league logo

MARCLIFF Gloucestershire County Football League

sponsor logo

Ron's Match Reports

25th February 2017 - Broadwell grab the points at Gala Wilton

Stonehouse Town still lead the table by four points but Frampton United move into second place with two games in hand.

All three teams at the bottom failed to pick up any points this week.

Gala Wilton was our destination today and the visitors were Broadwell Amateurs. On an uneven pitch and a very strong wind blowing diagonally across it made things difficult for both sets of players to play the ball around on the deck. It seems that the long ball was the order of the first half and both sides sharing the possession. The visitor’s keeper was hardly tested except in the third minute his poor clearance fell straight to Kyle Bakewell but he failed to get the ball over the keeper. Broadwell’s first effort fell to Dan Latham on six minutes but his header from a corner went wide. Two minutes later full-back Blaine Smith should have scored for the visitors but his shot went straight to home keeper Tom Kaye. Another chance fell to Kristian Burnard midway through the half but his flicked header was not good enough to beat Kaye.

Two minutes into the second half Broadwell had the ball in the net but it was ruled out for offside. A couple of minutes later the home side struck the post. Gala had a great chance to level on fifty seven minutes as a cross from the left fizzed across the six yard box and Substitute Joel Grieve failed to get on the end of it. The deadlock was broken on sixty four minutes as a cross into the box by Jordan Sheen found Kristian Burnard to give Broadwell the lead. Just three minutes later Gala almost scored as Craig Howell made space in the box to shoot - it hit the upright and rebounded to Kyle Bakewell who with a clear shot on goal skied his shot well over the bar. Gala had another chance on seventy four minutes from a free kick on the right curled left footed into the box and Peter Boyle’s powerful header struck the crossbar. Gala kept pushing for the equaliser and Jamie Merry brought off a terrific save to deny Mark Edwards twenty five yard drive from going in. Bakewell will be kick himself when he had a great chance to head his side level but it went straight to Merry. Two minutes into time added Broadwell’s Jordan Sheen disposed Alex Pritchard broke into the box but failed to get his shot on target. Missed chances cost the home side dearly.

Bristol Telephones kept up their challenge with a three – one home win over Hanham Athletic. With very little happening in the first forty five minutes Hanham stung the home side by taking the lead on forty two minutes from a direct free kick struck well by Tom Welling. The home side bucked up in the second period and Dhani Golding thought he had levelled on forty seven minutes but it was ruled out for offside. However, on fifty seven minutes a Sam Sarre shot from the edge of the box made it all square. Just a minute later Dhani Golding was shown a Red card after picking up a second yellow card. This left the home side with plenty of work to do and eventually took the lead on sixty seven minutes when Ben Griffiths laid the ball through for Mike Alvis to score. A third goal just five minutes from the end a great cross from Mike Alvis found Luke Palmer who hit the ball home on the half volley.

Frampton United moved into second place after a resound five - one win over Southmead CS Athletic. The home side opened the scoring on six minutes when Monola Marquez Espada headed home a cross from the right. A great save by home keeper Marklove on twenty four minutes from a Rob Sivers shot preserved their lead. Then in the thirty fourth minute a cross from Joel White found Kris Bulley on the near post to make it two – nil. It went to three – nil on fifty seven minutes when Kris Bulley turned in a cross from Joe Wilton. Frampton went four – nil up on seventy four minutes when Dan Huxstep headed home a Matt Cook cross. Aidan Hill pulled a goal back for Southmead in the eighty second minute with a shot from the edge of the box and then in time added at the end of ninety minutes Jack Bartman headed home yet another Matt Cook cross.

Kingswood came away from Rockleaze Rangers with a two – nil win. Not a lot of goalmouth action in the first forty five minutes although James Kenway had his header cleared off the line on eleven minutes and Simon Clarke was inches wide from a free kick for the visitors. Home keeper Sam Burgess brought of a terrific save in the sixty seventh minute pushing the ball around the post from a Simon Clarke free kick. Kingswood went ahead on seventy two minutes when Cory Pring swivelled on the edge of the box and hit a tremendous shot at Burgess and despite the keeper best efforts the ball crept into the net. Kingswood got a second five minutes later when Frank Hitchings sent a bullet header past Burgess from a corner.

Another three points for Little Stoke with a three – two win at home to Bishops Cleeve Reserves. A fine hattrick from Simon Knight moves his Club up to seventh place in the table. His first came after ten minutes from an Ollie Bacon free kick flicked on by Matt Price and Knight finished it off. On fifteen minutes Sasha Tong and Knight set up Kieran Williams but he shot wide. On twenty five minutes along ball over the Cleeve defence saw Knight and the visitor’s keeper challenging but Knight won the battle and hit a twenty five yard shot into the top corner. Bishops Cleeve hit back in the twenty seventh minute when Connor Sherry struck a twenty yard free kick past Turner. Just three minutes later Williams, Bacon and Church worked together to set up Knight to tap the ball in from six yards to complete his hattrick. Two minutes before the break Cleeve struck again from another free kick that was parried by Turner in the home goal but Joe Richards followed up to score. The second forty five minutes was stalemate as both sides failed to conger up any real good chances?

No goals in the first forty five minutes at Patchway Town but leaders Stonehouse Town went away with the three points after finding the back of the net on three occasions to the home side’s one. The break through came on fifty five minutes from a well struck shot that hit the upright and fell nicely for Dan Carmen to give Stonehouse the lead. Just four minutes later it was two – nil when Andy Maryon headed home. Lee Keveren made it three – nil in the seventy fifth minute then two minutes later Dan Bendall was put through on goal to net a consolation for Patchway.

Hardwicke bounced back from their defeat last week to take the points at home to Lebeq United. Both goals came in the first forty five minutes the opener in the twenty ninth minute from a good build up by the home side and Rich Mansell’s cross was half volleyed home by Ed Rimmer. The home side went two up on thirty four minutes from free kick on the edge of the box that was struck by Mansell it took a wicked deflection off Szymon Gromek and into the Lebeq net. Very few chances to write home about in the second forty five minutes Bhakerd missed a good chance for the visitors and Harris shot wide for the home side.

AEK Boco and Thornbury Town shared a point each in a one – one draw at Greenbank Road. It took until the forty fifth minute to score the opening goal and it came from a cross that was headed away by Boco but fell straight to Scott McLeod who hit a screamer into the top of the Boco net to give Thornbury a half time lead. The home side pushed forward more in the second period and drew level on sixty five minutes from a mazy run By Jason Thatcher and a fantastic right foot shot that looped over the Thornbury keeper. Both sides kept playing their passing games but there were no further goals and probably a fair result on the day

18th February 2017 - Frampton come from behind to win at Broadwell

After twenty four matches completed Southmead CS Athletic are off the mark with their first win of the season.

The three teams at the top all won today so no change in positions this week.

Our travels this week took us to Broadwell Amateurs who were entertaining Frampton United. This was an excellent game of football between two sides who like to play the ball on the ground with the occasional long ball thrown in. Frampton started the brighter but it was the home side that went ahead in the eighth minute with a well taken header from a corner that was met at the near post by Ross Gabriel and it flew across goal into the far corner giving keeper James Marklove no chance. A minute later Marklove saved well from Kristian Burnard. Broadwell keeper Jamie Merry had to be quick off his line to cut out a low cross into the six yard box that was heading for Joe Wilton on the far post. A few minutes later a good ball into space for Wilton to run onto was again cut out by the alert Merry. Frampton’s Matt Cook went close from a corner his header just wide of the post. Then a free kick from Cook was curled in from the left but straight into the arms of Merry. After scoring that early goal the home side found themselves on the back foot with Frampton pushing hard to level. Cook seemed to be in the thick of the action as Wilton’s cross from the left was met by Cook but his header was just over. On thirty eight minutes Broadwell were unlucky when it seemed almost certain Gabriel would score but somehow Marklove saved the shot.

Frampton continued where they left off in the second half and Kris Bulley should have scored in the first minute. The home side came more into the game and on forty eight minutes Ross Gabriel hit a great shot from twelve yards but Marklove managed to tip the ball over the bar - a great save by the keeper. Ben Fishwick was the next on target but again Marklove saved. A couple of minutes later Lee Hanson struck a tremendous shot that struck the crossbar for Broadwell. A cracking twenty five yard shot from Jordan Sheen was only just wide of the target. Broadwell were dismayed when Gabrial hit a great shot past Marklove on sixty minutes only to have the goal ruled out for offside. At the other end Merry saved well from Nathan Dennis and then Matt Cook missed a glaring chance. Frampton levelled the score on seventy nine minutes from a great cross from Joe Wilton that was headed home by substitute Monolo Marquez Espada. The home side found themselves having to defend as Frampton gained much more of the possession pushing forward to try to get a winner. Huxstep – Turner and White all went close in the last few minutes but the winner came in the forty fourth minute of normal time when Myron Turner smashed the ball past Merry.

After twenty four games played Southmead CS Athletic have recorded their first win of the season against today’s visitors Hardwicke. A first half double from Rob Sivers gave the home side some hope. Sivers scored his first on five minutes from a long ball striking it into the top corner from a difficult angle. His second five minutes later was a through ball that he chipped over the keeper. Sivers was on target a couple of minutes later but this time it was parried by the keeper with Ashley Harwood striking the post from the rebound. Next on target was Dave Johnson whose twenty yard drive struck the upright and went out for a goal kick. Hardwicke rarely troubled the home side but managed a late goal in the eighty ninth minute a twenty yard drive from Henry Birkett that flew into the bottom corner.

Thornbury Town took no prisoners as they hammered Hanham Athletic seven – nil at the Mundy playing fields today. It took just fifty seconds for Thornbury to take the lead as Toby Webb broke down the left slipped the ball into Luke Franklin who went past a defender before firing the ball past keeper Max Heaven. It became two – nil on eleven minutes from a cross that found Danny Thompson and his shot took a deflection on the way in. Hanham’s Ryan Phillips saw his looping shot just clear the bar and Danny Wingfield was very close with his effort. A third goal for the home side on twenty minutes a twenty five yard drive from Scott McLeod - then a couple of minutes later Mark Viner headed home Toby Bennett’s corner. Two minutes into the second half another Toby Bennett corner was headed onto the bar by Pete Fowler who then powered the rebound past Heaven. At the other end Collins just cleared the bar with a fine effort for the visitors. A good link up between Nathan Irwin and Graig Lancastle ended with Lancastle netting from close in. Then with just two minutes to go Danny Haines latched onto a lose ball and drove the ball home from the edge of the box.

Stonehouse Town remain top of the table after a three – nil home win over Gala Wilton. Two minutes into the game Tom Beard smashed the ball home following a corner. Tim Williams went close on thirty four minutes for the home side. Gala’s Kyle Bakewell’s shot was well saved by home keeper Will Pedrick on thirty seven minutes and just before the break Bakewell was again on target but his header was not strong enough o beat Pedrick. Gala lost Craig Howell with a straight red after he was adjudged to have elbowed a Stonehouse player. A few minutes later the home side scored a second when Andy Maryon turned and shot into the roof of the net. The home side wrapped the game up in the eighty seventh minute when Liam Gale broke down the left was brought down in the box but the referee played the advantage and Tim Williams slipped the ball to Maryon to net his second of the game.

A single goal by Bristol Telephones in the eighty third minute was enough to keep their challenge for the title on track. The home side had the ball cleared off the line in the third minute and Antonio Nurse kept the ball out from a Dhani Golding effort. Home keeper Farmiloe brought off a great save to keep Patchway in it but Phones grabbed that late winner when Dhani Golding broke into the box and was fouled by Matt Tovey and Ryan Hicks drove home the penalty.

Kingswood salvaged a point from their home game against Little Stoke with a late penalty. Kingswood’s Josh Stokes was just over from twenty five yards on twelve minutes and Frank Hitchings rounded the keeper hit the post with his shot that rebounded straight into the keeper’s arms. Stokes Fraser Robertson’s corner evaded everyone and struck the crossbar. Simon Knight had a great chance right on half time as he picked up a poor goal kick from keeper Chris Fox but with the goal at his mercy he fired over the top. Early in the second half Ryan Mudd’s shot was well saved by the Stoke keeper and in the fifty sixth minute Simon Clarke’s twenty yard free kick skimmed the crossbar. Stoke went ahead on seventy five minutes when Kieran Williams looping shot caught Fox out. In the eight second minute Jamie Evans broke into the box was fouled by Tim O’Loughlin and Simon Clarke dispatched the penalty.

Henbury are finding things hard at present with results not going their way with another defeat this week this time at the hands of Rockleaze Rangers. Not many chances for the home side in the first forty five minutes although Ryan Gibson should have scored but miss directed his header. Home keeper O’Brien had to be at his best throughout the first half bringing off some fine saves. A mistake in the home defence on fifty seven minutes allowed Marcus Williams to open the scoring for Rangers. Jamie Fitzgerald made it two – nil on seventy seven minutes after receiving a great pass from Iggy Illott. Then on eighty four minutes Iggy Illott finished the game off with a great strike.

11th February 2017 - Rockleaze edge out Lebeq

Stonehouse Town move three points clear after a draw at Frampton United. Thornbury Town remain second after going down at Bristol Telephones. Hanham Athletic moves to third from bottom after their draw with Bishops Cleeve Reserves.

An excellent game at Rockleaze Rangers where today’s visitors were Lebeq United. The home side did really well to come back from a two – nil deficit to take the three points. The home team opened the game attacking Lebeq right from the off and if things had gone right could well have had a two goal lead in the first couple of minutes. Instead it was United who took the lead on three minutes from a break out of defence and a long cross ball from the left from Syzman Gromer that found Omari Sims who controlled the ball, look how far keeper Sam Burgess had ventured off his line before neatly chipping the ball over his head into an empty net. Both teams were playing good football and passing the ball well and that almost paid off for Rangers in the fifth minute when Iggy Illott’s shot was just wide of the post. Just a couple of minutes later Marcus Williams got behind the United defence and curled his shot past Jones but it struck the upright with the keeper well beaten. Steve Fitzpatrick effort was only just over the bar from a corner. United should have gone further ahead on twenty minutes when Rangers Josh Grotzke gave away a penalty but Shah Bhakerd’s shot was well saved by Burgess. After a good break by the home side Greg Williams got the ball into the United net but it was ruled out for offside. Lebeq went two –nil up on thirty five minutes with some really good build up play and the ball being played across the mouth of the goal for Elan Plummer to side foot home. Straight from the kick off Greg Parr sent a long ball up to James Kenway whose header struck the crossbar and then fell nicely for Steve Fitzpatrick to head into an empty net. A minute before the break Rangers drew level from a good move down the right and a cross into the box that was not cleared by United’s defence and the ball eventually fell to Marcus Williams to drive home.

The second period Rangers had much more of the possession but failed to turn that into chances Although United’s keeper Amin Jones had to be at his best to save a Marcus Williams shot. The weather got slowly worse as the rain fell so the pitch got slipperier and players were beginning to lose their footing from time to time. After fighting back from a two – nil deficit Rangers went ahead in the seventieth minute with a superb strike from the edge of the box from Iggy Illott. As time went on and very little happening in the way of chances United thought they had salvaged a point in the eighty ninth minute Omari Sims hit the ball past Burgess but it was ruled out for offside.

Stonehouse Town’s short journey to Frampton United saw them take away a point. It was Frampton who should have gone ahead in the very first minute after Kris Bulley had sent a great cross into Joe Wilton but he pulled his shot over the top. Just three minutes later Town went ahead when Tim Williams headed home from a corner. United’s equaliser was a great piece of individual skill from Joe Wilton who drifted past four defenders before planting the ball in the back of the net. Stonehouse should have retaken the lead on the half hour but Lee Keveren missed the target. Frampton went ahead on thirty six minutes when Ben Jones brought down Manolo Marquez Espada in the box and Myron Turner netted the resulting penalty. Stonehouse gained a point from the game on fifty minutes when Alex Kibble’s free kick flew into the top corner.

Thornbury Town lost for the third game in a row going down three – one at Bristol Telephones. It was even until the forty second minute when Mike Alvis broke into the Thornbury box and was brought down. Ryan Hicks took the spot kick to give phones that one –nil half time lead. Phones went further ahead three minutes into the second half as the Thornbury keeper fumbled a Dhani Golding shot and Ben Griffiths chipped the ball into an empty net. Thornbury were given the chance to pull a goal back on sixty five minutes after home keeper Will Osborne gave away a penalty and Craig Lancastle made no mistake from the spot. In the eighty fifth minute a brilliant piece on skill from Dhani Golding as he beat the keeper to the ball then neatly chipped it over two defenders who had got back on the line to make it three – one. Mike Alvis had a late effort well saved by the town keeper.

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Frampton United (Blue/White) v Stonehouse Town (Black/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

Little Stoke had their shooting boots on today as they fired six past the Henbury keeper and only conceded one in reply. A well taken hattrick from Sasha Tong was the flavour of the day. Everton Senior missed a good chance for the home side on ten minutes before Simon Knight took advantage of a mistake by the Henbury defence from a Fraser Robinson corner on eighteen minutes. The second two minutes later involved some good approach play between Sasha Tong Simon Knight Kieran Williams and Owen Greening before Tong headed the final touch home. Henbury hit back on twenty five minutes when a ball over the home defence was pounced upon by Reece Purnell to score. Five minutes later a long ball from Olly Bacon was picked up by Sasha Tong to run through for his second. Reece Purnell then struck the upright for Henbury before Stoke scored again from a Matt Price free kick that was picked up by Kieran Williams to round the keeper to score. Tong almost got his third on forty three minutes but his effort struck the bar. Both sides had further chances to score but they went over the bar or just wide of the target. Tong did eventually complete his hattrick on seventy minutes when Khalil Lamir played the ball through for him to run clear and slot the ball home. Ten minutes from the end a Russ Church cross to the back post was met by Owen Greening for the final goal.

Gala Wilton dropped into the bottom two after a three – nil home defeat at the hands of Patchway Town. Patchway’s star player was Brandon Benjamin who was on target for all three goals. The opener came after just two minutes from a mix up in the home defence and Benjamin took full advantage. Home keeper Tom Kaye kept his side in the game with several tremendous saves and Kyle Bakewell almost levelled before the break but his shot hit the bar. Patchway went two up in the fifty third minute from a breakaway a cross in from the left and Benjamin had a simple task of side footing the ball home. He completed his hattrick on sixty eight minutes when he outstripped the home defence. Gala had several late half chances but never really looked like scoring.

Hardwicke came from behind to take the three points against an inform Broadwell Amateurs. It was the visitors who went ahead in the thirty second minute from a free kick that was only parried by home keeper Kenny Edwards and Ross Gabriel was on hand to score. The home side must have had a real good talking to in the break because right from the off of the second half they levelled the score from a free kick sent in by Paul Carter headed on by Rob Hine which the keeper parried but Tobie Webb finished it off. Kenny Edwards save the day for the home side in the eighty ninth minute saving well from a Ross Gabriel effort. With ninety minutes on the clock Sam Hill broke into the box was brought down for a penalty. Richard Mansell’s spot kick struck the crossbar but Jordan Dowdeswell picked up the rebound to score the winner.

Hanham Athletic dominated the game at home to Bishops Cleeve Reserves but could not find the back of the net. The visitors had the same problem with the game ending goalless. The home side had a great chance on twenty seven minutes but Luke Simmons hit the crossbar from a corner. Steve Benbow the visitor’s keeper was in tremendous form and kept out several attempts from Dan Wingfield. Benbow also made great stops from Ellis Kow and Luke Clapp near the end. The one point gained by the home side moved them out of the bottom two in the table.

AEK Boco v Kingswood - Postponed

4th February 2017 - AEK Boco and Broadwll Amateurs progress to League Cup Final

Les James League Cup sponsored by Boca Teamwear

The Les James League Cup final will be contested between AEK Boco and Broadwell Amateurs.

AEK Boco’s ground staff had worked really hard to get this Semi-final on and although the pitch became very heavy in places both teams did really well and worked hard throughout the game. It was very close game and a single goal netted in the second half by the home side that got them through to the Final.

The first half chance fell to Henbury with Reece Purnell being pipped to the ball by keeper Joe Pople. A Ross Johnson header from a corner in the ninth minute only just cleared the bar. Boco’s first effort on goal came from Brad Wheadon in the twenty first minute as he volleyed over from a cross into the box. A couple of minutes later Liam Jenkins sent in a low cross but the Henbury defence managed to clear. Henbury keeper Dan O’Brien pulled off great save from a rasping shot from Callum Ball. A minute before the break a cross into the six yard box from the left by the home side was dropped by the Henbury keeper O’Brien but they managed to get the ball clear. Boco’s Darren Werrett almost put the ball into his own net trying to clear a Henbury attack and the final action of the first half was a free kick for Henbury hammered straight at Joe Pople by Aaron Rosser.

The all important goal for the home side came three minutes into the second half from a break down the left and a cross into the box where Brad Wheadon squeezed the ball past O’Brien. A Liam Crewe shot on fifty nine minutes was pushed round the post for a corner by O’Brien. At the other end it was Purnell versus Pople again as the Henbury striker chased down a through ball as Pople came out to meet it the ball ran loose but unfortunately for Purnell it went out for a goal kick. From a further attack by the home side Jack Green was given the opportunity to increase the lead but his shot was week and went straight to O’Brien. Henbury’s best chance came in the seventy eighth minute from a free kick deep inside the Henbury half that was headed on to Adam Rosser to hook the ball towards goal but Pople got across to make a great save. Boco were awarded a penalty in the eighty eight minute after Ross Johnson was adjudged to have handled but keeper O’Brien brought off a really good save to deny penalty taker Callum Ball. Henbury were reduced to ten men in the eighty sixth minute when Ross Johnson saw red for a reckless tackle.

The other Semi-final between Lebeq United and Broadwell Amateurs had to be staged at Broadwell as Lebeq’s facilities were unavailable. Not a good day for United as Broadwell took full advantage of playing the tie on their own ground. The game kicked of ten minutes late due to the late arrival of Lebeq and Broadwell went steaming ahead with two goals in the first nine minutes. Ross Gabriel put the Amateurs ahead on five minutes when he headed the ball back across goal an over keeper Jones from a free kick. They went two up on nine minutes from a high ball that was headed on by Gabriel for Kristian Burnard to run clear and slot the ball past Jones. United had a great chance to pull a goal back in the twenty fifth minute from the penalty spot but Ibrahima Sarr blasted his shot against the crossbar. Broadwell went further ahead on thirty eight minutes when Danny Latham’s header sailed into the net from a corner. A couple of minutes later Lebeq pulled a goal back when Ibrahima Sarr made up for his penalty miss latching onto a long ball to drive the ball home. Broadwell made it four - one two minutes before the break from a loose ball that was picked up by Gabriel to fire past Jones. Lebeq piled on the pressure in the second half but could not find a way through until Will De-Wet made it four – two. Broadwell finished the game off in the eighty third minute when Jordan Sheen netted a fifth goal.

League Reports

Another three games postponed today and this gave Stonehouse Town a chance to go back to the top of the table. They did in style as they put five past the Hardwicke defence and conceded just one in reply. A cross from Ben Jones on twenty three minutes saw Lee Keveren swivel in the box and drive the ball into the Hardwicke net. The home side took a two – nil lead on thirty seven minutes from a breakaway following a Hardwicke corner Ryan Stewart setting up Liam Gale to score. Tim Williams struck the upright early in the second half and a couple of minute’s later home keeper Will Pedrick pulled off a great save to deny Paul Carter. In the fifty eighth minute the home side were reduced to ten men after Luke Barstow gave away a free kick on the edge of the box and then proceeded to argue with the referee about the decision. Hardwicke’s goal came in the sixtieth minute from a shot by Richard Mansell that struck the post and in attempting to clear Josh Butler sliced the ball into his own net. A corner sent over by Jonny Brodie was turned in by Lee Keveren on seventy five minutes then ten minutes later Dan Carman made it four. Hardwicke’s Paul Carter had another good shot saved before Liam Gale picked up a loose ball drifted past several defenders before planting the ball in the back of the net.

Kingswood have moved into third place with a five – one win at home to Hanham Athletic. Jamie Evans was the man of the match with a well taken hat-trick. The home side went ahead after just two minutes when Hanham’s keeper fumbled a Simon Clarke free kick and Evans was there to stab the ball home. Gary Simmons was through on goal but shot straight at the keeper. Hanham levelled on fifteen minute from a cross from the left that the home defence were unable to deal with and Ellis Kow was on the back post to knock it home. Evans made it two – one to Kingswood when he turned a defender on the edge of the box and drove the ball home. Evans completed his hat-trick in the twenty fifth minute after Frank Hitchings put him clear in acres of space to shoot past the Hanham keeper. Five minute before the break there was a double save by the home side as a free kick by Hanham was tipped over the bar by Fox and from the resulting corner Jamie Evans cleared off the line. A minute before the break Simon Clarke made it four one with a dipping shot from a free kick. Kingswood netted their fifth in the sixty sixth minute again from a Simon Clarke free kick headed home by Ryan Mudd at the near post. The home side continued to press forward but the visitors held firm to the end.

Southmead CS Athletic were faced with yet another defeat as they went down three – one at home to Rockleaze Rangers. Steve Fitzpatrick gave Rangers the lead but Rob Sivers levelled the score for the home side before the break. Another strike from Steve Fitzpatrick put Rangers ahead again and Iggy Ilott sealed the points for the visitors with a third late on.