News and Match Reports

28th September 2023 - Electronic Programmes

Gala Wilton v Cheltenham Civil Service

Click on the image to view

Little Stoke v Broadwell Amateurs

Click on the image to view

Ruardean Hill Rangers v Sharpness

Click on the image to view (External Site)

24th September 2023 - Away wins for Frampton United and Avonmouth

Mark Simpson


Only two matches this week due to the GFA County Cup. Leaders Avonmouth taking advantage to stretch their lead to four points at the top. We have two first round County Cup casualties with Broadwell Amateurs and Stoke Gifford United biting the dust.

Firstly to Waterwells for a local derby between Quedgeley Wanderers and Frampton United in front of a fairly decent crowd of 82. A quick start for the hosts, when from the kick off Sean Lawson couldn’t quite connect with his header. In 13 minutes Rio Spencer did some great work down the left and his ball in was defended for a corner. Connor Webb’s 20 yard free kick a minute later was just over. In the 22nd minute a big chance for Quedgeley, Webb delivering a lovely free kick but Ollie Barnett headed into Tom Kaye’s hands. After all that Quedgeley pressure and chances created it was perhaps inevitable that Frampton would take the lead, Manalo Espada obliging. Two minutes later a 31st minute second for Frampton Jono Willetts finding the net. Two minutes from the break Espada chipped home keeper Steve Sparrow for his second of the match and Frampton’s third. They started the second period in a similar fashion to how the first ended, but a great challenge by Barnett prevented a goal. Five minutes in Sparrow gifted a chance to Espada but he shooed the chance over. On 52 minutes Willetts got his second for 4-0 and shortly after Spencer missed yet another for Quedgeley. It was five on 64 minutes, Jonathan Lewis netting. There were a few more chances for the hosts before the end, Rory Hunt closing down Tom Kaye, the keeper’s clearance striking Hunt and drifting over and Hunt’s free kick going close. 5-0 to Frampton, but who knows, if a few of Quedgeley’s chances had been taken the result might have been quite different.

At the Ruardean Recreation Ground it was the visitor’s from Avonmouth trying their superior height advantage in the early exchanges. On seven minutes Josh Pearce forced a good save from Ruardean Hill Rangers Aaron Underwood after the ball broke to him 10 yards out, and a minute later Matt Groves should have put Avonmouth in front but opted for power and hit the bar. On nine minutes following a foul by Dave Matthews, Alfie Taylor cooly slotted home the resultant penalty, sending Underwood the opposite way, to give the visitor’s the lead. Avonmouth continued to dominate with Charlie Aldom forcing a good save from Underwood at his near post. It was 39 minutes when Avonmouth finally added to their tally after a slick move saw Kyle O’Donovan finishing past Underwood. Into the second half, and it was Avonmouth at it again, hitting the crossbar from a corner. In a rare sortie for Hill Steve Clark expertly turned his defender but Tom Bradley made a great save. On 56 it was three-nil as a good through ball found Pearce who slotted home. With 15 to go Hill’s Tommy Coleman sent a curler just wide. On 80 Jordan Whittaker’s free kick for the visitors rattled the post and two minutes on Bradley saved well from Bobby Walding’s header. Just before the end Josh Pearce should have made it four but screwed horribly wide. Nevertheless a sound away performance for the top side and a comprehensive 3-0 victory.

22nd September 2023 - Electronic Programmes

Ruardean Hill Rangers v Avonmouth

Click on the image to view (External Site)

17th September 2023 - Stoke Gifford edge out Hanham Athletic

Mark Simpson


Avonmouth, newly promoted to the league, have made an extremely promising start to their campaign winning their opening four games, but I’m sure that they will be hotly pursued by last years runners up, Bromley Heath United, and the group behind them.

Starting with that group with Stoke Gifford United who took on Hanham Athletic on a damp cloudy day. Gifford started on the front foot and dominated early on, Ben Sheppard and Spike Weaver both going close in the first 10 minutes. On 15 against the run Paul Coles should’ve put Hanham in front when free 8 yards out. Gifford took the lead on 28, Rudy Hill cleared well and good play led to Weaver bursting clear and slotting home. Minutes later it should’ve been two when Weaver and Paul Cronin combined to find Jack Nunn who fired wide. However, it was Hanham who were level just before the break when a fierce long-range effort from Brandon Barnes was parried by Ash Eyles for Karim Rendall to finish. Excellent build up play by Sheppard created an opening for Marcus Thatcher who cut in and curled against the post on 51 and at the other end Rendall drew a strong hand from Eyles. On the hour Sheppard rose highest to head against the underside of the bar. Hanham kept probing but twice found Eyles on form. The game was won late on when Kearney struck from 25 yards to give Stoke Gifford a 2-1 win.

Rockleaze Rangers excellent start to the season continued against a stubborn Ruardean Hill Rangers at Hillside Gardens. The first 25 minutes was quite dour with Hill well organised in defence marshalled by the ever-dependable Aaron Underwood. The best chance falling to Dan Webb whose header flashed narrowly wide. Rangers first came soon after, Sam Bailey’s corner met by Drew Sawdon with a thunderous header. Rockleaze started the second period and never really let Hill settle. A minute in James Goulden was put through by debutant Kacper Kalkowski but shot wide of Underwood’s near post. Kalkowski scored the second himself on 54 finding the net after Sam Bailey’s shot had struck the bar causing an almighty scramble. Rockleaze put the game to bed on 62 minutes, Dan Webb finding himself one on one with Underwood from Goulden’s through ball, driving past the keeper. The busy Underwood made a great from George James on 75 minutes but was beaten by Butt minutes later and saved by the post. However, the fourth did come, with James’ heading home Pali’s corner. 4-0 to Rockleaze.

Broadwell Amateurs, another in the chasing pack, welcomed Quedgeley Wanderers to the Hawthorns. Broadwell started brightly and good work down the right saw Liam Thomas fire at Nathan Charnock. Quedgeley went close on a few occasions, Alfie Pledger breaking free only to fire over, and Jack Watkins making a couple of point-blank saves to keep the hosts in it. Fishwick’s long range effort for Broadwell was pushed over by Charnock. On 35 minutes Thomas found himself free, his shot beating Charnock only to strike the post. Five minutes on Quedgeley’s Sean Lawson broke through but his 18 yard shot was wide. On 58 minutes Thomas’s cross was met by Kris Burnard’s head and blocked only for Taylor Blaby’s follow-in header to make sure for 1-0. The second came on 72 minutes after Charnock’s save was picked up by Thomas who looped the ball over him for 2-0. Quedgeley tested Broadwell throughout but despite some promising play couldn’t find a finish and Broadwell held firm for a 2-0 win.

At the Bell Field Frampton United faced a Gala Wilton side looking for their first league points of the season and with Frampton taking an early two goal lead things didn’t look very good for them. Early on Frampton took the lead when Willets intercepted a Gala clearance and slipped Espada in for a cross deflected in for an own goal. It was two on ten minutes Espada cutting back and Freddie Porter shot through the keeper’s legs. However, it only took Gala a couple of minutes to open their account, Baron turning the defence and slotting past Frazer Wilson. Gala’s second came from a simple tap in by Tim Hill and the turnaround was complete a minute before half time with Jay Dare heading in after a good save from Wilson. It was now all Gala with Baron scoring his second on 56 and completing his hat-trick on 72 for a stunning 5-2 Gala win which seemed most unlikely after 10 minutes.
A gallery for this game by Brian Rossiter is available Here

To Tewkesbury Road, where Cheltenham Civil Service and Sharpness were fairly well matched for the opening half hour with a lot of hard work but little goalmouth action. The game however turned completely on 35 minutes when a weak header back saw keeper Harvey Need gather the ball only for his momentum to take him just outside the area and adjudged by the Referee to warrant a red card. With Service down to ten it was the Sharks and who started the second half brightly and took the lead two minutes in, a through ball finding Kieran Bennett one on one, his shot through the legs of Nath Buckland. Service battled hard with little in the way of chances but on seventy minutes a free header sent Bennett in on goal again, twisting and wrong-footing Buckland for 2-0. Service could have grabbed a goal with a goal line clearance denying Whelan and Gareth Jones’ glancing header going close but it was Sharpness who saw out the 2-0 win against the ten men of Service.

To the top and Avonmouth were up against a very determined Wick side at KGV. A frantic start saw Josh Pearce get his shot away but no goal and after just three minutes Wick were awarded a penalty converted by Liam Towler to put the visitors one up. The hectic start continued and the hosts were level after 5 minutes Charlie Aldom converting from close range. With Avonmouth’s confidence up Josh Pearce’s shot was well dealt with by Ashton Trott and a minute on Pearce pulled a shot wide. After 37 minutes an Avonmouth corner saw Pearce’s shot well saved. It wasn’t until the 66th minute that Tom Bradley in the home goal was called into action to deal with a Wick attack. Two minutes later a long kick by Bradley found Kyle O’Donovan who beat two defenders and fired the hosts in front. Just four minutes on Avonmouth had the ball in the Wick net but an infringement was spotted and Wick also had one chalked off for an offside flag. George Brown’s free kick was flicked on by Jack Williams for Pearce to fire past Trott for 3-1. It was almost four, when with 4 minutes left Matt Groves’ audacious 35-yard lob was inches wide and so it remained 3-1 to Avonmouth.

To Pomphrey Hill for Bromley Heath United’s first home game of the season up against Little Stoke. A perfect surface to play good football on and neither side disappointed. Stoke had the best early possession but things remained tight. Bromley’s best chance was after 20 minutes when Jack Withey pounced on a loose ball and fired a long range shot blocked by a defender. Little Stoke forced Ferguson into action with a good near post save and a few minutes later he was beaten only for Cam Gardener to save the day. Just before the break Luke Bessell’s free kick for Bromley scraped the post. Stoke started the second half the better and put Bromley under a lot of pressure, the best chance falling to Mike Hardiman whose fierce shot was dealt with by Ferguson. The game developed into an end-to-end affair with both sides creating chances as the defences tired. Ollie Hammond looked dangerous and forced Gigov in the Stoke goal into a couple of fine saves. Alex Hill was unlucky not to get on the end of a good ball across the Bromley box. Heath made the breakthrough on 75 minutes, Little Stoke conceding a free kick which found Jack Withey who headed back across goal for Cam Ford to smash home. The second came five minutes later when Aiden noble flicked a header onto Cam Hopkins, who had only been on a few minutes, to slot under Gigov. A good win for Bromley Heath.

Finally to Almondsbury where Hardwicke were the visitors. The first chance fell to Almonds Davies who hit one which ended up on the motorway. On fifteen minutes a nice Almonds build up saw Dunnell-Luff strike and Matt Prosser saving well. Midway through the half Prosser was in action again saving Knights header from a from a Jones high ball in. Hardwicke did create a chance on 31 minutes but was deflected for a corner. Not an awful lot of action in the second period save for handball in the area by Almonds Trueman, a sin bin for Rossiter and the penalty converted by Ganley for a fine 1-0 Hardwicke win.

15th September 2023 - Les James League Cup Second Round Draw

The Second Round draw for the Les James League Cup sponsored by Boca Teamwear is as below.

  • Gala Wilton v Bromley Heath United
  • Stoke Gifford United v Quedgeley Wanderers
  • Sharpness v Broadwell Amateurs
  • Hanham Athletic v Avonmouth

All games to be played on dates to be arranged

15th September 2023 - Electronic Programmes

Almondsbury v Hardwicke

Click on the image to view (External Site) or use the QR code below

Avonmouth v Wick

Click on the image to view (External Site)

Cheltenham Civil Service v Sharpness

Click on the image to view (External Site)

10th September 2023 - Les James League Cup sponsored by Boca Teamwear - Big win for Avonmouth

Mark Simpson


A break from the League and to the 1st round of The Les James League Cup. Some close encounters and three games decided on a shoot out and perhaps a few surprises on the way.

An eagerly anticipated tie at KGV with Avonmouth entertaining Almondsbury. A close first half with Avonmouth probably seeing most of the ball, but the first real chance fell to Almonds Matt Harmer, mid-way through the half, whose goal bound shot cannoned off the post. Ten minutes on Avonmouth’s Charlie Aldom hit a rocket from outside the box only to be denied by the crossbar. The dangerous Harmer hit a 25 yard free kick pushed over by Tom Bradley. The end to end continued with Aldom next to find space volleying just over the Almonds goal. The hosts pressure paid off just before the break when Tommy Cox cut in from the left and found the top corner for 1-0. Avonmouth made three changes for the second half and were soon two to the good, Kofi Martin’s fantastic pass finding Jack Williams to convert. The third came shortly after, two of the subs combining with Matty Groves laying on for Dillon Kerr to tap in. Groves then played a one-two with Ben Allison with Groves smashing in for 4-0. Following a scramble in the Almonds box O’Donavon chipped over keeper Burgess to Kerr who, after several touches fired in for the fifth. Avonmouth tired a bit in the sweltering conditions letting in Almonds for two late consolations, the first a header by Knight off the bar, post, and keeper and the second shortly after, again from Knight, hammering the ball home, making it a slightly less comprehensive 5-2 win for Avonmouth.

Last seasons winners Broadwell Amateurs had themselves a tricky contest away to Cheltenham Civil Service at Tewkesbury Road. The initial part of the game was a rather sluggish, maybe because of the heat, but Broadwell kicked into gear first, and on twenty minutes Liam Thomas shot wide from a decent position. Broadwell’s pressure was building and Service struggled to put anything together. The game, however, changed five minutes before half time when some neat Broadwell footwork saw the ball find Liam Thomas who finished well into the bottom right. Two minutes on, a long kick from Broadwell keeper Jack Watkins was allowed to bounce and carry a long way before a defensive mix up saw Pete Guite divert his header past the on-rushing Nath Buckland for an own goal and two-nil. Three minutes after the restart it was three-nil, a 25 yard free kick by Jordan Locke struck the upright and rolled across the line for Taylor Blaby to tap in. Broadwell continued to dominate and although a penalty, when Charlie Swift was fouled and Dec Chick scored from a follow up, was the only black mark against them, the game petered out with the holders easing through 3-1.

Last years finalists Sharpness had a tough nut to crack in a repeat of last seasons semi-final against Little Stoke. It was the Sharks who were first to threaten the scoresheet when Kieran Bennett’s shot from the edge hit the foot of the post. Both teams sought a foothold and Stoke had a couple of opportunities midway through the half, first Lewis Hughes with good composure evading a couple of defenders shot straight at Russell, and then Archer was slipped in by Hill, again Russell saving. Both teams took a while to get going in the second half, but it was Stoke who were closest with West’s cross-cum-shot coming off the bar. Lane was sin-binned for the visitors, who still went closest to breaking the deadlock when West had a thunderous strike from distance dealt with by Russell. Sharpness were showing plenty of running twenty minutes from time and broke the deadlock with15 minutes remaining, Will Tainton collecting the ball, cutting inside onto his “weaker” left and let rip with an unstoppable strike past Gigov into the top corner. However Stoke equalised soon after, the Sharks defence failed to deal with things, Hardiman stole the ball and crossed deep for Holver to loop his effort into the far corner. Sharpness wouldn’t be denied and retook the lead with 5 minutes to go. A good run and cross from Mears down the left found Tainton ahead of the defence to make it 2-1, and although both sides had chances after this Sharpness held on for 2-1 and round two.

An interesting one at Stoke Gifford United where Rockleaze Rangers were the visitors for a very competitive game. Gifford dominated early on and should’ve led on 7 minutes Spike Weaver close after excellent wing play by Devanti McInerney. Five minutes on Marcus Thatcher whipped in a great cross but skipper Ben Shepherd couldn’t convert. Rockleaze responded and Sam Bailey should’ve done better after excellent build up play. But, it was Gifford who went in front Shepherd this time making no mistake from Weaver’s great ball in. Five minutes before the break Rockleaze’s Brandon Boomtan was denied by the impressive Ash Eyles and a few minutes later Paul Cronin was denied by a fantastic save by Rangers keeper Peter Bradbury. Into the second, and Weaver struck the post on 49 after being sent clear by Shepherd, and it was Gifford who increased the lead on 52 when Cronin stroked home after good work by Weaver. The last thirty minutes was a different story with Rockleaze looking for a way back in but finding Eyles in fine form. He was eventually beaten with twenty minutes to go, a quick free kick allowed James Goulden to fire home to put some life into the tie. Despite Dejeun Tulloch’s suspected bad injury Gifford held strong and booked their name in the hat for the next round.

To Green Lane, where local rivals Hardwicke and Quedgeley Wanderers always produce a competitive edge and free flowing football. The spectators to this latest dual were not to be disappointed. Both teams sought an early goal and Wanderers Sean Lawson was closest when his 25 yard volley was well saved by Matt Prosser. Prosser was in action again on the half hour mark tipping the ball over from Rory Hunt’s cross with the eager Lawson waiting. The Wanderers appeared to have taken control of matters but were surprised by a swift Hardwicke counter 5 minutes from the break, Harley Mustoe sweeping the ball over the advancing defence for Taro Weston to cooly draw Nathan Charnock off his line and his low shot finding the bottom corner for the lead. Quedgeley equalised just before the break after Prosser brought down Rio Spencer who got up and put the spot kick away. Five minutes into the second period Spencer got another jinking past two defenders and smashing the ball past Prosser. The game continued at a hectic pace in the scorching heat and the home side levelled things on 65 minutes when a through ball from Rudi Kyfinn fell to the on running Pat Vernall who volleyed past Charnock. Lawson was looking to put Quedgeley into the next round but his shot flew past Prosser only to strike a post. The result was fair, so the game weny to penalties. Both keepers saved their initial kicks but it was Quedgeley who progressed to the next round 4-3.

At the Bell Field Frampton United and Hanham Athletic had close tie written all over it and so it was. Hanham opened the scoring after only five minutes when from a free kick on the edge was curled into the top corner by Brandon Barnes. On 18 the hosts equalised when Jon Lewis headed home Manalo Espada’s corner. Frampton keeper Tom Kaye pulled off a great save to deny Jacob Saunders whilst up the other end Lewis had a good chance but his attempted lob was just too high. Karim Randall ran through but was thwarted by a last-ditch Dom Brown tackle. In the 76th minute Frampton took the lead when a ball into the box was missed by Hanham keeper Sam Brown and Freddie Fisher was on hand to finish. Two minutes later it was level, the ball falling nicely to Joel Athey. Freddie Porter and Jono Willets had decent chances to win the game but Brown made good saves to send the game to penalties which were won 8-7 by Hanham.

Down to Wick who entertained a Gala Wilton side who’ve made a rather indifferent start to the season, but they came out of the blocks sprightly, pegging Wick back for the opening 5 minutes. Wick settled and went close on a couple of times. However sloppy defending by Wick led to a 25th minute chance for Gala, the post saving Wick. The hosts carved out a chance in the 35th minute when Jordan Mignott’s rasping shot was tipped over by Curtis Wilkins, but it was Gala who were ahead a minute later when Jay Dare nodded home a great cross. Ashton Trott came to Wick’s rescue a few minutes on saving well to keep them in it, but he had no chance when Antonio Pirelli’s 40 yard screamer found the net to leave Gala two up. Wick came back at Gala but were wasteful in front of goal. On the hour a breakdown in Wick possession gifted Gala a chance but with Trott rounded young Levi Brown on his debut cleared what seemed a certain goal. Wick pulled a goal back on 70 and on 80 Gala had a player dismissed. It was all Wick and when Wilkins picked up a back pass Jamie Johnson found the net from the resulting free kick. Wick had further chances to win it but it wasn’t to be and to penalties it went. Wilkins saved two of Wick’s opening four to win the tie or Gala 4-2.

Finally to Ruardean Hill Rangers, who took on Bromley Heath United. Both teams went toe-to-toe in a very even first half with chances limited. The best chance of the half fell to Hills' Kane Fellows but his shot from the edge brought about a good save from Ferguson and it was somewhat inevitable that the first half was goalless. Anyone who thought the second half might follow a similar pattern couldn’t have been more wrong, Bromley taking the lead straight from the kick off as a slick move saw Ben Ackerman put the finishing touch to a good team move. The next 30 minutes returned to both teams cancelling each other out until the 80th minute when Bromley were awarded a free kick on the edge ending with Cameron Gardiner scoring from close range. Two minutes later the game was killed off with Bromley’s third, Joel Mitchelmore heading in. The fourth came in the final minute when Liam O’Donoghue’s shot from outside the area crept into the far corner. The scoreline perhaps flattered the visitors as for long periods Hill were very much in the game, but then, Bromley Heath won’t care as they are into the next round 4-0

8th September 2023 - Electronic Programmes

Avonmouth v Almondsbury

Click on the image to view (External Site)

Cheltenham Civil Service v Broadwell Amateurs

Click on the image to view (External Site)

Ruardean Hill Rangers V Bromley Heath United

Click on the image to view (External Site)

3rd September 2023 - Bromley Heath United in the goals

Mark Simpson


Well, we are at week 4 and things are starting to take shape with, no real surprises, generally given where teams were last season and their season form. Some might, however, have to start pulling their socks up

Starting at Waterwells Quedgeley Wanderers took on last seasons runners up, Bromley Heath United, but once again it was the hosts inconsistencies that came to light. It appears that except for an early dangerous cross from Rory Hunt the match was mostly controlled by Bromley Heath, with their first goal coming on 21 minutes Cam Gardiner netting from a near post corner. Three minutes on it was two Nathan Rose managing what was termed a weak header but-in-any-case found the net. Five minutes before the break Joel Mitchellmore lobbed Nathan Charnock for 3-0. The second half was much the same with Bromley in control, but they had to wait for the 61st minute before scoring again through Liam Donaghue. Bromley’s final goal came a few minutes later with Ollie Hanham’s shot beating Charnock, 5-0 to Bromley Heath.

Arguably the game of the day was at Hanham Athletic playing Avonmouth, both promoted last season through the play offs. Both teams started well and Hanham should have scored in the third minute but Brandon Barnes’ effort came off the bar. Hanham had several chances to score before Avonmouth’s Charlie Aldom had a header saved by Sam Brown in the home goal. In the second half both teams were attempting to break the deadlock and the best chance was for Hanham when in the 72nd minute a penalty was given to them but Karim Rendall’s spot kick was brilliantly saved by Avonmouth keeper Tom Bradley. The deadlock was finally broken when a run down the left by the visitor’s Josh Pearce led to Matt Groves scoring. Hanham tried several times to force an equaliser but it wasn’t to be and Avonmouth held on for 1-0.

At the Field, Almondsbury, still finding their feet in the County League were tested by a notoriously difficult Ruardean Hill Rangers side. Almonds seemed to have the best of the early exchanges and on twelve minutes Knight took on and beat a few players squared to Dunnell-Luff whose shot was blocked by the defence. Ten minutes on Harmer played through and shot early but Aaron Underwood turned it aside. A few minutes on and Harmer headed narrowly over from a corner. On 36 Almonds Cox received the ball from a corner and his long range effort cannoned off the woodwork. Towards half time Dunnell-Luff beat the offside trap, fired across goal, Underwood pushed it out and his defenders cleared. In a rare sortie Ruardean fired wide from range but it was Almonds who scored right on half time, Cox crossed in from the right and Dawes was at the back post to finish. On the hour, the hosts still pressing and Dunnell-Luff was played through squared to Knight, but Underwood saved once again, as he did on 73 from Cox’s deflected cross. Hill’s equaliser, arguably against the run, came nine minutes from time Walding’s cross eluding everyone and finding the net for the match to finish 1-1.

At the Hawthorns Broadwell Amateurs welcomed Wick, hoping to bounce back after last weeks defeat, and both teams started brightly with probing runs and passes. But it was twenty minutes for the first goal, Jamie Belfitt probing down the right producing a perfect cross for Fishwick to steer past Ashton Trott. Broadwell turned the heat up and in the 24th minute following a corner and a couple of defensive blocks the ball fell to Skidmore whose shot rippled the back of the net. Both teams had chances up to the break. Wick started the second period at a higher tempo but it was only two minutes in when Davies cut in from the right for Broadwell and shot from just inside the box to beat Trott for 3-0. A few minutes later and despite three substitutions Wick were in even more trouble, Powell dancing through the defence was up-ended by Osbourne, Powell took the resultant spot-kick only for Trott to save but Powell made amends with the rebound for 4-0. A good run down the middle by Knight into the box only to be brought down for another penalty, this time Knight scoring first time straight down the middle. The game got a bit hectic into time added on and Towler 93 and Wade 94 scored for Wick giving a final count of 5-2 to Broadwell.

Plenty of goals at the Bell Field where the three points could have gone either way, the game between Frampton United and Cheltenham Civil Service ending 3-3. Frampton opened the scoring when a Manalo Espada free kick to the back post was forced home by Stan Shilton. Service had a good chance to level but Jack Dicker’s attempted lob just cleared the bar. Service pressed and Chick’s free kick on the edge was just wide. Just before the break Jackson sent Campbell through for Service but Tom Kaye just beat him to the ball. Straight from half time Service scored, a cross into the box cleared by Frampton’s defence but only to Dec Chick who cooly slotted past Kaye. Service took the lead on 75 when Dicker’s long range effort took a slight deflection in to the top corner. It was 2-2 in the eightieth Josh Browning heading a corner against the bar and Jon Lewis bundling the rebound home. A minute late Dec Chick got his second and in the last minute Frampton were awarded a penalty, duly dispatched by Espada for 3-3, and it was Espada who had a chance for all three points at the death, his shot hitting the post.

A less exciting affair at a sun-drenched Hamfields where Sharpness took on the free scoring Rockleaze Rangers, but it appears the free scoring bit was left behind. Both sides eased into the game and it was Rockleaze who had the first opportunity, good play by down the left set Tate in behind to cross for Goulden, but his close range effort was over. The Sharks had a great opportunity of their own when Archie Mears found himself through one on one vs Trett but his shot was put behind for a corner. Sharks keeper Gough had to be alert on the half hour to ensure Bailey’s long ranger was tipped over. The second half started in similar fashion to the first both teams battling it out in the central areas. Sharks good chance to break the deadlock when a Martin freekick found Bennett in space in the box but couldn’t control his volley which went over. Tate had the visitor’s best chance of the half when the ball dropped to him while he was on the floor but he could only steer his effort into the arms of Russell. Sharpness nearly took all three points with minutes to spare when Tainton controlled an aerial clearance and let loose a left foot volley but Trett was on hand to tip over and 0-0 it ended.

To Green Lane where lowly placed Hardwicke took on high flying Stoke Gifford United. and the visitors started at a lively pace, with both teams playing attractive football. Gifford’s Devanti McInerney had the first opportunity, dancing through the home defence, drawing keeper Matt Prosser, but his low shot was cleared by Pat Vernall. Two minutes on Benjamin King’s free kick for Hardwicke was blocked by Gifford’s defence. The visitor’s took the lead on 25 with a ball lofted over the Hardwicke defence to McInerney who slotted past Prosser. Prosser was again in action two minutes later parrying away Marcus Thatcher’s fierce free kick. Hardwicke responded immediately with Sean Clarke’s thunderbolt just over. Hardwicke came out from the break pressing and seeking an equaliser and ten minutes in their endeavours bore fruit when Luke Kyffin threaded through to King whose shot was pushed away by keeper Brendan Blaad and into the path of Marley Johnson for a tap in. Both teams continued at a fluid pace and the hosts almost took the lead when Josh Vallis-Ridler found Harley Mustoe whose header flew over. Hardwicke’s determination paid off after 65 minutes when a sweeping cross from Johnson was met by Taro Weston whose mistimed header deceived Blaad and tumbled in. Gifford, however, deserved their equaliser provided by Ben Shepherd powerfully heading home Thatcher’s fine cross. A Hardwicke sin-binning almost led to a Gifford win when Rudy Hill smashed the ball from 25 yards, Prosser spectacularly saving to keep the score at 2-2.

Finally, to a busy afternoon at Little Stoke Park where the hosts got back to winning ways against a young and lively Gala Wilton. It was Little Stoke, however, who fell behind when a ping throw into the box was poorly defended and the ball was poked in for the visitors. Stoke piled on the pressure with Aaron West and Mike Hardiman both going close before West broke clear and squared to Captain Alex Hill to side foot home on 25. The second half followed pretty much the same pattern with Stoke seeing several chances go begging. They were eventually in front on fifty-five minutes through Nathan Brown only for Gala to draw level from a long throw in. Sam Archer then came on for Stoke and had a shot saved within minutes. Little Stoke went in front with twenty to go, West sending in a cross which Russ Church tried to fire home and it fell to Brown to finish. The fourth came, with West again the provider, crossing for Hardiman to head home. Hardiman then made it five when he smashed home from twenty-five yards. 5-2 to Little Stoke.