 8-0. This heavy defeat has dropped Kingswood to the bottom of the table. The accolades must go to Henbury striker Aaron Anglin who netted five of the eight goals with a hattrick 5 minutes before half time. A cross from the right from Jack Mills on 15 minutes was met by Anglin but his shot was well saved by Fox but the rebound fell just right for Reece Purnell to stab the ball home. Then on 19 minutes Scott Thomas finished off a cross from Ben Roe to make it 2-0. Anlgin got the first of his goals on 40 minutes when he picked up a ball wide on the flank cut in and drove an unstoppable shot past Fox. 2 minutes later he swept home a cross from Purnell. He completed his hattrick right on half time. A 20 yard volley that had come from a cross by James Loud gave Anglin his fourth on 51 minutes and he netted his fifth in the 76th minute after a good build up from Adam Rosser and Ben Roe gave him the chance which he took after Fox had saved the first shot. The final goal on 85 minutes slotted home by Danny Simpson after Adam Rosser set it up.

Thornbury Town inflicted a second defeat on Patchway Town to drop them someway down the table. Craig Lancastle helped himself to another couple of goals the first coming after 18 minutes when he made some space on the edge of the box turned and drove the ball in off the post. The second on 26 minutes was an awful mistake by the visitor’s keeper giving the ball away and allowing Lancastle to run the ball into an empty net. Another mistake by the Patchway keeper led to Thornbury’s third on 55 minutes a brilliantly executed shot by Danny Haines from 30 yards out. The visitors only managed to get a shot on goal in the 89th minute of the game.

Southmead CS Athletic picked up their second win of the season with a close 3-2 scoreline over Hanham Athletic. It was the visitors who went ahead on 20 minutes with a goal from Marc Johns. The home side levelled the score on 37 minutes when Danny Glancey netted. a Jack Baber strike then had Hanham in the lead once again only for Jon Kilpatrick to net the equalising goal on 75 minutes with a 30 yard screamer. Hanham will be wondering how they lost this game after twice taking the lead but they left with nothing when Andy Makepeace scored the winner for Southmead in the 89th minute from a free kick.

A point each for Frampton United and Gala Wilton with the score finishing 1-1. Gala went ahead on 10 minutes when Mike Light headed home from a corner. Liam Halliday almost made it two on 15 minutes but for a great save by home keeper James Marklove. Right on Half time Marklove was sent off for a foul giving Gala the chance to go into the lead from the penalty spot. Frampton brought on Frazier Wilson to take over in goal and his first touch was to save the penalty. There were other chances created by both sides throughout the second half but the score remained 1-1.

Broadwell Amateurs have moved into third place in the table after their 3-0 win over today’s visitors Hardwicke. The game started well for the home side when Ben Schiller scored from just inside the box after just 3 minutes. There was a solid display by the home defence throughout but on 44 minutes the outcome might have been so different but for great penalty save by home keeper Craig Edwards. Two goals from Ryan Wilks in the second half sealed the win for Broadwell. His first was a side footed effort on 61 minutes and on 86 minutes he headed in his second.

A second goalless draw for Cheltenham Civil Service but mighty important as they travelled to league leaders AEK Boco. A game of very few chances but never the less that point has lifted Cheltenham off the bottom for the first time.