News and Match Reports

26th March 2022 - Rockleaze Rangers secure win over Frampton United

Ron Holpin


Rockleaze Rangers 2-0 victory over Frampton United was an excellent result that no doubt the club will be very pleased with. Rangers two goals both came in the first half, the first after 9 minutes when Sam Bailey's crossed to the far post found Dan Webb to slot the ball past keeper Frazer Wilson. Wilson was in action again on 16 minutes when he turned a superb curling effort from Webb around the post. Rangers took a 2-0 lead in the 25th minute again from a deep cross from Miles Hatfield and Webb was there to volley home. Frampton came more into the game in the second half and on 65 minutes Dunning in the home goal brought off a tremendous save to deny Manolo Espada’s dipping effort going in. Webb could have made it three for Rangers in the 77th minute but his shot was brilliantly saved by Wilson. 3 minutes from the end Zayd Alli almost got a third for Rangers but his effort was blocked by the Frampton defence.

Shirehampton welcomed Little Stoke to the Creek on a lovely sunny afternoon. After an opening 20 minutes dominated by Shirehampton Little Stoke fought back to make it 2-1 at the break. Shirehampton opened the scoring on 4 minutes through goal supremo Scott Bamford who strode unchallenged into the penalty area and fired the ball home. Ten minutes later Ryan Radford increased the home side’s advantage when brilliantly chipped the ball over Reece Shaw in goal for Little Stoke to make it 2-0. Little Stoke were not in the mood to cave in and on 21 mins Jaiden Holver picked up the ball and drove at the Shire defence before cutting inside and unleashing a sublime solo effort from 25 yards beyond the reach of Turner in the Shire goal.

Little Stoke should’ve tied things up just before the half hour mark but Turner managed to tip Phil Korouma’s header onto the bar from point blank range with the home side clearing the rebound to leave it 2-1 at the interval. Shirehampton came out for the second half with an increased purpose and within three minutes they took the game away from Little Stoke. The away side were caught cold straight from the restart through a well struck Daniel Spicer half volley and just a minute later Bamford got his second of the game with a stunning effort with the ball crossing the line after hitting the underside of the crossbar. On 54 minutes Bamford got his well-deserved hat trick breaking through the Little Stoke back line before rounding Shaw and slotting the ball home. The prolific Bamford rounded the scoring off with his fourth and Shirehampton‘s sixth as his well struck shot left Shaw no chance. In the final 20 minutes Little Stoke created a couple of openings but could not improve on their one goal while at the other end Shaw continued to pull off a number of very good saves to keep the score down as the league leaders stretched their lead at the top of the table albeit having played a couple more games than nearest challengers Wick.

A 1-1 draw at English Bicknor where today’s visitors were Henbury sitting just above them in the table. The game seamed fairly even until the 25th minute when English Bicknor were reduced to ten men. Just 5 minutes later Bicknor took the lead with a great shot into the bottom corner by George Riley. The hosts did adapt to playing with ten men for 65 minutes and did create some half chances during the second half but just when it looked like the home side were going to take the 3 points Jensen Manning popped up to score in the very last minute of the game to salvage a point for Henbury.

Hardwicke welcomed visitors Sharpness on a glorious sunny afternoon at Green Lane both teams struggled to find any goal scoring opportunities in the initial 25 minutes. However, on 25 minutes a simple back pass by Rob Hine was intercepted by Dan Turner of Sharpness whose shot was blocked by keeper Ollie Hall. The ball bounced back to Turner whose powerful shot from 30 yards flew in off the post. Just prior to the break Sharpness were denied another goal when a fine shot by Brad Hewer was well saved by Hall. Sharpness increased their lead on 50 minutes when the lively Tom Frankham crossed the ball from 25 yards out and it flew into the net past the advancing Hall. Hardwicke tried in vain to get back into the game but were denied by a resilient sharp toothed Shark defence.

Hanham Athletic were at home to Bromley Heath United for today’s fixture with the result ending in a 1-1 score-line. The home side were hit with an early goal from the visitors when Archie Mansfield slotted the ball into the corner after just 5 minutes. A minute later Brandon Barnes had a good chance to level but hit his shot over the bar. The on 10 minutes Karim Rendall’s shot was brilliantly saved by the Bromley keeper. Bromley had a great chance to go 2-0 up on 16 minutes but Jack Withey’s spot kick was brilliantly saved by keeper Ash Bamford. The home side created several more half chances in the second half but had to wait until later in the game when Karim Rendall scored to make it 1-1 and salvage a point.

Wick hosted Ruardean Hill Rangers in a game where he first half offered little goalmouth action, but the few chances created fell in the main to Wick but Aaron Underwood in the Ruardean goal was solid. At nil apiece the second half began with Wick asking the questions but with Ruardean resolute in defence. On 52 minutes Wick's Ben Harris received the ball in the box from a Todd Carter back heel, but having made space to shoot the shot cleared the bar. In the 60th minute Wick fashioned two great chances. The first falling to Ben Harris whose powerful shot was beat away by Underwood in goal but Wick regained the ball and Underwood saved well with his legs from a Ben Weaver driven shot. Despite Wick's determined play the Ruardean defence stood strong and on the odd occasion it was breached Aaron Underwood was unbeatable. As the home side attacked the visitors were looking to catch them on the break which made life uncomfortable on occasion. In the final minutes Underwood pulled off three excellent saves to keep Wick at bay to finish with what was an excellent man of the match performance.

Quedgeley Wanders had Gala Wilton as their visitors where the opening chance of the game on 13 minutes fell to Quedgeley Wanderers a corner into the box was half cleared and Dan Lander’s half volley hit the bar. 18th minute saw a scrappy corner not cleared and Gala Wilton opened the scoring with a tap in from Alex Gayner. 25th minute saw Quedgeley equalise, assisted by Ben Holborough who punted a long ball up field that caught Gala napping, Sean Lawson out jumped the keeper and centre half to score. In the 70th minute there was a chance for Kyle James-Bryan who tried to chip the keeper. A second goal for Gala on 75 minutes a free kick headed in by Dan McNally. Then 5 minutes later they netted a third again from a cross from the left-hand side into the box and tapped home by Jay Dare.

Broadwell Amateurs entertained Patchway Town for this last game in March with both sides having to settle for a draw. The first effort on goal fell to the home side a shot from Kristian Burnard on 15 minutes that went over the bar. Patchway took the lead on 25 minutes with quite a bizarre goal after keeper Watkins failed to get to the ball he had called for it ran loose in the box - there were two attempts to connect from the Patchway forwards before Grant Mathieson managed it on the third attempt and lobbed the ball over the keeper. Early in the second half Patchway’s Joe Dalby had a good chance to increase the score but headed over. The home side squared the game on 54 minutes when Daryl Addis intercepted a poor pass from the Patchway keeper Burgess and drove the ball home. There were several other half chances by the home side but the score remained 1-1.

19th March 2022 - Sharpness win at Ruardean Hill Rangers

Ron Holpin


Only four fixtures played in the league programme this week with Sharpness the only one in action in the top three travelling to the Forest of Dean to meet Ruardean Hill Rangers. It was Ranger’s goalkeeper Aaron Underwood in action first after 10 minutes pulling off a good save from an Alex Higgs header following a Tom Patterson’s pin point cross. Sharpness went ahead on 15 minutes and it was Higgs in the thick of it again as he broke down the right ghosted past three Rangers defenders before unleashing a tremendous shot that was unfortunately turn into the Rangers net by one of their own defenders. The Sharks double their score on 28 minutes when Alex Higgs out jumped Underwood in the home goal and headed home from a corner. Sharpness should have made it 3-0 on the half hour but with just Underwood to beat Brad Thomas saw his shot well saved by the keeper. Ruardean had a great chance to pull one back but all though in a great scoring position Luke Johnson pulled his shot wide. On 52 minutes Higgs missed a great chance to make it three. Rangers did eventually get on the score sheet in the 75th minute when Sharpness gave away a penalty for handball and Steve Clark made no mistake from the spot. The home side pushed hard for another goal but the Sharks just sat back and soaked up the pressure.

Quedgeley Wanderers entertained Rockleaze Rangers today and 5 minutes into the game saw a Sean Lawson cross end up as an own goal by the Rockleaze Rangers centre back. On 21 minutes Wanderers Ryan Webb saw his shot from the edge of the box saved by the Rangers keeper. Then a few minutes later Aiden Nylander fired just past the outside of the post. A second goal for the home side on 38th minute, was a cross by Ryan Webb tapped in by Jordan Rouse. 2 minutes before the break the home side made it 3-0 when Kyle James-Bryan tapped home following a Ryan Webb free kick 58th minute a shot from Nathan Goodwin-Worrall was well saved by Quedgeley keeper Ben Holborough. Then a minute later a Rangers free kick chipped into the box and headed in by Dan Webb to make it 3-1. A 70th minute free kick from Wanderers was clipped into the box but headed wide by George Norman. Rangers had another great chance on 85th minutes but it was well saved by the home keeper Holborough. The very last minute of the game Rangers made it 3-2 Dan Webb cleared to the edge of the box and Sam Bailey smashed it in.

Just the one goal in this local derby Patchway Town v Henbury. The first effort on goal came from Panchways Phil Dolby striking the ball against the crossbar. Right on half time Henbury were unlucky following a free kick the was headed goal wards followed by a sliced clearance and another attempt to clear by keeper Sam Burgess with the ball falling to Brandon Dack whose effort just cleared the bar. Patchway were awarded a penalty on 50 minutes for a foul by Cameron Tarr and as this was his second yellow card he was dismissed; Phil Vice took the penalty for the home side but missed altogether. Following a counter attack by Henbury in the 52nd minute Brandon Dack struck the upright. But in the very next minute Patchway grabbed the lead when Sam Finn headed in a Grant Mathieson cross. In the 80th minute Henbury’s Matt Jones cleared off the line from a Fin Thompson shot and with just 5 minutes left a long range shot from Ollie Bacon hit the crossbar.

A local derby in the Forest of Dean between English Bicknor and Broadwell Amateurs ended in a 1-1 score line. Bicknor who are struggling near the bottom put everything into this game. But Broadwell are a tough team to break down but they did make the break through after 8 minutes using the long ball tactic down the right flank Blaine Smith sent over a perfect pass that was laid back to Matt Mcleod to place a low shot into the corner of the net. Broadwell worked hard to get back into the game with the home side defending in numbers. Broadwell did eventually make the break through on 23 minutes when Aiden Creighton rode several tackles in midfield and drove the ball past Derek Roberts in the home goal. Just before the break George James saw his goal bound effort well saved by Watkins in the visitor’s goal. A lot of misplaced passes and little cohesion from either side was the order of the day for the second half with home keeper Robbers keeping his side in the game with two great saves.

Les James Cup Semi Final - sponsored by Boca Teamwear


On a gloriously sunny March afternoon in front of a bumper crowd at Wick, with the pitch in fantastic condition, Wick and visitors Little Stoke took to the field to contest the Les James County League cup semi-final. Both teams came out of the blocks with a purpose testing each other across the park. Little Stoke closed down Wick well to deny them space to play their passing game, however Wick took the lead after 12 mins when stalwart Sean Morris rose impressively to meet Ben Harris's well taken corner to head the ball firmly into the Little Stoke net. Wick then settled into their patient passing game carving out another opportunity after 20 mins, but their effort was wide of the post. Within a minute after another fluid move from Wick, Ben Harris was released he then rounded a Little Stoke defender to stroke home his precise shot into the far corner of the Little Stoke net to give Wick a two-goal advantage. Following another Wick attack, Little Stoke stole the ball and broke quickly to open up the Wick defence, however when well placed their final pass was over hit to squander what was a dangerous attacking move. The first half drew to a close with neither side giving an inch in the tackle in what became a fiercely competitive game.

Wick started the second half brightly carving out two chances in the first few minutes. The first falling to Ben Harris and the second to Rob Moore both hitting their shots just wide of the Little Stoke post. On 50 mins Jaiden Holver fashioned Little Stokes first opportunity of the second half creating space to shoot, but pulling his shot just wide. Wick continued to look dangerous and on 60 mins Ben Weaver was set free down the left, however his cross flashed across the Little Stoke goal avoiding everyone to run harmlessly wide. Wick continued to create but lacked that final accuracy to test Little Stokes keeper Reece Shaw, but pressure eventually told and on 75 mins as Ben Weaver drove into the box on the left, his fiercely hit cross found the back of the net off a retreating Little Soke defender to put Wick 3 up. Little Stoke refused to give up and Alex Hill hit a crisp shot from distance passing just wide of the Wick post. On 87 mins Alex Hill again cause Wick some concern when his goal bound flick brought Wick's Jay Powell into action to tip the ball over for a Little Stoke corner. As the clock wound down Ben Weaver surged into the little Stoke box and his shot was well held by Reece Shaw low down to his left. Bang on time Wick's Sam Thomas rose well following a corner to glance his header into the far corner of the Little Stoke net to finish the game 4-0.

18th March 2022 - Rockleaze manager wants team to double down

Simon Parkinson

PETER Bradbury is urging his Rockleaze Rangers team to double down and make sure they remain a Marcliff Gloucestershire County League competitor ahead of a proposed more productive 2022-23 campaign.

Rockleaze have ridden quite the rollercoaster this term, their hopes at the start of a concerted crack at league title and promotion success scuppered in no small way by a series of injuries and unavailability.

Bradbury’s battlers, fresh off the back of Saturday’s spirit-raising 3-0 defeat of English Bicknor at Hillside Gardens HQ, appear comfortably placed tenth in the table heading into tomorrow’s away day with seventh-spot Quedgeley Wanderers (3pm).

Rangers’ alert leader emphasised, however: “There are rumours three teams could go down; so I’m looking at us trying to get at least three wins from our final five games to make absolutely certain we don’t get sucked in.

“It’s a big plus having Dan Webb and Jordan Dent available to us as a partnership again, our prolific front two from two years ago. Dan has had his injury problems since coming back to us from Cribbs earlier in the season; but when he’s played he’s been coming up with the goals, as we saw with his hat-trick against Bicknor at the weekend.

“Jordan has been out most of the season with a knee ligament injury. He’s been training the past few weeks and hopes to return against Quedgeley, which would mean I’d have two recognised forwards up there together for the first time this season.

“It’s a frontline we’ve sorely missed, and it’s great to have them back in business together.”

As though to sum up their season, there have been more ups and downs for Bradbury and his men to negotiate, although he’s emerged from those latest experiences in reasonably encouraged mode.

He said: “We played the top two, Shirehampton and Wick, immediately before getting back to winning ways on Saturday.

“Against Wick we were simply beaten (2-0) by the better team, although I was pleased with how hard we made them work for that and the fact it took two very well crafted goals to overcome us.

“Shire beat us 3-0 on one of those days best forgotten from our perspective. It was hard to take as we’d been only 1-0 down and creating chances when decisions out of our control went against us.

“I’m not one to criticise officials as I know it’s hard; but for me, goals two and three should never have been given. Yes, Shire maybe shaded it; but 3-0 flattered them.

“In response, we targeted three points against Bicknor who are down there second from bottom; and while we didn’t produce our best performance, one a bit laboured at times, we could easily have won by more goals had we been more ruthless.

“Nonetheless, it was a nice way for me and my assistant Lee Douglas to celebrate our 100th County League game in charge at Rockleaze together.”

Meanwhile, Wick, who trail leaders Shire by two points but hold a precious game in hand, take a breather from their scrap for league supremacy as they entertain Little Stoke in the semi-finals of the Les James League Cup for the chance to face Ruardean Hill Rangers in the final (3pm).

Whilst Shirehampton, who have won their last two games to get back on track following back-to-back defeats, don’t play again until Wednesday night when fourth-placed Frampton United are the Creek guests (7.30pm), tomorrow sees Patchway Town and visiting Henbury lock horns in Bristol derby combat at Scott Park.

Rejuvenated bottom team Hanham Athletic, and their opponents at home next Saturday Bromley Heath United, both have this weekend off.

12th March 2022 - Shirehampton win at Broadwell to stay top

Ron Holpin


Shirehampton’s Scott Bamford netted two more goals at Broadwell Amateurs to keep his club in contention for the title. It was difficult conditions with a strong wind blowing towards the Clubhouse then in the 19th minute Broadwell conceded a free kick just on the edge of the box and Bamford hit a hard low shot at the wall it took a deflection and flew past keeper Watkins in the home goal. Watkins was called upon again in the 37th minute pulling off a good save from Radford. 5 minutes into the second half a poor clearance by the home defence saw Bamford collect the ball nip past a couple of defenders and drove the ball into the corner of the net. The best chance for the home side fell to Ethan Wilkins in the 85th minute but his effort went just over the bar.

A goalless draw at Frampton United whose visitors today were Wick also pushing hard for the title. It was wick who fashioned the first effort on goal after 32 minutes when Dan Weaver cut in to the box but then shot wide. In the 40th minute a long throw almost caught Wick out but as Manolo Espada was ready to pounce the keeper snatched the ball away. In the 60th minute a good cross into the box from Harvey Cowley saw James Martin’s diving header flash past the outside of the post. In the 66th minute Stuart Maule had a good chance but shot over the bar. Wick almost stole the points in the last minute when they struck the crossbar and keeper Tom Kaye pulling off a great save from the follow up shot.

Bromley Heath United eased their worries with a 3-0 win at home to Ruardean Hill Rangers. Very little happened in the first 45 minutes except for a shot from Rangers Bobby Walding which was well saved by the home keeper on 15 minutes. Bromley opened the scoring in the 55th minute from a corner Jack Withey heading it on across goal and Trai Elliston-Sacket was at the far post to finish it off. Bromley went further ahead on 71 minutes after being awarded a penalty and Jack Withey stepped up to score from the spot. The score became 3-0 on 77 minutes after the Rangers keeper failed to hold a shot and Sam Edwards following in slammed the ball home.

Gala Wilton conceded an early goal against today ‘opponents Henbury after just 5 minutes Will Baldwin poking the ball over the line. Gala had a good chance on 23 minutes when Dan Gayner’s shot was blocked picked up by brother Alex who saw his shot cleared off the line. Gala had to wait until the 50th minute to level and it came from the penalty spot put away by Dan Gayner. The home side grabbed the winner on 70 minutes with a cross into the box and headed down by Dan McNally for Dan Gayner to score his second on the far post.

On a blustery afternoon at Green Lane both the home side, Hardwicke and visitors Patchway Town created few chances in the initial 20 minutes. Patchway took the lead after 21 minutes when Sam Finn beat his marker and sublimely crossed to Joe Barnes who powerfully headed past keeper Ollie Hall. Patchway took control of the game and had to wait until the 60th minute when Grant Mathieson scored after a fine cross from Sam Finn. 5 minutes later Grant Mathieson scored from the penalty spot after Ryan Rogers was fouled. Hardwicke fought back and were rewarded by their tenacity when Adam Bloomfield dispossessed Joel Gayle and crossed to Rob Hine to poke home after 80 minutes. This goal gave Hardwicke some belief and scored 5 minutes later after good work by Freddie Humphries who squared the ball to Adam Bloomfield to fire home. This was a spirited comeback by the home side but left it too late to secure a point.

Rockleaze Rangers ran out 3-0 winners against next to bottom English Bicknor. The afternoon belongs to Dan Webb who produced a well taken hattrick the first of the three coming in the 17th minute a curling shot around the keeper after some good build up work by Nathan Goodwin. On 50 minutes Miles Hatfield saw his shot clip the outside of the post. 70 minutes Rangers went 2-0 up when Pete Irelands cross was headed in by Webb for his second and just a minute later Rangers nicked the ball of the opposition and that gave Webb the chance to complete his hattrick.

At Sharpness the fixture against Little Stoke was a game of two halves in windy conditions at Hamfields Leisure. Little Stoke won the toss and chose to kick with the wind in the first half and put plenty of pressure on the Sharks defence. Sharpness nearly opened the scoring midway through the half against the run of play when Tom Frankham was slipped through by Alex Higgs. Frankham raced away from the Stoke back line but pulled his shot wide. Little Stoke took the lead 30 mins in after breaking away from a Sharpness corner and putting the ball over the top for Jaiden Holver who raced through and slotted the ball past Taylor to take a deserved lead. Little Stoke could have increased their lead further were it not for a great save from Taylor who tipped a goal bound header round the post. The visitors probably felt aggrieved to only go in 1-0 up at half time. Sharpness started the 2nd half much brighter with the wind at their backs. A corner in from Will Lacey fell to Frankham who saw his effort blocked, the rebound fell to Ryan Ponting but his shot was headed off the line. Alex Higgs then went close from long range but his effort skimmed the bar. Sharpness finally made their 2nd half pressure count when Ponting rose highest to head in a corner from Dan Turner. Ben Gibbs could have snatched all 3 points for Sharpness late on but sent his effort over bar.

Hanham Athletic continue on their quest to avoid relegation with a resounding 5-1 win at home to Quedgeley Wanderers. This was helped by a hattrick from Karim Rendall. They opened the scoring on 5 minutes with a goal from Rendall and he followed that up on 24 minutes with a second. On 36 minutes Wanderers had a great chance to pull one back but Hornsby’s shot was well saved. Rendall then completed his hattrick on 49 minutes and Jamal Simms then made it 4-0 om 60 minutes. Wanderers made it 4-1 on 64 minus with an own goal and then on 70 minutes Paul Coles wrapped up the scoring with number five.

11th March 2022 - Patchway Town boss urging team to rally

Simon Parkinson

TIM Minihane is urging his Patchway Town players to rally themselves and show they truly mean business as fully-fledged Marcliff Gloucestershire County League competitors over the final few weeks of an inconsistent 2021-22 programme.

The Scott Park side are at Hardwicke tomorrow where their manager is keen to see evidence his misfiring team can yet become a revitalised force after losing four of their last five games.

Minihane admits he was particularly irked by recent respective 2-0 and 1-0 defeats at the hands of their Quedgeley Wanderers hosts and Bromley Heath United guests, certainly the manner in which they came about.

“Quedgeley went down to ten men after their man (Henry Birkett) was sent off with two yellow cards only 17 minutes in,” the Town boss said. “They had taken the lead early and then sat back in their numbers after the red card while we struggled to create anything.

“To cap it all, they scored a second goal with their one real opportunity of the second half.

“At home against Bromley, an important game for us given they were just below us in the table, we lost 1-0 in the 93rd minute when it really should have at least ended as a draw. For me, we just weren’t good enough over the final ten minutes of that one. I just felt we didn’t take enough initiative.

“It’s been frustrating because we’d been going really well up until Christmas, which couldn’t have come at a worse time in terms of losing momentum.”

Minihane observed: “We’re not taking games by the scruff of the neck as we had been doing before Christmas.

“It’s not helped either that we’ve had to make four or five changes to the team each and every game. We do have a strong squad containing some talented players; but precious few are taking responsibility to try and score goals.

“As a management team, we’re challenging our lads to give a better account of themselves over our remaining nine games. We simply haven’t performed to our capabilities these past couple of months.

“I’m also mindful that we need to pick up a few points yet in order to give ourselves proper breathing space when it comes to ensuring we stay up.”

The Scott Park leader has reinforced his staff room with the call to duty of Ash Wells as his No.2.

“Ash has played and helped managers Damien Keary and Stephen Tunbridge with our reserves,” he explained. “My own joint manager, Phil Vice, continues to play in our midfield, so it helps to have someone like Ash in as an extra pair of experienced and knowledgeable hands out there on the side.

“Talking of which, our ressies are looking forward to giving it another go in the GFA Junior Cup semi-finals on Saturday, March 19 (2pm) as the Gloucestershire FA have told Stapleton, who beat us 2-1 originally, that the game has to be replayed as they’d fielded an ineligible player in the game.”

It’s hotting up at the County League summit, where slender leaders Shirehampton, who are at Broadwell Amateurs tomorrow, and Wick, who go to Frampton United three days after bowing out of the GFA Challenge Trophy 3-1 at the last eight stage at the hands of Roman Glass St George, are effectively side by side with 54 points each.

Hanham Athletic, whose chances of ultimately hoisting themselves off the bottom were enhanced still more by their 4-2 weekend win at fellow strugglers English Bicknor, entertain Quedgeley Wanderers; while Bromley Heath United entertain Ruardean Hill Rangers and Rockleaze Rangers receive English Bicknor at Hillside Gardens.

Little Stoke travel to take on third-placed Sharpness, and Henbury, keen to keep the relegation trapdoor at arm’s length, visit mid-table Gala Wilton targeting three precious points.

All games kick off at 3pm.

5th March 2022 - Bromley Heath grab points at Little Stoke

Club Reporters


At Little Stoke where Bromley Heath United were the visitors, the home side dominated the first half but failed to create any clear-cut chances. The best chance of the half falling to Bromley Heath’s Sam Edwards whose header from a corner was brilliantly saved by Little Stoke keeper Reece Shaw.

In the second half the Little Stoke put in a poor performance with Bromley Heath being the better side. The visitors took the lead on 65 minutes when a neat three pass move found Jack Withey who struck a shot from the edge of the area into the back of the net. Three minutes later a long free kick from Bromley Heath United was missed by Reece Shaw in the Little Stoke goal and the ball fell to Jack Withey to head home from five yards to make it 2-0 to the visitors. Which is how it finished without further incident.

Shirehampton bounced back from two disappointing results as they welcomed Rockleaze Rangers to the Creek and it was the home side who almost opened the scoring within 5 minutes with Scott Bamford just sending his strike wide of the post.

Rockleaze enjoyed some early pressure and their number 9 narrowly missed the goal with an attempted lob on 10 mins but two minutes later it was yet again Shirehampton’s Bamford who came close to breaking the deadlock when he turned his man and smashed the ball against the upright.

The league leaders took the lead on 20 minutes when the Rockleaze keeper saved well from a dipping effort but Ryan Radford was on hand to cut the ball back across the area for full debutant Louis Snailham to slot the ball home.

Rockleaze created a couple of more chances but it was Shirehampton who were persistently knocking on the door and on 44 mins Scott Bamford slammed the ball across the visiting keeper leaving him no chance as his strike found the side netting to make it 2-0.

The second half started with both sides moving the ball around well then on 50 mins Snailham bagged his second and Shire’s third with a well placed strike.

The remainder of the half saw both sides work hard throughout the midfield with neither keeper seriously threatened as Shire maintained their lead on goal difference albeit having played one game more.

English Bicknor hosted Hanham Athletic who came away with a 4-2 victory. Hanham took an early lead via a Josh Gibbs goal. Karim Rendall extended the lead before Ryan Smith pulled a goal back for the hosts. Randall grabbed his second in the 35tth> minute before Greg Tynan scored on 40 minutes to leave the visitors leading 3-2 at the break. In the second half Karim Rendall completed his hat-trick to give Hanham a victory and three much needed points.

With the pitch in fantastic condition Wick and Broadwell Amateurs took to the field in what was sure to be a competitive match. Wick came out the blocks in impressive style forcing a corner within the first few minutes, from which Wick's Rob Moore rose impressively to head home Ben Harris's well taken corner. Wick had a great chance to double their lead in the 7th minute when Ben Weaver surged into the Broadwell box to create a one on one with Broadwell's keeper Jack Watkins who spread himself well to smother the goal bound shot.

Broadwell regrouped well and with grit and determination denied Wick the room to play their normal patient passing game and they themselves began to create opportunities around the Wick goal. On the 25 minute mark Broadwell's Ben Schiller made space to shoot from distance however his shot flew past the Wick post. 5 minutes later Ben Schiller was in action again this time Wick's keeper Jay Powell pushed his effort away for a Broadwell corner.

Most of the remaining first half play took place in mid field and was punctuated frequently by niggling fouls by both sides. Half time came with Wick holding a slender lead.

Broadwell started the second half with a purpose and their first attack resulted in a head injury to Wick's Rob Moore which delayed play for 5 minutes whilst he was attended to.

Minutes after the game restarted a pass back to Wick's keeper Jay Powell was chased by a Broadwell forward which hurried the Wick keeper to kick clear. His huge clearance released Wick's Luke Bryan who had replaced Jay Malpas at the break, and he rose well to head the ball over the advancing Jack Watkins to double Wick's lead. Bryan could have scored his second and Wick's third on 60 minutes when put through one on one with the Broadwell keeper who saved well to deny Wick.

Broadwell should have pulled a goal back after 70 minutes when they found themselves clear on goal with just the keeper to beat, but their shot hit the outside of the Wick post. Broadwell continued to be dangerous and were unlucky ten minutes later when their shot came back off the inside of the Wick post and across the Wick 6 yard box where a Wick defender won the foot race to clear the ball.

At the other end Luke Bryan continued to look lively and brought a fine save from Jack Watkins. The game was now end to end and following good work on the left the ball was worked to Bryan whose shot was again well saved by Watkins however Bryan reacted quickest to regain the loose ball and his goal bound shot was deflected into the Broadwell net of a Broadwell defender. With a minute to go Broadwell had the ball in the back of the Wick net only for it to be ruled out for off side. Full time 3-0 in what was a competitive game.