29th September 2018 - Clapp header seals point for Hanham

Ron Holpin

A solitary goal from Hanham Athletic was enough to take all three points in their home game with Henbury. The visitors should have gone ahead after 4 minutes when Jensen Manning was brought down in the box, Manning took the penalty which was brilliantly saved by home keeper Mason Hawkins parrying the shot and then recovering to save again as they all rushed towards him he managed to deflect the ball over the bar for a corner. From that corner Henbury were rather unlucky as Ross Jones header crashed against the bar. A few minutes later Hanham’s Jack Fry was clear on goal but shot across the keeper and just the wrong side of the post. Athletic did take the lead on 16 minutes from a free kick that was floated into the box pushed back across goal and central defender Luke Clapp’s looping header went in at the far post. The home side were given several free kicks on the edge of the box but on both occasions Henbury keeper Dan Parsons was there to save. The keeper was in action again just before the break to save well from Tom Welling.

Most of the second half was played in midfield with neither side making any inroads until the last couple of minutes when Athletic’s Callum Carpenter tested Parsons with a crisp shot after cutting in form the left and right at the end Jamie Fry was clean through but pulled his shot wide.

Stonehouse Town took a 29th minute lead against league leaders Lebeq United when Luke Soule was upended in the box and Alex Kibble netted the resulting penalty. The visitors levelled the score on 37 minutes when Mitchell Page controlled the ball really well and drove a shot across home keeper Adam Clark and in of the post. Chris Earle broke through just before the break and almost restored the lead for town but poor finishing let him down. The second half was a poor 45 minutes with constant stoppages and arguing going on, but Lebeq snatched the three points in the 78th minute when Cameron Brown scored from the penalty spot.

Gala Wilton recorded their first win of the season with a 2-1 home success over fellow strugglers AEK Boco. The game was evenly balanced most of the first 45 minutes but the deadlock was broken in the 42nd minute when the ball was suddenly switched from the right to the left of the park where Frank Taylor-Fox latched onto it and smashed it past the oncoming keeper to put Boco one up. Gala were relieved in the 70th minute when a ball into the box was hit on the half volley by James Bowers and it found the back of the net through a crowd of players. The winner 10 minutes later came from Tom Dunford who shot from the left was misjudged by the Boco keeper and it finished up in the back of the net.

Rockleaze Rangers who are waiting to move to their new ground in November staged this home fixture with Hardwicke at Henbury. Rangers went ahead on 16 minutes from a cracking free kick from Jay Moore from just outside the box that found the roof of the Hardwicke net. Within a minute the visitors were level after great work down the flank by Pat Vernall his cross being turned in by Keiran Brice-Ingles. Rangers regained the lead on 38 minutes when Joe Weare fired past keeper Jacob Hobbs from around 12 yards. Rory Langdon’s powerful header from a corner just before the break gave Rangers a 3-1 lead at half time. Hardwicke were much the better side in the second half but were unable to find the way through the Rangers defence. Rangers Chairman would like to thank Henbury F.C for staging the match and Charlie Barron for his help.

Wick are keeping up their challenge for the title with a 3-1 win over today’s visitors Broadwell Amateurs. However, they left it late as Broadwell had taken a 1-0 lead on 20 minutes when Harry Williams headed past Joe Pople from a free kick. They had another great chance before the break but it went over the bar. Early in the second half Harry Williams latched on to a poor back pass but was unable to find the back of the Wick net. At the other end the visitor’s keeper Jamie Merry deflected a goal bound shot from Joe Thomas onto the crossbar. The home side did manage to level the score midway through the second half through Jordan Scott and 10 minutes from the end Sam Thomas curled his shot around the keeper and hit the inside of the post on it’s way in. Then 5 minutes later they sealed the three points when Joe Thomas scored with a shot that flew into the top corner.

Another game that involved teams in the lower half of the table Southmead CS Athletic were the visitors to Little Stoke. The home side missed several early chances and did the same thing at the start of the second half before they had the chance to take the lead from the penalty spot on 52 minutes. Fraser Robertson took the kick but it was brilliantly saved by the Southmead keeper to keep his side in the game. Just 2 minutes later Southmead broke away and the ball was squared across gaol for Ernesto Correia to slide the ball home. On 67 minutes Rob Sivers smashed the ball into the roof of the Stoke net to give Southmead a 2-0 lead and their first win of the season.

A 0-0 score-line between Patchway Town and Frampton United but the game was marred by three sending’s off, two for Patchway Town and one for Frampton. The home side were under some pressure by united and Manolo Espada missed a great chance in the 4th minute hitting the post and then Matt Webb and Ash Wells made two goal-line clearances for the home side. On 32 minutes Frampton were reduced to ten when Nathan Payne was sent off for an incident off the ball. Two minutes before the break Patchway’s Luke Garbacz also received his marching orders for a dangerous tackle. Then on 50 minutes Patchway’s Dan Bendall was dismissed for a second yellow card. A poor day for both teams.

22nd September 2018 - Hardwicke get the better of Southmead

Ron Holpin

A typical miserable wet day in September and our visit today was to Hardwicke where Southmead CS Athletic were staging their home game as their pitch at Pen Park was only passed fit this morning after the hot weather had opened up the surface and created numerous cracks. Southmead’s Ernesto Correia went close with a cracking left foot drive curled round from the right side of the box. At the other end Jamie Ractliffe’s shot was only just wide. On 15 minutes Hardwicke keeper brought off a good save to deny Remi Ferguson’s shot going in. On 22 minutes Southmead had the ball in the Hardwicke net but unfortunately it was ruled out for offside. With Southmead having the better of the play at this stage Hardwicke keeper Jacob Hobbs had to be at his best as pushed Ferguson’s shot around the post for a corner. On 29 minutes Southmead’s Leon Clayton-Clark had a good chance but shot wide. A couple of minutes later Jamil Choudhury also missed a great chance. With the home side making most of the play it came as a big shock in the 34th minute when a ball into the centre just outside the Southmead box was misjudged by central defender John Henson when the ball bounced over his head and Will Matthews pounced to hit his shot into the left bottom corner striking the post on its way in. A second goal on 41 minutes for Hardwicke came from a nice bit of skill by Jamie Ractliffe rounding the Southmead defender before squeezing the ball in from a tight angle. The two goals had upset the home side and they lost their earlier rhythm.

At the start of the second half Southmead keeper Alvin Quayle made a tremendous save to deny Hardwicke a third goal and he brought of another save a few minutes later to deny Tobie Webb. Southmead pulled a goal back on 57 minutes with some really good build up with the final touch being applied by Remi Ferguson. Home keeper Hobbs then fisted away a curling free kick from Leon Clayton-Clark, but with all their effort they succumbed to a third goal in the 89th minute after some good interchanging of passes between Matthews and Webb the latter got the final shot past Quale.

Frampton United move up into second place with a 2-1 victory at home to Henbury. Ryan Vincent had the first chance to open the scoring after 20 minutes but failed to get his lobbed effort over Henbury keeper Cameron Tarr. The visitors then created several half chances but failed to put them away. A minute into the second half Tarr made a tremendous save to deny Manolo Espada’s shot opening the scoring. The visitors took the lead on 74 minutes Ross Jones heading in from a corner, but 2 minutes later the home side were level as Nathan Dennis passed to Nathan Payne to cross the ball into the box for Ryan Vincent to turn in. Then with just 3 minutes left the home side grabbed the winner when Manolo Espada smashed home Ryan Vincent’s cross.

Patchway Town ended Hanham Athletic’s little run of success with a 3-0 victory at Scott Park. The home side took the lead after just 3 minutes from a Dan Bendall cross that was tapped in by Phil Vice. Vice made it 2-0 on 42 minutes from a short corner that was pushed back to him to fire home in off the post. The third and final goal came on 80 minutes when Sam Finn broke through the Hanham defence looked up and saw Dan Bendall unmarked and squared the ball across for Bendall to make it 3-0. The visitors struggled through out the game and never really threatened the home side goal.

AEK Boco v Broadwell Amateurs, both teams started the day with just 1 point to their names so far this season. A collision between Boco’s keeper and a defender saw the ball break to Liam Thomas to put the Amateurs one up after just 2 minutes. 5 Minutes into the second half Boco were awarded a penalty after Cash Vinall was brought down. Vinall took the penalty but smashed it over the bar. Broadwell went 2-0 up on 65 minutes when a break down the right by Kristian Burnard saw his cross turned in by Harry Williams. Just 5 minutes later the home side pulled a goal back when Sam Hippisley netted from a corner. Broadwell were reduced to ten men on 78 minutes when Burnard was dismissed for a reckless challenge. The home side pushed hard but the visitors held tight to gain their first win of the season.

Gala Wilton cannot seem to get a win even though their performances have been quite good. They failed again today going down 2-0 at home to Wick. The visitors went one up on 11 minutes when home keeper came rushing off his line to try and shut down the advancing striker but he slipped the ball across to Shaun Morris and he had the temerity to lob the ball over a number of Gala defenders into an empty net. Gala had several good chances to get on level terms but the equaliser eluded them and then late on Wick scored a second volleyed in by Grant Hewitt. The home side pushed hard but were unable to break through a stubborn Wick defence.

At Little Stoke where today’s visitors were Rockleaze Rangers the score-line changed hands on three occasion with Rangers running out 3-2 winners at the end. Rangers got off the mark after 90 seconds when Dan Webb scored with a simple tap in. Jordan Yeo equalised for the home side on 30 minutes with a cross come shot that dropped into the far side of the net. A 20 yard shot from Luke Sperring on 37 minutes put the home side 2-1 up at the break, but another simple tap in by Dan Webb on 65 minutes made the score 2-2. Webb completed his hat-trick in the 84th minute breaking into the box and firing his shot into the bottom corner.

GFA Challenge Trophy Rd 1

Ruardean Hill Rangers are into the second round after beating Toolstation Division 1 side Longwell Green Sports 3-1. The home side had a great chance after 2 minutes to take the lead but a last ditch tackle denied Luke Johnson. Sports took the lead on 15 minutes when Hayden Coghlan won a 50/50 ball with home keeper Underwood to slip the ball into an empty net. On 25 minutes Luke Brown saw his free kick pushed away by the Sports keeper. However Rangers did level the score in the 60th minute as Dan Mason’s cross was turned into his own net by a Sports defender. On 83 minutes Rangers were in front and yet another slice of luck as Luke Brown’s attempted cross was also turned into the Sports net for a second own goal. Luke Brown sealed the game late on when he ran through and lobbed the ball over the Sports keeper.

15th September 2018 - Stonehouse hold on to beat Gala Wilton

Ron Holpin

Stonehouse Town kept up their challenge for the title with a 2-1 win at home to Gala Wilton, but they did not have it all their own way as the visitors looked dangerous on occasions but failed with their finishing. It took until the 19th minute to open the scoring and it went to the home side. Town were awarded a free kick on the left side of the halfway line wich was taken by Tom Palmer who swept the ball to the far side of the Gala 18 yard box where Dan Martin picked it up and drove a cracking low shot across Gala keeper Lewis Skyers into the far corner. A long ball up to Gala’s Dorian Colling saw the striker hit a good shot on goal but it went straight to Adam Clark in the home goal. Then Clark pushed away a Danny Knight header on target and a few minutes later a good through ball from Colling for Jay Dare to run onto almost brought a goal but Clark snatched the ball from his toe.

Gala had a good chance on 51 minutes when a well worked ball across goal found Danny Knight but he shot wide. On 55 minutes Stonehouse increased their lead when Callum Hooke worked his way down the left sent the ball into the box and Luke Soule turned and knocked the ball past Skyers. Home keeper Clark then had to push away a goal bound shot and a minute later after a good move by the visitors Dorian Colling fired over the bar. It was the visitors who were putting the pressure on and saw their next attempt on goal cleared off the line. The visitors almost got a freak goal as Skyers long punt up field cleared everyone and with Clark back pedalling almost let the ball over his head but it just cleared the bar. Luke Soule had a great chance to make it three for the home side on 80 minutes but with a clear shot on goal saw his shot well saved by the Gala keeper. In the 86th minute Alex Pritchard’s long cross to the far post was met by Kyle Bakewell but he headed wide. At the other end Luke Barstow was unlucky when his header from a corner struck the upright. In the 88th minute Gala were awarded a penalty when Ben Langworth brought down Peter Boyle in the box. Charlie Webb took the kick but Clark brought off a great save. For all their effort Gala managed to scored a late goal when a break down the left saw a good shot on goal from Mark Edwards deflected off Tom Palmer leaving Clark in the home goal no chance.

Goals galore at Ruardean Hill Rangers where today’s visitors were league leaders Lebeq United. Rangers took a very early lead when Shaun Tingle latched onto a poor back pass but within minutes Lebeq were level from a Fabian McCarthy strike. The visitors then took the lead on 15 minutes when James Hall’s free kick thundered into the Rangers net. Rangers pulled it back all square on the half hour when Luke Johnsons shot rebounded to Stuart Cornwell-Boote to hammer home. The visitors were a little lucky to retake the lead when Steve Coombes deflected the ball past his own keeper. A quick one two saw Cameron Brown increase the score to 4-2 to the visitors and then Tom Collett made it 5-2. Luke Johnson then chipped the keeper to pull a goal back for Rangers and a brilliant overhead kick from Stuart Cornwell-Boote made it 5-4. The visitors managed to see out the rest of the game to go home with the three points and remain the only team unbeaten this season.

Wick lost their unbeaten start going down 2-0 to today’s visitor’s Patchway Town. The home side started well and Luke Withey’s 25 yard shot tested the Patchway keeper. Home keeper Joe Pople saved well from Patchway’s Dan Bendall on 30 minutes and was in action again shortly afterwards. Wick’s Jordan Scoot had his goal-bound shot from just inside the box well blocked by the Patchway defence. Bendall was causing some problems for the home side and Pople again had to make a save to deny the striker. At the other end Jordan Scott’s header went just wide of the upright. The opening goal came courtesy of a bad mistake in the home defence in the second half allowed Bendall to break free and square the ball for Brandon Benjamin to slide home. The Patchway keeper then saved well from a Sam Thomas effort to deny the home side getting onto level terms. The home side were then reduced to ten men when Dan Sheldon received a red card for an off the ball incident. Patchway sealed the points in the 85th minute when Dan Bendall nipped past two Wick defenders to fire the ball past Pople.

Broadwell Amateurs are struggling to get their season started and they failed again today going down 2-0 at home to Frampton United. Both goals came in the first 45 minutes with the visitors showing their intentions right from the off. Home keeper Jamie merry was called into action in the second minute having to push the ball clear. Frampton went ahead after 13 minutes from a corner sent over from the left that found the unmarked Sean Lawson to head past Merry. it was 2-0 after 25 minutes when an inch perfect pass from Manolo Espada found Ryan Vincent to hit the ball over Merry. The home side did fair a little better in the second half and Liam Thomas went close with a shot that just cleared the bar. The home side tried their best but were unable to break down a very stubborn Frampton defence.

GFA Challenge Trophy Rd 1

The league had five Clubs involved into today’s games with two games ending in draws and going to penalties to decide the winners.

AEK Boco did not need penalties to decide the outcome as they entertained Cam Bulldogs from the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League. The home side practically controlled the game from start to finish and took the lead n 17 minutes when Joe Reeves headed home at the far post from a Cash Vinall free kick. It was 2-0 on 25 minutes Owen McCallum volleying home at the far post from Josh Browns right wing cross. Joe Reeves netted his second on 51 minutes rifling home from the edge of the box. A shot from the edge of the box on 70 minutes was saved by the Cam keeper but the rebound was picked up by Josh Brown to make it 4-0. Late in the game Liam Jacques brought of a great save to deny cam a late goal.

Henbury go through after winning 4-1 on penalties after a thrilling 3-3 draw at home to Rockleaze Rangers. George Loud missed a chance for the home side in the 1tst minute and 9 minutes later Rockleaze opened the scoring after a mix up in the home defence Jay Moore lobbed keeper Cameron Tarr. Gary Phillips then missed a good chance for Rangers and Henbury’s Adam Rosser struck the crossbar from 35 yards. Henbury levelled on 27 minutes when Andy Dickinson sent Luke Cox clear to fire past keeper Lewis Brodie. Henbury went in front on 35 minutes from a long ball out of defence by Ross Johnson that was picked up by Andy Dickinson to slip the ball past the keeper. 3 minutes later the home side had a 3-1 lead as Dickinson broke into the box he was brought down by Nick Jones and Ross Johnson scored from the spot. First minute of the second half Henbury’s Ed Wright cleared off the line from Rory Langdon’s shot. On 51 minutes Rangers Gary Phillips broke clear to make it 3-2. Then on 55 minutes Langdon headed home from a corner to level the score. Both sides had further chances but it remained 3-3 after 90 minutes.

Hardwicke were winning 3-1 at one stage but Little Stoke hit back to make it 3-3 after 90 minutes but the home side went through winning 4-3 on penalties.

8th September 2018 - Little Stoke and Wick draw blanks

Ron Holpin

Little Stoke’s first home game of the season should have brought them three points because they created all the chances whilst today’s visitors Wick failed to test home keeper Ollie Jones throughout the 90 minutes.

Wick did have some shooting chances but they were all off target, but it was Stoke’s Jesse Owen who brought Wick keeper Joe Pople into the game after 13 minutes with a powerful shot that he pushed away for a corner. A free kick on the left side of the Wick box from Jordan Yeo was half cleared but Owens shot went over the top. A cross from Alex Hill to Yeo at the far post looked a good chance to open the scoring but Yeo’s shot was well blocked. A corner from the left from Yeo saw Luke Meacham’s header fly just past the post. Just before the break anther Yeo corner from the left found Lewis Hedges on the far post but his header was well saved by Pople. Pople had been outstanding in the first half but almost gave the home side the chance to score in the 52 minute with a poor clearance but as Stoke broke into the box the keeper made amends. The best chance of the game came in the 66th minute when Wick’s Kieren Hutson handled in the box and Stoke had a penalty. Luke Henderson lined up to take the kick but his shot was brilliantly saved by Pople to keep his side in the game. The only other really good chance came in the 83rd minute when Luke Meacham’s 30 yard drive cannoned off the cross bar and was cleared. No goals and the visitors will no doubt be happier as they did not concede and went away with a point.

Frampton United and Lebeq United met for a second week running only this time it was a top two affair in the league. One goal was enough to seal this game for Lebeq. Frampton had the first chance to score on 3 minutes when Shaun Lawson’s shot was well saved by keeper Amin Jones. Lebeq’s Cameron Brown saw his goal-bound free kick deflected over the bar on 26 minutes. Frampton’s Ryan Vincent then saw his effort go just wide of the post just before the break. Lebeq scored in the 50th minute when Tom Collett found the back of the net after a scramble in the box. Lebeq keeper Amin Jones then kept his goal intact with a fine save from Matt Cook and near the end Ryan Vincent was unlucky when his shot struck the upright.

Stonehouse Town’s successful visit to Patchway Town saw them take the 3 points with a 3-1 win that moved them up into second place in the table. They showed their intentions in the early stages when Luke Soule headed over from close range after 9 minutes. It took just 15 minutes for the visitors to take the lead and it came from a free kick just outside the box that Alex Kibble took and curled the ball around the wall into the bottom corner. Four minutes later it was 2-0 as Will Hayward broke down the right crossed to the far post where Luke Soule was waiting to tap home. Patchway hit back on 36 minutes when Phil Vice looked to be chasing a lost cause but caused some confusion in the Stonehouse defence and the ball broke nicely for Josh Morris to slide home. Stonehouse’s Andy Simpson was unlucky when his shot hit the post following a corner, but on 54 minutes the visitors grabbed a third goal after they broke quickly down the right and Tim William’s cross was turned in by Luke Soule to complete his double.

Hanham Athletic look to have turned the corner from losing their first three games have now completed three wins on the trot. Their game at Kingswood today ended in a 4-1 win after falling behind in the 20th minute to a Craig Brown goal. Max Barker levelled the score a few minutes later before George Cryer gave the visitor’s the lead on 27 minutes. Tom Welling made it 3-1 in the 60th minute and Cryer netted his second in the 66th minute.

AEK Boco have yet to find their feet this season and in a game of two halves did their best to come back from a three goal deficit in the first 45 minutes but eventually lost 3-2 to today’s visitors Hardwicke. Will Matthews gave the visitors the lead on 20 minutes with a well struck shot into the bottom corner. Ten minutes later it was 2-0 when Craig Beaton’s powerful header beat home keeper Liam Jacques. 3 minutes before the break the home side found themselves trailing 3-0 when a long diagonal ball was headed back across goal and Rob Hine slid in to push the ball home. The home side hit back in the second half and pulled a goal back after 50 minutes a good goal scored by Scott Woodman who turned on the edge of the box to drive the ball home. Just 5 minutes later they scored again and this time a low ball across goal saw the visitor’s keeper scrambling to get to the ball but Alex Patterson popped up to slide the ball in. Boco pushed hard to try and level but the Hardwicke defence stood firm.

Just one goal at Ruardean Hill Rangers where today’s visitors were Henbury. Both Clubs have started the season well but this was the first defeat for the visitors. Henbury started the game well having a lot more of the possession, but it was the home side who tested the visitors keeper first after 15 minutes a 25 yard Luke Brown free kick was pushed away for a corner. Henbury’s Caelan Simpson missed a real good chance to put them ahead on 30 minutes heading over the bar. Just before the break Luke Brown picked up a loose ball drifted past three Henbury defenders before poking the ball home from just inside the box. Henbury squandered a good chance on 70 minutes as Jensen Manning fired past the post. Then just before the end Simpson had a great chance to level for Henbury but pulled his shot wide.

Gala Wilton created several really good chances in the first 33 minutes of this game against Rockleaze Rangers. Charlie Webb was clear on goal but his shot was deflected onto the post by the Rangers keeper. Charlie Agg went clear on goal but took to long making up his mind and the ball was nipped of his toe. On 33 minutes a long throw into the Rangers box was only half cleared and Mark Edwards shot was deflected wide. Against the run of play Rangers grabbed the lead on 35 minutes a throw in found its way into the box and Dan Webb hit the ball home. In the 56th minute Mark Edwards through ball to Charlie Agg found the striker unable to control it and another chance was gone. At the other end Webb had a good chance to score a second for Rangers but shot wide. On 78 minutes Rangers went two up and it came courtesy of a little luck after the first shot at goal was blocked the ball fell to Dan Matthews who looked offside but carried on to slot the ball home. The home side pushed hard but could not find the break through they needed.

The fixture between Southmead CS Athletic and Broadwell Amateurs was postponed after the Referee deemed that the pitch was unfit.

1st September 2018 - Stonehouse late show makes Rockleaze pay the penalty for missed chances

Ron Holpin

Les James League Cup 1st round sponsored by Boca Teamwear

A break from league action today with the 1st Round of the Les James League Cup taking place.

Last minute drama at Oldends Lane where Rockleaze Rangers had been leading 1-0 against hosts Stonehouse Town when The hosts levelled to send the tie into penalties.

Rangers must be rueing the thre or four chances that they missed in the first half that would almost certainly guaranteed them a place in the second round. Joe Weare headed over the bar after just 40 seconds from just 8 yards out. The home side had a free kick on 5 minutes that Andy Simpson put wide of the target. Then Alex Kibblee’s long range shot went just over. Rangers were unlucky in the 23rd minute when a long ball was pumped across to the right looking for Rangers Jay Moore but full-back Callum Hooke just managed to deflect the ball out for a corner. Just a minute later Rangers were in front and it came from the right a great cross from Moore found the head of Dan Webb to guide the ball over the outstretched hands of keeper Adam Clark. At the other end the home side were unlucky when Luke Soule’s well struck shot cannoned of the crossbar. Jay Moore made space to fire at goal but it went straight to Clark in the home goal. On 43 minutes Rangers should have scored again when Joe Weare robbed the ball of Stonehouse defender Andy Simpson cross into a completely unmarked Dan Webb who decided to hammer the ball instead of placing it past Clark from 8 yards and it flew over the bar. A minute later Clark saved really well from a Dan Webb header again the cross coming from Moore. Then right on half time Clark brought off a great save to deny Mark Ridgeway’s header going in.

The home side started well in the second half and Alex Kibbles 20 yard shot was well saved by keeper Lewis Broadie. Will Hayward missed a good chance for the home side on 60 minutes heading wide. Rangers Freddie Short then hit a free kick straight at Clark. After weathering the home side attacks Rangers had a brief spell after making several changes attacking the home goal. A 25 yard shot from Gary Phillips was well saved by Clark then Rory Langdon’s had a great chance but again shot straight at the keeper. Will Hayward’s volley went wide of the target on 89 minutes but then came that last gasp goal from the home side when a cross from the right found Luke Barstow and his header went back across goal for the equalising goal. The referee played at least another 4 minutes in which the home side pushed hard but the score finished all square at 1-1.

Unfortunately it was not Rangers day when it came to taking penalties as Stonehouse scored with their first but Rangers missed. The home side netted a second Rangers levelled The home side made it 3-1 and then Rangers missed a second that meant if Stonehouse could net their fourth they would go through. The ball wizzed into the net so it will be Stonehouse in the next round.

Lebeq United were drawn at home to Frampton United the top two teams in the table to fight it out for a place in the second round. The first half an hour saw an even contest then in the 32nd minute Frampton took the lead with a well worked move down the right and the cross into the box found Kris Bulley to tap the ball in. 2 minutes into the second half the visitors went 2-0 up when Lebeq lost possession and Manolo Espada slammed the ball home from the edge of the box. A bad defensive mistake by the home side allowed Manolo Espada to make it 3-0 with a well taken headed goal. James Hall popped up in the box in the 54th minute to head a goal back for the home side but with all there pushing they failed to break the Frampton defence down and go out of the Cup losing 3-1.

In the local derby AEK Boco v Wick the home side go through on penalties after the score at 90 minutes finished 2-2. Boco took 5 minute lead when Frank Taylor-Fox headed in a Owen McCallum cross. McCallum was also involved in the second goal scored on 36 minutes as his cross was well struck by Taylor- Fox but was parried by the Wick keeper and Cash Vinall was on hand to drive it home. Straight from the restart a long range shot from Wick’s Shaun Morris caught home keeper Liam Jacques out and the ball flew over his head into the net. In the 53 rd minute Wick were reduced to ten men but they hit back to level the score on 80 minutes Sam Thomas collecting a through ball rounding several home defenders before firing a low shot into the bottom corner. The game went to a penalty shoot out and with home keeper Liam Jacques making two saves Boco progress to the next round winning 4-3 on penalties.

Kingswood v Little Stoke had to be moved to Henbury because Kingswood’s pitch was unavailable and Little Stokes pitch is unfit. Little Stoke progress to the second round with two goals in the second half the first coming from Jordan Yeo on 58 minutes and the second on 72 minutes scored by Jack Burgess.

Henbury continue their good form and go through to the next round with a 1-0 win at Broadwell Amateurs. Adam Rosser’s volley was well saved by keeper Jamie Merry in the home goal and for the home side Liam Thomas’s good run ended with the player firing wide of the target. The only goal of the game came in the 82nd minute a shot that struck the corner of the bar and rebounded straight to Harvey Moran to drive home. A free kick near the end after Henbury’s keeper picked the ball up after he had dropped it to the floor saw a Kristiam Burnard shot fly over the bar.

Hanham Athletic progress to the next round with a great win 3-2 over today’s opponents Hardwicke. Tom Welling gave the home side the lead on with a half volley from the edge of the box on 43 minutes. Early in the second half the home side were living dangerously as two scrambled efforts from Hardwicke failed to end up in the back of the home net. Hardwicke levelled the score on the hour mark Shaun Smith heading home. They were unlucky 10 minutes later when James Ractliffe struck the Hanham post. A minute later they were in the lead when Wiil Matthews chested the ball over the line. Then came the two late goals from George Cryer the first on 84 minutes a shot from the edge of the box and the winner 3 minutes later a header from 6 yards.

Ruardean Hill Rangers are through after a 2-1 win at home to Patchway Town. A Steve Coombs cross found Luke Johnson to score from an acute angle to put the home side in the lead on 20 minutes. Patchway then saw a looping header drop onto the top of the net 5 minutes into the second half but just 3 minutes later they were on level terms Ash Wells finding the back of the Rangers net. Rangers grabbed the winner in the 66th minute thanks to good play from Luke Johnson and Kane Fellows who set up Shaun Tingle to score.

A topsy tervey game at Gala Wilton where the visitors were Southmead CS Athletic the result after 90 minutes was 3-3. Gala went into the break with a 3-0 lead after Craig Powell had given them the lead on 15 minutes from the penalty spot. Jay Dare made it 2-0 on 27 minutes tapping in from a free kick. A ball played over the top of the visitors defence in the 38th minute allowed Kyle Bakewell to make it three. The visitors hit back on 50 minutes Otis Francis finding the back of the net then on 57 minutes a second with a brilliant individual goal from Aiyetoro Hinds. A 20 yard free kick from Leon Clayton-Clark made it all square and the tie was decided from the penalty spot with Gala going through 3-1.