league logo

MARCLIFF Gloucestershire County Football League

sponsor logo

Ron's Match Reports

25th November 2017 - Thornbury win to extend lead at top of table

With Lebeq United tied up with the GFA Challenge Trophy Cup this week it gave Thornbury Town a chance to open up a gap at the top of the table and they did just that with a resounding 5-0 win at Gala Wilton. Another hattrick for leading goalscorer Craig Lancastle who set them on their way on 13 minutes from a great cross into the box from Scott McLeod that saw the striker completely unmarked to drive the ball past keeper Dan Brabham there were appeals from the home side for offside but the goal stood. Thornbury who operate like a well oiled machine kept the home side at bay never letting them anywhere near their goal. Brandon Benjamin should have made it 2-0 on 15 minutes but after breaking through shot straight at the keeper. Marcus Wormwell then slid past several defenders before hitting the post with a well struck shot. With all the pressure from the visitors it looked as though this game was only going to end one way a win for the leaders and they increased their lead on 37 minutes when Wormwell broke down the left to the goal-line and pulled the ball back for Brandon Benjamin to side foot the ball in. Just 3 minutes later Lancastle almost made it three when he broke into the box but at the last moment the ball was clipped of his foot and out for a corner. Brabham brought of a great save from a Tom Webb shot on 44 minutes and right on half time Gala had their first shot on target from Alex Pritchard that was never going to trouble Sheppard.

The second half started with a bang as Thornbury went 3-0 up on 47 minutes from a Toby Bennett shot that spun off a defender and looped over the keeper as he back pedalled to try and save. It went to 4-0 on 66 minutes from a great cross into the six yard box from Scott McLeod giving Lancastle the simplest of chances to tap the ball in. It went to 5-0 in the 81st minute as Lancastle drifted across the box dummied the defender and then drove the ball home. He almost scored again just before the end but Brabham brought off a great save and then saved again from a Toby Bennett’s shot.

The local derby between AEK Boco and Hanham Athletic ended in a 5-0 win for the home side. 182 spectators braved the cold to watch this game which never really came to life until after the break. Jason Thatcher’s free kick was the only good effort from the home side in the first half but it was marred by the injury to the Hanham keeper Max Heaven who had to leave the field with his place in goal being taken by outfield player Sam Brown. The home side took the lead on 48 minutes from a quick throw in to Callum Ball who then drove the ball across the box for Liam Crewe to open the scoring. Ten minutes later it was Ball who got onto the score sheet as he picked up a loose ball 25 yards out and drove a sweet shot into the corner of the net. Just 2 minutes later it was 3-0 to the home side as Jack Winter went clear Brown got a hand to his shot but could not prevent it crossing the line. The Hanham team made it hard for themselves on 65 minutes when Ash Bowle was sent off. This made it tough for the visitors and on 75 minutes Jason Thatcher made it 4-0 in a goalmouth scramble. The home side wrapped up the scoring 5 minutes from the end when substitute Jack Green was put clear to round the keeper and slide the ball home.

After winning the last three away games Henbury came unstuck at home to Wick going down 1-0. In a very uninspiring game with neither side creating any chances the only one in the first 45 minutes coming from Wick and that struck the upright. The game was won in the 50th minute from a shot from just inside the Henbury half that the keeper misjudged. The only chance for the home side came right at the death when Adam Rosser’s cross was met by Ross Johnson but he headed wide.

Stonehouse Town are gradually creeping up the table after a 6-1 win at Kingswood. Town opened the scoring on 18 minutes when Liam Gale turned in an Andy Maryon cross for the first of his 4 goals of the afternoon, but within a minute the home side drew level with a speculative shot from the edge of the box from Matt Poole that deceived the keeper. On 39 minutes Town retook the lead when Andy Maryon fired home. Maryon netted his second on 55 minutes and then it became the Liam Gale show as he netted a treble on 59, 72, and 79 minutes.

Broadwell Amateurs have also crept up the table with some positive results of late and they recorded another today with a 3-0 win at Southmead CS Athletic. They took the lead on 16 minutes when Harry Williams headed home from a long ball over the home defence. Jordan Sheen got the second on 61 minutes from a long corner to the far post and a minute later new signing Billy Guest cut in from the flank to make it 3-0.

Hardwicke took the three points with a 2-0 victory over Rockleaze Rangers with the opening 15 minutes being shared by both sides. A minute later Hardwicke appealed for a penalty after Will Matthews had been brought down in the box but it was turned away. Then Paul Carters shot was well saved by keeper Will Stabb for Rangers and from the corner Rangers Sam Knight cleared off the line from a Matthew’s header. Rangers Dan Bendall’s goal-bound shot was headed over by Craig Beaton on 24 minutes and then veteran keeper Mark Harris saved well from another Rangers attack. A minute before the break the home side took the lead Craig Harris lobbed the ball over the Rangers keeper and Steve Bick rushed in to make sure it crossed the line. It went to 2-0 on 68 minutes when Craig Harris was upended in the box and Paul Carter netted from the spot. The Rangers keeper then made a great save from a 30 yard shot from Glen Gittins.

GFA Challenge Trophy Round 3

Ruardean Hill Rangers fought hard to win their Challenge Cup clash with Lebeq United. The first chance fell in the 2nd minute when a Dan Mason free kick was flicked just wide of the post by Shaun Tingle. Ruardean Hill took the lead in the 10th minute when Omar Lindsey couldn't cut out a through ball allowing Luke Brown to nip in and lift the ball over goalkeeper Jesionowski into the empty net. 2 more dangerous set pieces from Dan Mason nearly resulted in goals, first a free kick resulted in Terry Obeng heading behind his own goal and from the resulting corner Shaun Tingle headed into the side netting. Lebeq's first opportunity came in the 25th minute when Shah Bakherd turned well inside the area but as he shaped to shoot Jack Meek was across to block his effort. Things got worse for Lebeq in the 42nd minute when Hassankafi Ibrahim was shown a straight red card for a needless foul on Stuart Cornwell-Boote. Rangers doubled their lead in the 50th minute when captain Luke Brown burst through the defensive line and cut the ball back across the face of goal for the on rushing Kane Fellows who slotted the ball home. Lebeq went close to pulling a goal back in the 60th minute when substitute Leroy Swaby curled the ball past the wall and the post from 20 yards out. Lebeq keeper Jesionowski saved excellently with his feet from Shaun Tingle's low shot following a good lay off from Luke Johnson. Lebeq got back into the game when Twaine Plummer smashed in a lot shot across the face of goal into the net in the 65th minute. Bobby Walding made a superb block in the 80th minute to prevent Twaine Plummer getting the equaliser and the Rangers managed to see out the remainder of the game to advance to Quarter Final's.

Patchway Town were drawn home to Hellenic League Premier Division Brimscombe & Thrupp and with some outstanding goal keeping by the home keeper kept the score-line to 0-0 at the break. 4 minutes into the second half the visitors took the lead when Sam Blackie tucked in a cross from the flank. Jack Smith then made it 2-0 from another cross into the box and Sam Blackie soon made it 3-0. The forth again from a cross saw the home keeper misjudge the cross and it gave Jack Smith the simple task of heading into an empty net. Ollie Pitt then rounded of the scoring on 70 minutes to make it 5-0.

Frampton United go through to the next round with an excellent win over Cirencester development from the Hellenic League Division 1 West. The visitors looked to have opened the scoring on 20 minutes but Luke Browns shot cannoned back off the crossbar. Matt Cook almost gave the home side the lead on 33 minutes but the Cirencester keeper just managed to push his shot onto the post. Cirencester took the lead on 55 minutes from a Sam Sparr header and they almost went 2-0 up on 63 minutes when Jack Hargreaves also hit the crossbar. Nathan Dennis cleared off the line after home keeper James Marklove made a mistake on 78 minutes. The home side levelled the score on 81 minutes with a Nathan Dennis shot from the edge of the box and five minutes later a quick break up field by Frampton saw Jon Lewis round the keeper to win them the game.

18th November 2017 - Patchway climb off bottom of table

Patchway Town started the day at the foot of the table but a 4-0 victory over Southmead CS Athletic has lifted them up a place and Hanham Athletic replace them at the bottom of the table. The first attempt on goal came from the home side on 13 minutes a free kick from Sam Finn that went straight to the keeper. On 26 minutes the home side almost gave away an own goal as a long ball was hit into the box and Shuan Okomah headed the ball past his own keeper but lucky enough it went past the outside of the post. Patchway went ahead on 31 minutes after they had pressurised the Southmead defence and Sam Peplow finished the move off. At the other end home keeper Dane Cook pulled off a good save to deny Simeon Hopkins. Right on half time a cracking 25 yard left foot drive from Sam Peplow went straight through the Southmead keeper Sean O’Keefe to give them a 2-0 lead.

The home side had a great chance to increase their lead on 51 minutes but O’Keefe blocked his shot that went out for a corner. From the corner another chance went begging when Tallen Smith blasted over the bar from 6 yards. 9 minutes into the second half the home side went 3-0 up with the fine break down the left by Sam Peplow who then squared the ball across goal for Fred Mullen to drive into the net. Patchway’s fourth goal came courtesy of Southmead keeper Shaun O’Keefe who spilled a simple looking cross in the 6 yard box and David Ishi tapped the ball home. The visitors never really threatened the Patchway goal and right on time a cracking 25 yard shot from Liam Lloyd was only just wide of the upright that would have been five.

Thornbury Town regained their 4 point lead at the top with an 8-0 hammering of Little Stoke. Only a couple of weeks ago Little Stoke were the victors with an 8-0 win but have found themselves on the receiving end today. Toby Bennett gave Thornbury the lead with low free kick into the bottom corner on 30 minutes. The home side went 2-0 on 39 minutes when Brandon Benjamin cut inside onto his left foot before curling a great shot into the far corner. with the score-line at 2-0 at half time and Little Stoke not out of this game nobody would have envisaged that the home side would score another six goals before the final whistle. On 55 minutes Craig Lancastle tapped in Toby Bennett’s cross for the first of his three goal haul. Marcus Wormwell slid the ball home at the near post from a Joe Guest cross for number four on 68 minutes, then Wormwell picked up a poor back pass to square the ball across goal for Lancstle’s second. Toby Bennett then struck another superb free kick into the top corner and Lancastle completed his hattrick with a header at the far post. The scoring was complete on 89 minutes when Toby Webb’s cross was deflected into the net by a Little Stoke defender. Although the home side won the game well the visitors never gave up - but it was not their day.

Lebeq United slip up at home to Henbury going down 2-1 which gave the visitors their third win in a row on the road. Hesitation in the home defence on 15 minutes allowed Jacob Hicks in to blast the ball past keeper Janakowski. The keeper had to be at his best to keep out a great shot from Adam Rosser on 25 minutes, but he was beaten again in the 33rd minute from a cross into the box that found Andy Dickinson who ran through to fire home. Lebeq hit back right on half time when Hassankafi Ibrahim slotted the ball through for Rick Davis to run clear and fire past Ryan Foggarty. The home side had much the better of the second half but failed to break the visitors defence down and Shah Bhakerd had the best chance but his shot struck the upright.

The two Clubs Wick and Ruardean Hill Rangers who entered the league this season faced each other for the first time at Wick and it was Rangers who came away with the three points. From the report sent in the visitor’s keeper Aaron Underwood had an outstanding game pulling of crucial saves to keep his team in the game. Underwood denied James Pocock in the 12th minute when he tipped his shot over the bar and then kept out Tyrone Dacres effort pushing his shot around the post. Then Dan Wingfield had his shot cleared off the line. Ranger’s first real attack came after 35 minutes when Shaun Tingle dribbled into the Wick box but was thwarted by the home defence just in time. In the second period a downward header from Dacres bounced over the bar. Rangers snatched the three points in the 71 minutes from a break away and Luke Brown finishing with a 20 yard shot. Although the home side piled on the pressure they could not get the ball past Underwood. A big thank you to Wick Football Club for entertaining ground hopper John Stancombe who is totally blind. They collected him from Bath Station did a running commentary on the game and generally looked after him before returning him to Keynsham Station for his journey home to Lowestoft.

Frampton United came away from Vicarage Road with three points after defeating Hanham Athletic 4-1. A dreadful mistake by Tom Welling early on let Kris Bulley in to open the scoring. On 13 minutes it was 2-0 to Frampton as Manolo Marquez Espada curled a free kick past Max Heaven from the edge of the box. The visitors were rampant and Heaven had to save again this time from Matt Cook. The home side’s first effort on 35 minutes came from Sam Brown that was saved by keeper Fraser Wilson. A free header from Jack Bartman made it 3-0 on 65 minutes a minute later Jonathan Lewis finished well for the fourth. The home side got a consolation goal in the 82nd minute when Craig Sperring scored from the penalty spot after Adam Grinter was brought down in the box.

A close game at Broadwell Amateurs where the home side had to work for the three points and grabbed them in the last minute of the game. They went behind after 25 minutes after they failed to clear the ball from a Gala Wilton attack and Charlie Agg struck the loose ball home. The home side were given the chance to level the score on 60 minutes when Sam Keetch was brought down in the box and Paul Manns scored from the spot. The winner on 89 minutes came from a Paul Manns corner headed into the roof of the net by Jordan Sheen.

Stonehouse are gradually creeping up the table after an indifferent start and continued today with a 3-1 over local rivals Hardwicke. The only real chance in the first 45 minutes fell to the visitors who got the ball in the back of the Stonehouse net only to have it disallowed for offside. The home side went one up on 67 minutes from a great run down the flank by Liam Gale and a superb cross for Andy Maryon to head home. Within 2 minutes Hardwicke were level Will Matthews heading home. Adam Ireland and Lee Keveren worked well together before Keveren’s shot took a big deflection to give the home side a 2-1 lead. In the very last minute of the game Tim Williams set up Liam Gale for the third and final goal.

Rockleaze Rangers stemmed the run of defeats with a 1-1 score line against today’s visitors AEK Boco. The conditions were heavy but both teams seem to adapt fairly well. Boco should have gone ahead after 10 minutes when Callum Ball split the home defence with a through ball to Luke Basseng but the home keeper saved well. Boco did take the lead on 19 minutes when a home defender slipped trying to tackle and Jordan Scott ran clear to round the keeper. The visitors were having lots of possession and Liam Powell went close twice the second effort being cleared off the line by Rangers. The visitors brought on Jason Thatcher in the second half and he was guilty of missing three glorious chances. On 51 minutes he struck the post then with just the keeper to beat 4 minute later he his shot over the bar. Rockleaze Dan Bendall broke down the flank sent over a great cross but nobody managed to get on the end of it. On 67 minutes Thatcher then missed again hitting his shot over with just the keeper to beat. Jack Green then hit the bar for Boco and in the 86th minute Rangers got a break when a mistake in the Boco defence allowed Dan Webb in to chip the ball over the keeper for a point.

11th November 2017 - Henbury grab victory at Ruardean

Just one league match this week with the second round of the Les James League Cup taking place.

Our visit this week was to Ruardean Hill Rangers who were taking on Henbury. Both teams had recorded away wins the previous week so a good competitive game was the order of the day and that is exactly what we got. Henbury shot out of the blocks right from the off with the home side having to defend and a shot from Keiron Cooper was only just wide after 3 minutes. A couple of minutes later Cooper was on target with a good shot but keeper Aaron Underwood saved well. Underwood made another good save to deny Jacob Hicks before the home side’s first real attach on 9 minutes resulted in a free kick on the left side of the box. The ball was knocked to the far post and Rangers Ricky Tingle’s header went just wide. The home side settled and started to take the game to Henbury made two great clearances off the line the second looked like it was going in from a Matt Barnard header. On 33 minutes Henbury had a great chance to take the lead but Peter Jarrett shot wide. On 41 minutes Underwood brought off a fantastic save to push Andy Dickinson point blank shot away.

This game was too close to call and on 52 minutes Henbury made the break through from a low Adam Rosser corner from the left that was poorly defended and Aaron Rosser hammered the ball home. Henbury keeper Ryan Fogarty then saved well from Rangers Luke Brown and with the home side pressing the visitors defence were being peppered with shots which somehow they managed to block. Jacob Hicks went close for Henbury on 62 minutes when he cut in from the left and let fly from the edge of the box the ball skimming past the post with Underwood diving full length. A minute later Luke Johnson saw his header go just the wrong side of the post for Rangers. Ranger did have the ball in the back of the Henbury net on 69 minutes but it was ruled out for offside. The home side had just one more chance to level on75 minutes a free kick floated into the box but headed wide of the target.

Les James League Cup Round 2 - Sponsored by Boca Teamwear

Frampton United – Gala Wilton – Stonehouse Town and Thornbury Town are the four Clubs through to the semi-finals.

Lebeq United had to play their home tie at Gala Wilton because their home facilities at Oakland’s Park were unavailable. Gala opened the scoring in the 15th minute when the Lebeq defence stopped thinking that Ryan Dobbins was offside and he ran clear and rounded Daniel Jesionowski. A cross from Rick Davis saw Twaine Plummer strike the upright for Lebeq on 20 minutes. The Gala keeper then made two great saves to keep out shots from Twaine and Elan Plummer. On 50 minutes Lebeq levelled the score when Omar Lindsey sent Rick Davis clear. Lebeq were now in charge and took the lead in the 65th minute Rick Davis beat the offside and ran clear to score. In the 89th minute against the run off play Gala grabbed an equaliser when John Antonio prodded the ball home following a scramble in the goalmouth. The game was settled on penalties with Gala Wilton going through 3-2.

Little Stoke started well with Jessie Owens and Sam Hill efforts just clearing the bar. At the other end Manolo Marquez Espada should have scored for Frampton but hit his shot over the bar. Then Lewis Wilton went close for the visitors before nick Rugman shot wide for the home side after Owens had set the move up. Frampton opened the scoring on 28 minutes from a Lewis Wilton pass to Ryan Vincent to fire past keeper Amin Jones. The home side hit back in the 38th minute when Ethan Tucker headed home Jordan Yeo’s corner. Frampton’s Nathan Dennis’ shot from the edge of the box was only just over the bar. Then just 2 minutes before the break Frampton’s Manolo Marquez Espada stabbed the ball home after a scramble in the box. On 60 minutes the visitors went 3-1 up when Ryan Vincent headed home from a Espada corner. Visitor’s keeper James Marklove was called upon to make a good save from Jordan Yeo on 73 minutes and then Matt Price headed over from a corner. Frampton sealed their passage into the Semi-finals with a forth goal on 84 minutes Fraser Wilson knocking the ball in after a scramble in the box.

A good draw for both teams with either one likely to move into the Semi-final but it was Thornbury Town who progresses with a 3-1 win over Wick. Thornbury went ahead after 37 minutes from a move down the right which was started and finished by Brandon Benjamin firing the ball home from a very tight angle. Within a minute it was 2-0 to the home side when Craig Lancastle picked up the ball between the halfway line and the visitor’s 18 yard box pushed forward and then superbly shipped the Wick keeper from the edge of the box. A minute before the break Wick pulled a goal back when James Pocock headed home at the near post. The second half started well for the visitors but they failed to create any clear cut chances and on 83 minutes a low hard free kick around the wall by Thornbury’s Toby Bennett sealed the passage for Town into the semi-final.

Stonehouse Town versus Kingswood was a close affair looking at the result and it took until the 34th minute for Luke Soule to turn in Andy Maryon’s cross to give the home side the lead. Kingswood keeper Chris Fox then did exceptionally well to keep the score to 1-0 saving shots from Liam Gale – Lee Keveren – Andy Maryon and Lewis Fogg before the break. Immediately the second half got underway Kingswood drew level the ball falling nicely in the box for Tom Devine to prod home, but within a minute the home side retook the lead from a great free kick from Lewis Fogg that curled right onto the head of Luke Barstow to head home. 5 minutes later it was 3-1 as across from Liam Gale found Luke Soule who was brought down in the box leading to a penalty. Adam Ireland took the kick Fox saved it but it went straight back for Ireland to drive home. Tom Devine had a great chance to reduce the arrears on 65 minutes but made up for his miss a couple of minutes later to make it 3-2. There was no further scoring so Stonehouse are also through to the Semi-final.

Southmead CS Athletic v Hanham Athletic was postponed.

4th November 2017 - Ruardean win at Hanham

The game between Hanham Athletic and Ruardean Hill Rangers turned out to be a very uninspiring game with players from both sides more interested in disputing refereeing decisions and using foul language throughout. This was a very poor advert for County League Football.

Rangers Luke Brown was the first to get a shot on target after 5 minutes but fired straight at Max Heaven in the home goal. Then a minute later Luke Johnson hit his shot over the bar from 25 yards. Charley Mason had Heaven diving to his right to save from a 25 yard free kick. Rangers went ahead on 16 minutes with a great shot across the keeper from the left side of the box by Shaun Tingle. The visitors almost made it two on 26 minutes when Luke Brown sent a low cross into the Hanham 6 yard box which they managed to scramble clear at the second attempt. Hanham were given a great opportunity to level the score on 29 minutes from the penalty spot, Sam Brown took the kick Rangers keeper Aaron Underwood guessed right and pulled of a great save.

Rangers started brightly in the second half and Heaven brought off two really good saves to deny them a second goal. Hanham were given a second lifeline on 50 minutes when Underwood gave away a second penalty and this time Substitute George Latham hit a hard shot to the keepers left he did manage to get a hand on it but it nestle in the back of the net. Rangers Bobby Walding managed to bundle in a second goal in the 82nd minute for a 2-1 lead, in time added they hit the crossbar.

In the early kick off Lebeq United closed the gap at the top with a crushing 8-0 win over Southmead CS Athletic. The home side got off to a great start when Sheldon Sawyer gave them the lead after 3 minutes. A cracking 25 yard shot from Nathan Hall on 30 minutes made it 2-0. Elan Plummer then rounded a couple of defenders for the third and before half time poor defending by the visitors let in Ibrahima Sarr to make 4-0 at the break. Jordan Thaws misjudged cross by the visitor’s keeper increased the lead to five on 50 minutes. Southmead had the ball in the Lebeq net on the hour mark but it was ruled out for off-side. A second goal from Nathan Hall just made things worse for the visitors on 75 minutes with Twaine Plummer striding through the visitors defence to make it seven. A Christian Dacosta strike 3 minutes from the end making the final score 8-0.

Wick bounced back from their heavy defeat last week with a 3-1 success at home to Gala Wilton. It didn’t start very well when Gala took the lead on 5 minutes the home defence failed to stop Ryan Dobbins breaking clear to score. Gala keeper Dan Brabham brought off a good save to deny George Cryer on 20 minutes. The home side levelled the score on 29 minutes a long ball out to the flank from Jack Baber found Joe Thomas and his great cross into box was met by Danny Sheldon to make 1-1. Gala were unlucky when they saw their free kick from just outside the box strike the upright. Wick then went into the lead on 48 minutes a great strike from the edge of the box by Mike Hardiman. The home side sealed the points on 75 minutes when Tyler Dacres shot squeezed under the Gala keeper.

Broadwell Amateurs dented Thornbury Towns challenge for the title taking the three points with a 2-0 win. Not a lot happened in a pretty dull first 45 minutes the only action to speak about was a great save by home keeper Jamie Merry from Craig Lancastle. The fireworks started in the second half when the home side almost went ahead in the 46th minute but for a great save by the Thornbury keeper. Broadwell went ahead on 53 minutes when the visitors defence failed to clear a home attack the loose ball fell to Harry Williams to fire home. Liam Thomas was guilty of missing to glorious chance to put the home side clear before the second goal came along on 65 minutes with some good interchanging of passes before the ball was laid on for Williams who had his first shot saved but followed up to tuck the rebound away.

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

  • Stonehouse Town (Black/White) v Frampton United (Blue/White), Images courtesy Peter Langley

Patchway Town entertained local rivals Little Stoke on the back of their superb win last week must have been fancying their chances against the bottom team. But town had other ideas and although they lost the game 1-0 it was a much better performance. The home side only really created a couple of chances in the game with Liam Lloyd hitting the post and Sam Finn striking the crossbar. The only goal of the game came in the 28Th minute after Paul Noyse had brought down Sam Hill in the box, Hill then took the spot kick to score.

Kingswood went down 2-0 at home to AEK Boco who applied pressure right from the off. After several near misses they opened the scoring on 21 minutes when they gained possession sent a long ball through to Luke Basseng to fire past Fox. On 42 minutes keeper Fox pulled off a classic save to deny Boco a second but that only lasted a minute before a deep corner to the far post was headed in by Brad Wheadon.

Another local derby in the North of the County between Stonehouse Town and Frampton United end with a point each in a 3-3 draw. It took 30 minutes to open the scoring and it came from a good run down the flank by Liam Gale whose cross into the box was handled but fell to Adam Ireland to smash the ball home. 5 minutes into the second half Frampton drew level with a fine gaol from Ryan Vincent. Just 3 minutes later Gale was brought down on the edge of the Frampton box then got up took the free kick and smashed it into the Frampton net. The visitors levelled again on 79 minutes when Jonathan Lewis headed home at the near post. Just minutes later Liam Gale burst into the Frampton box was brought down for a penalty. Adam Ireland who had opened the scoring for Town took the kick and buried into the corner to make it 3-2. But Frampton hit back once more and Manolo Marquez Espada levelled once again from a corner. The home side then had two late chances to take the points first Warren Mann missed an open goal and then Luke Soule did exactly the same in time added.

Last but not least was the game that kicked off at 3pm between Rockleaze Rangers and Henbury. The visitors stormed into a 5-0 lead before the home side woke up. A Tom Palmer cross from the left on 5 minutes found George Loud to put Henbury 1-0 up and within 2 minutes that score-line double as Loud netted a second from an Adam Rosser low free kick. Rangers had their first chance on 12 minutes when a Marcus Williams cross was headed over by Dan Webb. It went from bad to worse on 20 minutes when Andy Dickinson made it 3-0. Then right on half time a corner from Jacob Hicks deceived all and dropped into the Rangers net. Two minutes into the second half Rangers Cameron Love whipped the ball into Marcus Williams but he turned the ball over the bar. On 51 minutes Henbury were 5-0 up when a good low cross from Jacob Hicks was finished off by Andy Dickinson. 7 minutes later Rangers woke up and Daniel Webb netted from a free kick on the edge of the box. On 60 minutes a Webb shot deflected to Marcus Williams to head a second. Rangers were on the up and a great shot from Daniel Webb made the score 5-3 to Henbury. Then the worst happened Ali Bowyer got himself sent off for throwing an elbow which meant the rhythm had gone and the game petered out.