News and Match Reports

4th May 2019 - 50th Anniversary Match - Marcliff Gloucestershire County League 1 Toolstation Western League 4

Harry Madge

In a fixture staged to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Gloucestershire County League, a side comprising of players from across the league were defeated by a strong Toolstation Western League representative team.

The Western League side dominated the initial exchanges but did fall behind to a spectacular Nathan Hall free kick. Nick Beaverstock’s side responded immediately through Adam Wright who then doubled his and his side’s tally before the break.

The second half was a fairly tight affair but as the game entered its final minutes, the Western League side added a third and then a fourth through Tom Knighton and Douglas Cammilo to seal a deserved win.

Wick FC’s Mike Strawford led the Glos County League side for the second time this season, and he selected players from nine of the league’s 15 clubs for the game at the home of Stonehouse Town.

Nick Beaverstock of Welton Rovers managed the Western League side, which included five representatives from Toolstation Western League Division 1 champions Keynsham Town.

After a scrappy opening five minutes, the first chance of the game fell to the Toolstation side. Toby Cole met Harley Purnell’s driven corner at the front post, but his glancing header flashed wide.

Moments later, Cole went close again, this time dragging his volley just wide after he had raced clear of the Glos County side’s back four.

The Toolstation side maintained their pressure, and with 18 minutes played they again went close to an opener. Another Purnell corner was driven out to Adam Wright whose fierce volley failed to test Steve Sparrow in goal.

Despite having to withstand heavy pressure, it was actually Strawford’s Glos County side that took the lead with 25 minutes on the clock. After Danny Webb was hauled down 25-yards from goal, Nathan Hall took ownership of the resulting free-kick and fired it over the wall and past Adam Clatworthy.

The lead was short-lived however and just five minutes later the Toolstation outfit leveled the scores. Purnell, who continued to pull the strings from centre midfield, sprayed a precise ball over the top for Wright who this time made no mistake, drilling the ball into the bottom corner.

Now looking to take full control of the fixture, Keynsham Town’s Purnell then almost turned scorer but his strike from a narrow angle cannoned back off the post.

With half-time fast approaching, the Glos County side had a golden opportunity to reclaim an unlikely lead. Strawford’s side’s relentless pressing saw Edward Bamfo win possession in the final third, but his whipped cross into the box was just too high for the unmarked Webb.

That missed chance would prove costly though, and with only two minutes of the half remaining the impressive Wright added his and his side’s second. The front man sped onto Jack Miluk’s cross and curled an unstoppable shot past the sprawling Sparrow to give the Toolstation side a 2-1 lead at the break.

The start of the second half maintained a similar pattern to the first but despite Wright, Miluk and Tom Knighton fashioning half chances, the Toolstation side could not add to their one goal lead.

The Gloucester County rep side did still carry a threat on the break, though. Some last ditch defending by substitute Luke Ingram was the only thing that stood in the way of Hall adding a routine second. From the resulting corner, Alex Kibble’s corner struck the bar but dropped just short of an onrushing Webb.

A slightly low-key period ensued but in the 75th minute the game exploded back into life as the Western League representatives extended their lead. Substitute Knighton latched onto a Douglas Camillo through ball, rounded Sparrow and coolly slotted into an empty net.

Minutes later Camillo scored his side’s fourth to seal a comprehensive victory. The Western League outfit was awarded a free-kick just outside the box when Purnell was hacked down on his way into the box. Camillo then stepped up and nonchalantly placed the ball into the bottom corner despite the best efforts of Sparrow in the Glos County League goal.

With victory already sealed, Wright had the opportunity to seal his hattrick with mere minutes left but with only Sparrow to beat the striker surprisingly blazed his shot over the bar.

The final minutes of the celebratory fixture played out without incident as the Western League side ran out 4-1 winners despite the valiant efforts of the representative side from the Gloucestershire County League.

Attendance : 90

Image Gallery available Here in higher quality

28th April 2019 - Little Stoke lift Les James Cup sponsored by Boca Teamwear - AEK Boco 0 Little Stoke 0 (1-4 on pens)

Jon Palmer

LITTLE Stoke lifted the Les James Gloucestershire County League Cup after a 4-1 penalty shoot-out triumph over AEK Boco on Sunday afternoon.

An ill-tempered final finished goalless after 90 minutes in front of a competition record attendance of 420 gathered at Wick FC’s Oldbury Lane ground.

Goalkeeper Ollie Jones was the hero for Little Stoke, saving two penalties to ensure his team finished the season with some silverware.

They also exacted revenge for their 1-0 league defeat by Boco a week earlier.

Jones kept out efforts from Scott Robson and Jack Mills after Casey Woodman had scored Boco’s opening penalty.

Russ Church, former Bristol Rovers and Bath City man Lewis Hogg and Khalil Lamir were all successful for Little Stoke, leaving it to winger Jordan Yeo to convert the decisive spot kick and spark joyous celebrations.

Ash Cole’s Little Stoke, who finished eighth in the County League, looked the more likely winners on the day against 2012 Les James Cup winners AEK Boco, who ended the season in 12th place.

There were several altercations and pushing and shoving, with no seemingly no love lost between the two Bristol-based sides.

Little Stoke’s best efforts during the first half came from midfielder Kieran Williams, who fired one attempt over the bar, had one well blocked in the box and sent another just wide after a ball in from Yeo on the right was cleared to him.

Boco had a rare sight of goal in the 67th minute when substitute Saunders raced through, but he lost his footing before he could get a shot away.

Jack Burgess’ shot cleared the bar at the other end a minute later.

The highest quality piece of action in open play came when teenage goalkeeper Liam Jacques made a superb diving save to his left, turning Church’s shot around the post in the 82nd minute.

AEK Boco: L Jacques, S Hippisley, J Mills, L Powell, C Woodman, A Shopland, H Sealey, L Nash, S Robson, C Vinall, F Taylor. Subs: J Reeves, J Brown, F Taylor-Fox, J Saunders, J Beardwell.

Little Stoke: O Jones, D Matthews, A Hill, M Price, J Burgess, T O’Loughlin, L Hogg, K Williams, L Meacham, J Yeo, R Church. Subs: R Hedges, H Goldspink, L Spearing, K Lamir, J Bright.

Referee: Sam Fudge.

Attendance: 420.

Captains and Officials
Captains and Match Officials - Image Courtesy of Hilary Isaac

Little Stoke Cup Winners
Little Stoke Les James Cup Winners 2018/19 - Image Courtesy of Hilary Isaac

Cup Presentation
Rob Boyd (Managing Director - Boca Teamwear) presents the cup to Little Stoke Captain Matt Price - Image Courtesy of Hilary Isaac

Image Gallery available Here in higher quality

25th April 2019 - Southmead waiting on relegation decision

Simon Parkinson

SOUTHMEAD CS Athletic are licking their wounds after hitting bottom spot in the dying embers of an enthralling Marcliff Gloucestershire County League programme.

In what had effectively become a straight race between them and Gala Wilton to stay up, it was the jubilant Gloucester-based outfit who handed themselves the best possible chance of survival as they came away from Les James League Cup finalists Little Stoke with a surprise 2-0 win, to lift themselves off the floor and push their Southmead rivals down into hot relegation danger in the act.

Kingswood effectively became one of two potential clubs to go down this season when they withdrew from the league.

That ultimately left Gala and Southmead scrapping it out in a last-ditch bid to stay off the foot of the table and despite the Bristol side themselves winning their final game in defeating fellow strugglers Hanham Athletic 1-0 at home, Gala’s better six-goal difference proved decisive as both teams concluded their campaigns with 13 points.

Whether Southmead, who are well used to successful rescue acts after years of occupying the bottom two places, are granted yet another stay of execution, or returned to the lower levels for the first time since 2012 when they rose to the County League for the first time as Bristol and Suburban League champions, only time will tell.

It has certainly been a struggle this term with a raft of club officials and management exiting Jarratts Road to leave a threadbare committee fighting to keep heads above water.

Long-serving secretary Neil Graham did consider his own position, although he revealed: “I’ve had a chat with the club and I’m going to stay now, irrespective of which league we play in next season.

"I’m also hopeful John Henson and his assistant Rob Cumberbatch will stay too along with the core of our players.

"We’re in the hands of the FA but if we do go down, it could be a blessing in disguise from a financial aspect. We’d then look to regroup and build back up again.

“Obviously it’s been disappointing to finish up bottom, especially after beating Hanham in our final game.

"Really, though, we should have had enough points in the bag earlier in the season to ensure we weren’t in this position."

Graham watched on a forlorn figure as relegation rivals Gala overcame Little Stoke with that 2-0 weekend win.

"I was there keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed!” he smiled ruefully.

"Gala were very quick out of the blocks, scoring with a penalty in the first minute and a second five minutes later.

"Every time Gala went forward they looked as though they’d score although Little Stoke were the better side in the second half."

While Southmead are sweating over their immediate future, the County League programme continues over the next few days with all other key issues decided, including Lebeq United’s title triumph which they hope will take them into the Toolstation Western League. The season ends with the Les James League Cup final at Wick’s Oldbury Lane facility on Sunday, April 28 (2.30pm).

20th April 2019 - Lebeq United Champions 2018/1919

Lebeq United - League Champions

Cliff Orchard (Managing Director Marcliff) presents the Trophy to Twaine Plummer the Lebeq United Captain

Cliff Orchard (Managing Director Marcliff) with Champions Lebeq United

Lebeq United - League Champions

Image Gallery available Here in higher quality

20th April 2019 - Hardwicke finish season with win over Wick

Ron Holpin

Just three fixtures in today’s programme with one left to play on Easter Monday to complete the league programme for this season.

Hardwicke’s last game of the season saw the visit of Wick to Green Lane playing fields. Sam Thomas had the first attempt on goal for Wick after 8 minutes blocked and cleared away. Then on 18 minutes they took the lead with a rather fortuitous goal. Dan Sheldon drove a long free kick from the right into the box, there was a lot of movement by the players the ball bounced and unsighted keeper Jacob Hobbs until the very last moment, he lunged at the ball got his hands to it but it travelled on into the net for an own goal. Just a minute later Wick should have scored a second as Sam Thomas sent in a really dangerous cross to the far post where Grant Hewitt failed to connect and only 4 yards out from goal. Hardwicke’s first attempt on goal came from centre-back Rob Hine who fired his shot wide from 20 yards. Kieran Brice-Ingles had a good chance for the home side but he headed just over following a great cross into the box. Just before the break Ryan Barrett struck a superb 35-yard drive at the Wick goal but it just cleared the bar.

In the 52nd minute a great ball from Max Barker to Joe Thomas saw the striker twist and turn the home defence before hitting his shot goal-wards but Hobbs saved well. Hardwicke manager Richard Mansell’s half-time talk must have been something special as the home side looked a lot more interested in the second half and equalised on 54 minutes from a great cross into the box from Ryan Barrett that found Will Matthews who out jumped the Wick keeper Mark White to head into an empty net. A free kick from the left by Joe Thomas in the 57th minute was pushed away by Hobbs as look as though it might have dropped into the net. The home side forced several corners in succession but they were well defended by Wick. The winning goal came in the 80th minute from a long ball down the left for Hardwicke it was pushed in side to the unmarked Will Higgins who then hit a superb 35-yard pile driver past Wick keeper White. Sam Thomas had one more mazy run for the visitors but his shot was well saved by Hobbs. Right at the end Wick manager Mike Strawford brought himself on for the last minute that lasted more than five and it told.

Henbury gained a very good 2-0 win over Stonehouse Town at Arnell Drive and will finish their season on Monday when they visit Wick for the very last league game of the season. The first 20 minutes was very even in very hot conditions but in the 29th minute Henbury were almost gifted a goal by Stonehouse’s Lee Keveren when he sliced a ball from Dav Martin onto his own crossbar. Stonehouse had a great chance to take the lead on 32 minutes when Joe Williams broke clear but then came up against keeper Cameron Tarr and pulled his shot wide. At the other end a Jack Mills past into Harvey Moran was also wasted as he pulled his shot wide as well. Henbury’s Aaron Elliott got clear of the Stonehouse defence tried to lob keeper Will Pedrick but did not quite get it right and Pedrick gathered the ball. Henbury took the lead on 44 minutes when Harvey Moran broke from the halfway line and fired the ball past keeper Pedrick from 12 yards. The visitors should have levelled right on half time but Dawid Regula headed over from 5 yards. The home side made it 2-0 on 70 minutes following two successive corners and from the second Pedrick tried to punch clear but George Loud was on hand to score from close range. One last chance for the visitors to open their account came in the 85th minute when Tim Williams broke clear got to the edge of the box but failed to get the ball past keeper Tarr.

AEK Boco v Little Stoke what a coincidence this fixture should fall just a week before they play each other in the Les James League Cup Final at Wick next Sunday. Little Stoke opened the better side and were presented with a free kick after 5 minutes that was pumped into the box where it was met by Tim O’Loughlin but he directed his header over the bar. Boco’s first effort on goal came from a long punt up field by keeper Liam Jacques that was picked up by Cash Vinall on the halfway headed for goal but struggled to control the bouncing ball and saw his shot drift wide of the target. On 36 minutes Frank Taylor-Fox got into a great scoring position but then saw his shot well saved by keeper Jones. A couple of minutes later Cash Vinall found himself in the same position but he two shot straight at Jones. Boco were having the better of the play at this stage and on 43 minutes Frank Taylor-Fox whipped a cross into the box from the left but Harrison Kyte’s header drifted wide. Boco took the lead on 55 minutes, a long throw from Joe Reeve that was flicked on by Vinall and the incoming Freddie Taylor-Fox came rushing in to volley the ball past Jones from close range. On 58 minutes Stoke’s Khalil Lamir collected the ball on the halfway line beat full-back Jack Mills then sent in a tantalising ball into the box with keeper Jacques and his own defender clashed but just managing to get the ball away for a corner. Boco almost made it 2-0 on 65 minutes as Vinall’s cross found Jacob Saunders but his shot crashed against the post. On 83 minutes Harrison Kyte beat three Stoke defenders sent the ball across goal but it just eluded Frank Taylor-Fox and went out for a goal-kick. Stoke’s final effort came right at the end a great shot from Lamir that flashed past the wrong side of the upright.

18th April 2019 - Departing Broadwell boss rues frustrating final season at the helm

Harry Madge

Broadwell manager Lee Williams insisted that whilst his final season in charge didn’t go as planned, there is a bright future for both the club and himself moving forward.

Williams, who has been affiliated with Broadwell for 24 years, will leave the club in the summer having guided Broadwell to a tenth placed finish this season. However, after finishing sixth in 2018, Williams acknowledged that this season was something of a disappointment for his side.

He said: "This season was really frustrating to be honest. We went into our first four or five games of the season with a bit of a scratch side and we ended up losing those opening games. We did rebuild the squad and we ended up being quite comfortable in the league.

"Last year we were there or thereabouts but we’ve not quite been at it this season and we’ve not really been able to play the football that I’ve wanted to play."

Safran Landing Systems engineer Williams alludes to a lack of ruthlessness in front of goal and a certain onus on another Williams.

Broadwell’s Harry Williams has scored 38 goals in his last two seasons in the Gloucestershire County League, and Lee admits his side can be over reliant on their talisman.

"The problem is when he [Harry] doesn’t score, we don’t tend to score. We miss so many chances.

"Last season we had the second best defensive record in the league, but we didn’t create much. This season, I decided to be a little bit more open in order to create chances but we’ve just leaked goals.

"It’s getting that balance right and we just haven’t been able to take our chances. We’re not clinical enough."

Broadwell’s final day 1-0 defeat at the hands of Patchway Town followed a familiar pattern for Williams’ side.

Recounting the fixture, an exasperated Williams said: "Against Patchway we missed so many chances it was unbelievable. You can’t get away with that in the County League. Honestly, how we lost that game I’ll never know."

Although Williams is stepping away, the Broadwell man believes the club has a bright future and holds the potential to be a real force in the Gloucestershire County League.

"The club and the committee are highly ambitious with the pitch and the facilities", he said.

"Hopefully the club will continue to move forward with the facilities. With regards to the football, it would be nice if they could be a top four or five side in the County League consistently and that’s where I think they should be.

"I really hope they do well because I’m Broadwell through and through, but secretly I hope they don’t do too well so they can give me a job in a couple of years!" Williams joked.

As well as the future of Broadwell, Williams vows that his own future in football is also a bright one.

The UEFA B License coach said: "My overall aim is to have a season off and then, whether it’s with Broadwell or another club, is to have a go at another challenge.

"I’ve not fallen out with the club or anything like that. It’s two things really; I thought the club probably needed freshening up but also it’s the fact that it is hard work and it does wear you down – I just need to time to recharge the batteries.

"I’ll stay within football. One thing I’m interested in is doing a sort of coach development scheme with the FA. I see a lot of coaches around the Forest and they could do with a bit of support. It’s an area where I can put something back into the community."

However, whilst Williams promises to step a back from management he concedes the competitiveness of the dressing room will drag him back in the near future.

"I think the changing room will probably pull me back into it sooner rather than later though!" Williams exclaims.

"As a manager it is hard work during the week but when Saturday comes and you’re in the changing room in a place where you can really affect the game, that’s when it’s great. The only better feeling is when you’re playing so I know I’m going to miss it.”

In the meantime though, Williams’ presence will be felt more from the stands than from the dugouts, as he states:

"When I’m not doing anything I’ll be supporting them for sure, it’s my club and I’ll offer support where I can."

17th April 2019 - Mission accomplished for Lebeq United boss

Simon Parkinson

RELIEVED and delighted Lebeq United boss Rayan Wilson says it’s a case of "mission accomplished" for his club after overseeing their Marcliff Gloucestershire County League title and possible promotion successes.

The Oaklands Park outfit dusted themselves down from their 2017-18 runner-up disappointments to edge out Frampton United and Stonehouse Town in a race to the line that became much closer than it might have been.

That’s because Lebeq were docked six points for fielding ineligible players in two games towards the end of the campaign, offering their top-table rivals an unexpected opportunity which ultimately they were unable to exploit.

Sports rehabilitator and performance coach Wilson, who led Lebeq into the County League as Suburban League champions in 2016, enthused: "Winning the title and hopefully gaining entry into the Toolstation Western League on the back of it has been one of Lebeq’s long-standing goals.

"Generation after generation in bygone years openly spoke about the fact Lebeq should already have a team at such a level, something that has never transpired.

"Now the whole club has the opportunity to tick off this goal and make headway for local inner city footballers to have a platform to play at a good and higher standard, so bridging the gap even more when it comes to fulfilling young individuals’ footballing aspirations."

Wilson, who is to step down as manager now their 28-game programme has successfully ended, added: "I have to thank the current team, the Lebeq committee and local community, as well as the management staff which includes Benjamin McLeod, Twaine Plummer, Aaron Wilson and Aaron Cornwall.

"It has been an incredible journey, not just for myself but for all involved at the club."

Of that six-point deduction, Wilson acknowledged: "It came down to admin errors on our part and if you make those types of errors then you have to stand by the consequences that come with them and learn from it.

"The club have had a couple of new people in particular positions which resulted in a few teething issues."

Club chairman Dwayne Smith beamed: "As a club we are very happy and proud of the team’s success this season.

"The manager and his coaches have made history and taken us to new heights. Hopefully we can now continue to push forward by putting the right things in place to keep us at this great new level of football.

"We would also like to thank Rayan for all his hard work in achieving two promotions in four seasons as manager and for his commitment in some testing times.

"He will be moving on to pastures new at the end of this season and we wish him all the best."

Lebeq founder member in the early 1980s George Philipou smiled: "I felt excited and relieved too after that points’ deduction. I’m certain it was an accident caused by administrative inexperience and thankfully it didn’t cost us.

"Finishing as runners-up (to Thornbury Town) last season when we’d been in the ascendancy at times was a big disappointment, so this has really made up for it.

"It’s definitely been won on merit. It’s been a great effort and they’ve been consistent throughout and played their best football to date.

"I’m really looking forward now, along with everyone else at the club, to seeing Lebeq playing at a higher level.

"That said a lot of our players have already performed in the Toolstation League and even higher, so while it’s a step up for the club, for many of the players it won’t be an entirely new experience.

"But they’ll be looking forward to playing at those heights together with their mother club, I’m sure."

Whilst many teams, including confirmed runners-up Frampton United, have completed their fixtures, the programme continues for some tomorrow with Little Stoke entertaining relegation-threatened Gala Wilton, Hanham Athletic, satisfied in the knowledge they are safe from the drop, hosting Ruardean Hill Rangers, and AEK Boco at home to Henbury (all 3pm).

13th April 2019 - Gala Wilton win to move off bottom

Ron Holpin

Gala Wilton’s last game of the season was a must win situation to try and get off the bottom of the table with the hope of avoiding possible relegation. It was not going to be easy as they had to travel to Little Stoke who had won their last two games and not conceded.

The game got off to a flying start for Gala Wilton after fending off a very early attack from Little Stoke on 53 seconds keeper Lewis Skyers smothering Luke Meacham’s fierce shot, they then found themselves in the home box and Little Stoke giving away a penalty with just a minute played. Ryan Dobbins was entrusted with the spot kick and sent keeper Ollie Jones the wrong way for a 1-0 lead. Only 6 minutes on the watch and they were 2-0 up as Ryan Dobbins nicked a long ball off a home defender hit his shot at goal, Jones parried and Jamie Bowers picked up the loose ball and fired home. Dobbins tested Jones again on 22 minutes but the keeper was well prepared for the save. Stoke had a great chance to reduce the arrears on 25 minutes as Jaz Bright sent over a cross to the unmarked Russ Church but he hit his shot into the ground and it went wide of the post. Meacham then had a chance but hit his shot well wide. Stoke missed a glorious chance in the 39th minute from a Jordan Yeo corner that was met by Reece Hedges but with a clear header on goal it went over the top.

The second period produced very little in the way of clear-cut chances although Stoke should have scored in the 61st minute but was thwarted by Skyers. The game was extended five extra minutes but the home side never really looked like scoring.

Another disappointing home result for Stonehouse Town as they went down 1-0 to today’s visitors Hardwicke. It seems to be the story of missed chances by the home side as Chris Earle burst through on goal but then shot wide. Hardwicke’s Tobie Webb created a great chance when he crossed the ball into Kieran Brice-Ingles after 10 minutes but he missed the chance. A couple of minutes later Town’s full-back John Williams also found himself clear on goal but he also failed to hit the target. Chris Earle should have given the home side the lead on 30 minutes but missed the goal again. Just after that and following a corner Tim Williams headed over the bar. After several more attempts on goal by the home side they were stunned in the 65th minute from some great work by Tobie Webb who crossed into the box and Kieran Brice-Ingles slotted home on the far post.

Hanham Athletic will be delighted that they signed off their season with a 2-0 victory over Ruardean Hill Rangers. The home side went ahead on 10 minutes when Jamie Fry picked up a poor back pass by Jack Meek and slotted the ball past keeper Steve Bowles. Ruardean were unlucky shortly after when Luke Brown’s free kick cannoned back off the crossbar. Hanham’s Sam Brown had a great chance to increase the lead after being put clear on goal only to shoot wide of the goal. The home side netted a second in the 70th minute when Callum Carpenter poked the ball over the line following a goalmouth scramble. This was Carpenters first goal of the season.

AEK Boco and Henbury sit next to each other in the table with just two points separating them shared the points today with a 2-2 score-line. Harrison Kyte broke clear of the Henbury defence to give Boco a 1-0 lead on 15 minutes. Henbury hit back 10 minute later when Jacob Hicks curled a great free kick around the wall. The visitors then took the lead in the 35th minute with a George Loud goal. Boco salvaged a point in the 75th minute when Harrison Kyte drifted past several Henbury defenders played a one-two and smashed the return into the Henbury net. The last 15 minutes produced very little in the way of chances so a draw was probably a fair result.

6th April 2019 - Wick win at Stonehouse to hand Frampton Runners-up spot

Ron Holpin

Stonehouse Town needed to win their last three fixtures to snatch the runners-up spot away from Frampton United. They never got started until the 70th minute when they scored, but by this time they were trailing 3-0 to a Wick side who were much more enthusiastic and keener than the home side.

Wick went straight at it from the off and Will Pedrick in the home goal fisting away a great shot from Joe Thomas. With the visitors in control they took the lead on 8 minutes and the two Thomas’s combined to open the scoring as Joe sent a long cross to the far post from the left where Sam Thomas headed home from close range. The home sides first effort was a shot from Adam Philp from a full 30 yards that went wide of the target after 12 minutes. A short corner from the right by Wick found Dan Wingfield but he skied the ball well over the bar. Ben Daniels then had a chance to make it 2-0 to Wick but shot straight at Pedrick. A Joe Thomas freekick from the left went just over then on 41 minutes Wick got a second from a break down the left and a cross into the box that found Ben Daniel’s completely unmarked and he hammered the ball past Pedrick.

Wick continued where they left off at the start of the second half as Sam Thomas got behind the home defence but his shot was really well saved by Pedrick. The visitors went 3-0 up on 50 minutes after a great run down the left by Joe Thomas whose shot was parried by Pedrick but Max Barker tapped in the rebound. Stonehouse Town’s left full back Callum Hook got a great shot off on 57 minutes but it just cleared the bar. The home side were really unlucky in the 64th minute when Adam Ireland got a great cross into the box only to see Adam Philp’s header cannon back of the crossbar. Stonehouse found the back of the Wick net on 70 minutes from a long cross from the right which was headed back across goal and Adam Philp bundled the ball home. Both sides made substitutions but it was the home side with their tails up that almost scored again but for a clearance off the line by Luke Withey, Callum Hook then had his shot well saved by keeper Mark White. The home side piled on the pressure but Wick defended well and went away with the 3 points.

A late goal at Henbury saw visitors Little Stoke slip away with the 3 points. Little Stoke had a great chance to take the lead on 14 minutes as Luke Meacham’s shot beat keeper Lewis Hannam but was headed off the line by Ross Johnson. A couple of minutes later Stokes Lewis Hogg was just over with a shot from the edge of the box. Henbury’s first real chance on 20 minutes came from a Kieran Cooper cross to the far post that was met by Luke Cox but his header was well saved by keeper Ollie Jones. A Long ball up field by Stoke found Russ Church but his 25-yard shot went just wide. Stoke had another good chance on 35 minutes when Jordan Yeo’s raking pass found Alex Hill completely unmarked but he scuffed his shot and the chance was gone. Henbury had another good chance on 38 minutes Sam Fitzpatrick’s pass found Joe Cox but he failed to hit the target. With Honours fairly even for most of the second period the deadlock was broken in the 80th minute by Kieran Williams who had come on as a sub but picked up the ball ran past three home defender and then swept the ball into the bottom corner.

Southmead SC Athletic have completed their fixtures with a 1-0 win at home to Hanham Athletic. This could be enough to keep them out of the bottom position but Gala Wilton still have a game left at Little Stoke next week. The game itself saw several chances for the home side go begging early on with Mohamed Rabia missing two of them and Sean Attiwell shot straight at the keeper from 6 yards. The game was fairly even although the visitors might have made better of the chances they created. Southmead scored that all important goal in the 73rd minute after Hannam only managed to clear an attack to the edge of their box and Leon Clayton-Clarke volleyed into the bottom corner.

Rockleaze Rangers were the visitors at Ruardean Hill Rangers today and were beaten by a solitary goal. Rockleaze have completed their season without drawing a single game, an unusual occurrence in any league. Ruardean had an early chance on 6 minutes when Stuart Cornwell-Boote headed over Joe Kilty cross. Dan Whetton then missed a great chance for Rockleaze after a good run by Rory Langdon. On 15 minutes Lewis Brodie did well to save Luke Brown’s 25-yard drive. Dan Mason then tested Brodie with a great shot that the keeper tipped over the bar on 26 minutes. On 34 minutes home keeper Steve Bowles kept out a stinging effort from Joe Weare. Straight after the restart Ruardean’s Shaun Tingle had Brodie saving again after Luke Brown had set the move up. Rory Langdon had a great chance to give the visitors the lead on 50 minutes but his final touch went over the bar. Steve Bowles then save well again from a Whetton shot before the winning goal that came from Luke Brown in the 55th minute. Brodie kept it to 1-0 when he saved from Joe Kilty and then on 66 minutes Bobby Walding got the ball in the Rockleaze net following a corner but it was ruled out for offside.